C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Ask Tadge Forum Up - Little C7 Participation

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:21 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default Ask Tadge Forum Up - Little C7 Participation

Hey gang -

A couple of weeks ago, Corvette Forum and I worked to bring a new section called Ask Tadge. The idea behind the forum is to generate questions and discussions that will be forwarded to Corvette's VLE: Tadge Juechter for his answer. The description, rules, guidelines, and processes are all laid out in the aforementioned forum.

What I'm seeing is very little in the way of C7 participation. Either base coupe/vert or Z06 (I'm going to cross-post this to both sections).

Come on into the forum and ask some techie engineering-style questions, and if enough interest is generated in them, they'll be added to a poll at the end of the week. The question that wins the poll will be emailed directly to Tadge and his response will be posted.

Reply here or PM me if you have any questions.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:45 PM
92C4M6
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm sure this weeks topic will be about the nismo getting a victory over our beloved.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:32 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

"Ask Tadge" is a great idea . I think it got off to a bad start because of the way questions were to be posted. It would have seemed logical to have everybody ask their questions within the original "Ask Tadge" announcement thread. But instead it seemed like people were expected to post separate threads for their questions and it was harder to tell if they were questions for Tadge.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:51 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by ZL-1
But instead it seemed like people were expected to post separate threads for their questions and it was harder to tell if they were questions for Tadge.
That's actually exactly what folks are supposed to do: either start a new thread with their question, or search for a similar thread and "+1" or "I like this!" it.

The idea is that we only have allotment for 1 question per week. Every week. So we had to figure out a democratic way to determine which question would be sent to him. That's the best we could come up with so far.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:03 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

I posted a car overheating oil temps question. Please everyone go give it a vote. I along with all the other track rats need some answers on this issue before summer arrives and we get shut down after traveling and paying track fees. I for one would like to know what we need to be on the lookout for. What will over heat first? Trans, engine oil, or rear axel. Or even in my case most likely me.

I need your vote please go over and help us out
Old 02-03-2015, 02:53 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by lawdogg149
I posted a car overheating oil temps question. Please everyone go give it a vote. I along with all the other track rats need some answers on this issue before summer arrives and we get shut down after traveling and paying track fees. I for one would like to know what we need to be on the lookout for. What will over heat first? Trans, engine oil, or rear axel. Or even in my case most likely me.

GM PLEASE CHANGE THE TUNE BEFORE MY CAR IS MADE NEXT MONTH HURRY! REDUCE THE NANNIES!
Old 02-03-2015, 11:20 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

done, and it is an excellent question !
Old 02-04-2015, 08:40 AM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Can you ask him why GM doesn't offer black lug nuts as an option??? Also would like to know why they couldn't offer a CD player as an option for us old guys. Back to the lug nuts. If you get black wheels the stainless steel lug nuts look so way out of place.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot77
Can you ask him why GM doesn't offer black lug nuts as an option??? Also would like to know why they couldn't offer a CD player as an option for us old guys. Back to the lug nuts. If you get black wheels the stainless steel lug nuts look so way out of place.
I'm sure when 8-track tape players stopped being installed in cars some people were unhappy that their large collection of tapes could not be used in the car anymore. Same when cassette tapes were no longer an option.

Modern media -- USB sticks and SD cards -- have such an enormous advantage over CDs that it makes zero sense to waste all the space required by a CD player at this point. Thank goodness Chevrolet did not stick one in there.

The fact that you still want to cart around a stack of fragile and unwieldy CDs means you most likely haven't made much use of USBs and SD cards. It is so easy to convert all your library of CDs onto a single stick. Best to learn about that and start enjoying how easy it is, rather than wistfully hoping Tadge will do what he would never do: go backwards. You might as well tell him you want round tail lights or popup headlights.

No disrespect, just tough love!
Old 02-04-2015, 09:58 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by Speednet
The fact that you still want to cart around a stack of fragile and unwieldy CDs means you most likely haven't made much use of USBs and SD cards. It is so easy to convert all your library of CDs onto a single stick.
Or if he absolutely doesn't want to take the time to do that: buy a USB-powered portable CD player and connect it to one of the USB ports in the car.

The CD player is gone in the Corvette and it's not coming back. Folks just have to deal with it and move on.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:01 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

You got it.

Get notified of new replies

To Ask Tadge Forum Up - Little C7 Participation

Quick Reply: Ask Tadge Forum Up - Little C7 Participation