C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

700whp Build - Need Advice on Fuel System!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 01:32 PM
MoparZ06
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 700whp Build - Need Advice on Fuel System!

Hey gents.
I've got a 2016 C7 Z06/Z07 M7 I'm looking to turn into my scariest car. (I've got a Gen V Viper, a Redeye and an tuned M4 Comp). The idea of a nuts convertible S/C V8 with a stick just makes me excited.
I come from the Hellcat world, so I'm just learning this platform. I've studied a lot of the pages here already but still haven't figured out what I need fuel system wise to make 700whp with E30-E40.

I don't want to open the motor at this time. So no desire for heads/cam. I also want the car to look mostly stock under the hood, so that eliminates a 2650 or a LID that isn't GM OEM. My real question is about the fuel system. What do I need for the fuel system to safely make 700whp without being reliat on METH for fueling? If I add meth, I only want it as an extra, I do NOT want a build where I am supplementing an inadequate fuel system with methanol(its just a risk I'm not willing to take). I'd like to run the car on E30-E40. Do I need injectors?

Here is what I am thinking. RotoFab Big Gulf Intake (already have)

Cordes HX

Cordes ICE Tank

GM Installed Aux Radiator (my brother-in-law has a deal that is doing this for me)

15% Lower Pulley

Flex Fuel Sensor

E30 Flex Tune.

JMS Voltage Booster

ARH Catless Headers (with stock axle back)

(Possible) Meth/Alk Injection Kit (if doesn’t max fuel system and can be done reliably)

(Possible 2017+ lid, with Tilted Bricks)

Budget isn't a huge concern, so I know there are cheaper ways of going about this. I don't need to be sold out of getting headers... I want the headers and catless for the sound, so please don't try and unsell me on headers, they're a preference.

(I also want to be able to make multiple passes without pulling a lot of timing and I want this car to beat my bolt-on 590whp Gen V Viper from a roll).
Any and all advice is appreciated.

Here is the car.

Old 01-29-2024, 01:33 PM
MoparZ06
Heel & Toe

@Cordes Performance Racing Let me know your thoughts.
Old 01-29-2024, 01:46 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Anytime meth is being used it's being compensated for in the tune so it's being used as fuel.

You have a few options here, all will need a ported blower I would do an x port

-Low side & meth (bap should work too but need meth for high)
-Low side & bigger high but will still be quite E limited

This thing should absolutely run from your Gen 5, they are not fast at all with bolt on's. My tuner has a gen 5 we did our TT setup on and I have a gen 4 with our TT setup. Both were turds with bolt on's and did 160 in the 1/2. Which is better than most at least. Now his does high 190's and is a stock sealed engine with motec. We went 190 stock PCM though

Sorry I trailed off, but I would do meth on it personally.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

The following users liked this post:
MoparZ06 (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 01:56 PM
MoparZ06
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Cordes Performance Racing
Anytime meth is being used it's being compensated for in the tune so it's being used as fuel.

You have a few options here, all will need a ported blower I would do an x port

-Low side & meth (bap should work too but need meth for high)
-Low side & bigger high but will still be quite E limited

This thing should absolutely run from your Gen 5, they are not fast at all with bolt on's. My tuner has a gen 5 we did our TT setup on and I have a gen 4 with our TT setup. Both were turds with bolt on's and did 160 in the 1/2. Which is better than most at least. Now his does high 190's and is a stock sealed engine with motec. We went 190 stock PCM though

Sorry I trailed off, but I would do meth on it personally.

Haha, man, my Viper is currently my fastest car. I guess we have different standards at the moment (that'll change for sure). My Viper right now beats handily my Z06 (intake/xpipe) from a roll... so I'm glad to hear this will change that.

Excuse my inexperience here but whats involved with a low-side versus high side. I definitely want to overbuild if necessary. Last thing I want is to run out of fueling and go pop.

Also..lol whats an X port? I'm new here.

Old 01-29-2024, 02:25 PM
9sec
Melting Slicks

Received 726 Likes on 473 Posts

low side is adding an inline auxiliary fuel pump ie: walbro 255 system like a dsx aux fuel system. cost 100$. 3 out of 10 to install. or a twin or triple fore in tank fuel system cost 3-5k$ requires tank removal difficulty is 6-8 out of 10
high side is high pressure fuel pump and larger 30% or 65% dfi injectors. difficulty 5-7 cost approx 7k$
another way to go is a port fuel injection setup toohighpsi sells a system with ec u Crawford sells a system and sx is coming out with one. cost from 3k to 10k depending on the system. some form of aux fuel will be needed to pump up the low side.

xport is kong performance max effort port work on. the blower. ads 2 psi boost and allows the max amount of air into the motor

if you port the blower run either a upper or lower pulley go catless 5" intake aux fuel and a 103 t/b you should be able to tune close to 650 wheel . personally I would stay away from meth to unpredictable and possibility for failure isnt worth the risk.
The following users liked this post:
MoparZ06 (01-29-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 10:16 AM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

The key to the High side is the cam....

not to list every mod the car has but my current set up.

Ported stock blower, 18% under pulley, DSX Low side, Cam with 38% fuel lobe, stock HPFP, stock injectors. 824rwhp on E55. M7 car, its a hand full on the street!
Old 01-31-2024, 08:38 AM
Internets_Ninja
Safety Car

Received 1,287 Likes on 847 Posts

I've tuned plenty of these setups to make that sort of power.

X Port Supercharger (kong)
2.38 upper pulley (only 5% overdrive which helps with the low end torque on the X port)
103/107mm TB (soler)
5 inch intake (cordes or rotofab)
Headers
Flex Fuel
JMS or DSX Aux
Tune

These mods will allow you to run E30-E40 and make 700-730 rwhp (depending on the dyno). I wouldn't run a 15% lower unless you're going to spray methanol as well or go with a port setup and run E60+. Otherwise the heat will cause the power to drop quickly at the top of the first pull and then it will instantly be slower on any pull after. The X port + a 5% upper will make more boost anyhow vs a stock blower and a 15% lower.

Old 01-31-2024, 08:44 AM
atljar
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 277 Posts

No problem to make that power on E30-E40, no meth, with an Aux pump like DSX
Old 02-03-2024, 05:47 PM
MoparZ06
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Internets_Ninja
I've tuned plenty of these setups to make that sort of power.

X Port Supercharger (kong)
2.38 upper pulley (only 5% overdrive which helps with the low end torque on the X port)
103/107mm TB (soler)
5 inch intake (cordes or rotofab)
Headers
Flex Fuel
JMS or DSX Aux
Tune

These mods will allow you to run E30-E40 and make 700-730 rwhp (depending on the dyno). I wouldn't run a 15% lower unless you're going to spray methanol as well or go with a port setup and run E60+. Otherwise the heat will cause the power to drop quickly at the top of the first pull and then it will instantly be slower on any pull after. The X port + a 5% upper will make more boost anyhow vs a stock blower and a 15% lower.

Thanks for all the data.

It looks like I’m going this way . I really would like to take the car to the guys at @Cordes Performance Racing but the car being in Toronto would add $5000 in shipping to the price .

Looks like the plan is

Rotofab Big Gulp
Kong X port
NW 103
2.3” pulley
ARH 2” Catless Headers
bigger HX
ice tank
GM Aux Radiator
2017 LID+ bricks
meth kit
lowside
e30-e40(flex)

what’s everyone think? 700whp through a manual? Trap atleast 135mph? Maybe more ?

Old 02-04-2024, 09:42 AM
TJay74
Safety Car

Received 328 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparZ06
Thanks for all the data.

It looks like I’m going this way . I really would like to take the car to the guys at @Cordes Performance Racing but the car being in Toronto would add $5000 in shipping to the price .

Looks like the plan is

Rotofab Big Gulp
Kong X port
NW 103
2.3” pulley
ARH 2” Catless Headers
bigger HX
ice tank
GM Aux Radiator
2017 LID+ bricks
meth kit
lowside
e30-e40(flex)

what’s everyone think? 700whp through a manual? Trap atleast 135mph? Maybe more ?

I have a 19 C7Z A8 and all I have is a DSX ethanol kit (running E55), 2.3 upper pulley, Cordes 5" intake, Mamo V2 PTB, AWE catless x-pipe and a tune. Car ran a 10.4 at 134mph on a hot early summer day with the D/A nearing 3k'. If you are on a tire low 10's at 135+ should be within your grasp.
Old 02-04-2024, 10:45 AM
9sec
Melting Slicks

Received 726 Likes on 473 Posts

with the mod list your using your going to find out quickly the clutch will be very unhappy with hard launches. slipping it off the line results in very poor 60 ft times with kill the 1/4 mile times. I had a c6 zr1 at 717 rwhp and the clutch was angry all the time short of easy cruising. may need to factor that into your build.
Old 02-05-2024, 09:49 AM
MoparZ06
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by TJay74
I have a 19 C7Z A8 and all I have is a DSX ethanol kit (running E55), 2.3 upper pulley, Cordes 5" intake, Mamo V2 PTB, AWE catless x-pipe and a tune. Car ran a 10.4 at 134mph on a hot early summer day with the D/A nearing 3k'. If you are on a tire low 10's at 135+ should be within your grasp.

Hey brother, thats a solid time. Althought I don't think I'll be doing low 10s with a manual....even though I'm experienced and have some seat time at the drag stip - getting it out of the hole super hard on a tire will probably cook the clutch. I think the trap speeds could be there for sure though, I'm guessing mid-10s at 135....low 10s would be sweet though.

Corrie.
Old 02-05-2024, 11:12 AM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparZ06
Thanks for all the data.

Looks like the plan is

Rotofab Big Gulp
Kong X port
NW 103
2.3” pulley
ARH 2” Catless Headers
bigger HX
ice tank
GM Aux Radiator
2017 LID+ bricks
meth kit
lowside
e30-e40(flex)

Reminder send me a PM so I can quote you shipping on the headers.

Get notified of new replies

To 700whp Build - Need Advice on Fuel System!

Quick Reply: 700whp Build - Need Advice on Fuel System!