C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Price increase?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 07:22 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by WA 2 FST
Why don't you actually read what I wrote? Just like most everyone else posting here, I'm not a dealer and I don't work for GM.

What I know _right now_ is that I can go walk in and get a car below MSRP. I also know _right now_ that there are hundreds of M7s sitting on lots... these are not pre-purchased vehicles.

I didn't say I didn't think it would sell... keep putting words in my mouth. I said for an astute shopper, you can get it under MSRP. Are you a dealer? If so, are you going to sit on inventory for months waiting to sell, while you pay interest? You won't be in business too long. The A8 will be a great seller, as it is in high demand. I specifically spoke of the M7.

I would agree that it is early in the season around most of the country, and I agree the cars will sell. However, I don't think you have to pay sticker now, and I can't see on an M7 there being a price increase later, when the 2016 MY is right around the corner (you would agree that Dec 14 roll-out is technically "late" in the MY, right?).

It's all opinion, and I'll stick to mine. Asking me to pay the difference if some buyer pays more is truly ridiculous... just like the people paying $110k for these now... ridiculous. "It seems only fair?" LOL
You don't actually "know till you try' I thought that too!

Found out I paid MSRP. Right now no discounts on anything but really loaded cars. Or some one always could know a dealer. Average joe No!
110,000 is loaded car. Don't think theree is any discount off 1lz's they will sell fastest.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:11 PM
dwward
Jukebox Graduate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't be shocked by a price increase next month -- there is precedent for it -- but if I were to bet, I'd bet on the increase waiting until the 2016 MY.

And reports of "hundreds of M7s sitting on lots" is a little exaggerated LOL

Cars.com is a terrible barometer for dealer inventory because the data is not quickly or accurately updated and shows cars inventoried on floor plans even though they were sold before manufacture and are just waiting to close.

There is no question that GM underestimated A8 demand and the degree to which that would cannibalize M7 demand. Big dealers will discount on the M7, but this is still a car in high demand nationally and in many parts of the country far away from the mega dealers even M7s are holding onto msrp.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:29 AM
ZFORME
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was at dealer yesterday said price is going up. Their Z07 in Binghamton, NY was bought buy a guy in Florida right off the truck. White with red stripes and red interior. My order is almost complete.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:24 AM
TRT SR
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 102 Posts

Placing my order today for a 2015 from Les Stanford here in Michigan. Blade silver, kalahari, comp seats, carbon fiber trim, trans roof and 2LZ with nickel painted wheels. Now we wait....... Winter sucks here anyway so cant drive it until spring anyway!
Old 01-29-2015, 12:46 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by ZFORME
Was at dealer yesterday said price is going up. Their Z07 in Binghamton, NY was bought buy a guy in Florida right off the truck. White with red stripes and red interior. My order is almost complete.
Your dealer is wrong. There will not be a price increase on the 2015.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:23 PM
rob3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dwward
I wouldn't be shocked by a price increase next month -- there is precedent for it -- but if I were to bet, I'd bet on the increase waiting until the 2016 MY.

And reports of "hundreds of M7s sitting on lots" is a little exaggerated LOL

Cars.com is a terrible barometer for dealer inventory because the data is not quickly or accurately updated and shows cars inventoried on floor plans even though they were sold before manufacture and are just waiting to close.

There is no question that GM underestimated A8 demand and the degree to which that would cannibalize M7 demand. Big dealers will discount on the M7, but this is still a car in high demand nationally and in many parts of the country far away from the mega dealers even M7s are holding onto msrp.
Ditto. All good points. Also, even a few hundred cars on dealer lots is not a glut of cars. There are over 3,000 Chevy dealerships in the Country. So, even the statement were true, it would work out to saying about 1 in every 10 dealers has a (singular) car on their lot. If you have to go 10 dealers before you can find a single car, that's hardly a sign that they are overstocked. And you are correct, that even if you could save a couple thousand $$$ from a mega-dealer, if you're on the west coast, the shipping costs offsets your discount.

Quick Reply: Price increase?