C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

NEW VIDEO : 2015 C7 Z06 Battles GTR Nismo For SUPREMACY.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
Post pics Alex, I never seen your ZR1!
Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever actually posted pictures Massive photo dump incoming.

And for all the C7 crowd:

Old 02-05-2015, 01:21 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

[QUOTE=Crabbers;1588891220]Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever actually posted pictures Massive photo dump incoming.

I see we have similar taste !! It's beautiful yet badass. Very cool!! Whatever you are doing at 24 to be able to afford that KEEP DOING IT and good job
Old 02-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

I see we have similar taste !! It's beautiful yet badass. Very cool!! Whatever you are doing at 24 to be able to afford that KEEP DOING IT and good job
I'm glad you didn't quote the whole post, that could have turned out poorly

Thank you sir I debated on whether or not I wanted to tint the windows, but I thought it would have been too much black if I did so. I've gone back and forth on mods as well, but as of now I think I want to leave it stock (aside from a M2W switch that's on it).
Old 02-05-2015, 01:33 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Crabbers

Thank you sir I debated on whether or not I wanted to tint the windows, but I thought it would have been too much black if I did so. I've gone back and forth on mods as well, but as of now I think I want to leave it stock (aside from a M2W switch that's on it).
I hate when people quote 8 thousand pics lmao Yea it is very nice!! I love it. Im leaving mine stock expect for a diablo tune to get rid of AFM and an AFE intake. It's fast enough to get my license taken away so it's fast enough for me
Old 02-05-2015, 02:08 PM
JonathonK
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Godzilla (Nissan GT-R) vs. Corvette Z06 - The Video

A few days ago, we shared with you how Motor Trend dropped a bomb on everyone by announcing the GT-R Nismo beat out the new Corvette Z06 in their track test. Now they've got the video showing you how it happened.

Read the rest on the Corvette Forum homepage. >>
Old 02-05-2015, 03:44 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Beautiful ZR1.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Beautiful ZR1.
Thanks
She deserves better though. I went on vacation and forgot to unhook the battery or plug it in. By the time I got back and then remembered, the battery died and as a result I need to replace the battery and reset the tire pressure sensors as the left rear is reading 0psi

Disgraceful I know.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:50 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Thanks
She deserves better though. I went on vacation and forgot to unhook the battery or plug it in. By the time I got back and then remembered, the battery died and as a result I need to replace the battery and reset the tire pressure sensors as the left rear is reading 0psi

Disgraceful I know.
Well you're only like 14 years old right??? What do you expect
Old 02-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Jooyoung99
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,

1:27 at WSIR is an amazing time. I've driven on this track hundreds of times in the past 10 years. Given any track day out of 100 cars, there maybe 1 or 2 well setup modified cars that will break the 1:30 barrier. I guarantee you 99% of the Z06 & GTR Nismo owners won't be able to break into 1:30.

Second, this is not a very technical track. And there is only 1 hard braking zone. Z06 will out break pretty much any production car including the Nismo by a significant margin. More technical track that requires more braking, Z06 will take down the GTR.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Well you're only like 14 years old right??? What do you expect

Yeah, I deserved it for sure. Don't tell my mom though
Old 02-05-2015, 04:01 PM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jooyoung99
Guys,

I guarantee you 99% of the Z06 & GTR Nismo owners won't be able to break into 1:30.
that is true and brings up an interesting point about these 2 cars. reacting to these results is just bench racing and cheering on your fav car which is all well and fun.. but lets take all the average yellow group intermediate track day guys on here put them in both cars and see who gets closer to the 1:30.. it wouldnt even be close and that says a lot about the differences between these cars.

I know the reply I will get on that from most is oh maybe so but the Z06 is just so much more challenging and rewarding and the GTR is boring. To that I will say if you think fighting with a car vs simply point and shoot is rewarding then power to everyone and no car is boring at 140-150mph

Last edited by M_C7; 02-05-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:16 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Ah, the good old days without Randy there!

The 2014 Nissan GT-R doesn't lose this one because it's not $47,020 better than the Corvette. It loses because it's not better than the Corvette, period.

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/cor...son-test1.html

Before this at Laguna Seca Randy tested PTM off with the Porsche 911S AWD/AWS and he complained about the Vette. Dah, the Porsche still had AWD/AWS. And he used to be a Porsche manufacture driver:

http://www.randypobst.com/index.cfm?template=biography

Randy was a few off at Road America too! This one test means nothing!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 02-05-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Callsign_Vega
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Edmunds is a worthless reference.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:23 PM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
The 2014 Nissan GT-R doesn't lose this one because it's not $47,020 better than the Corvette. It loses because it's not better than the Corvette, period.

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/cor...son-test1.html

Before this at Laguna Seca Randy tested PTM off with the Porsche 911S AWD/AWS and he complained about the Vette. Dah, the Porsche still had AWD/AWS. And he used to be a Porsche manufacture driver:

http://www.randypobst.com/index.cfm?template=biography

Randy was a few off at Road America too! This one test means nothing!

Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega
Edmunds is a worthless reference.

just so you know that EXACT same red track edition from the edmunds review set the all time streets of willow track record 1:19.5 ( same track as the edmunds review 1:25.xx) when pobst drove it. that record was just recently broken by the NISMO.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:31 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default Anyway!

Originally Posted by M_C7
just so you know that EXACT same red track edition from the edmunds review set the all time streets of willow track record 1:19.5 ( same track as the edmunds review 1:25.xx) when pobst drove it. that record was just recently broken by the NISMO.
It is good there is their best GTR to benchmark now. The first year guys are just going to have to miss out on that rebuttal!
Old 02-05-2015, 05:42 PM
BoilerAnimal
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did anyone notice the "wine" from the supercharger at full throttle. My Z06 does not have that sound. I love the way mine sounds but I am missing the "wine".
Old 02-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

I hate when people quote 8 thousand pics lmao

And for all the C7 crowd:

Get notified of new replies

To NEW VIDEO : 2015 C7 Z06 Battles GTR Nismo For SUPREMACY.....

Old 02-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Boba Fett

Old 02-05-2015, 07:52 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default Just Wait!

Nissan GT-R Nismo 1:35.51 136 '15 599 / 1720 Randy Pobst

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 02-05-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:32 AM
Rtmoore4
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

What I want to know is, what happened in turn 9? Look at the data speed chart they posted. The Vette brakes WAY earlier for Turn 9 than the Nismo and then carries a slower speed through the turn than the Nismo. Completely inconsistent with any other turn comparison between the two cars. It looks like something different happened there, but they do a camera cut in the video right at that turn so I can't tell what happened. Did Randy miss a shift, just brake too early, or maybe was just afraid of it a little bit because the tail was loose on him the whole time. He said numerous times how the Nismo was just more "confidence inspiring", maybe he just backed off of the Vette a little more there than he could have.

What is really weird about this is basically every other review of the Z06 has said that the car is like magic around corners. That with the downforce, it carries speed through corners it shouldn't be able to. And yet here we have Randy saying it is loose, hard to drive fast, and not confidence inspiring. I am thinking they either had the wrong track mode on the car set, bad alignment, or heck ANY number of issues that could have caused the car not to behave like every other review I have seen.

Now if the car did in fact carry more speed through every corner, and then got out accelerated in the straights, I would say this test seems valid. But that isn't what happened. According to the chart they posted, the Nismo out cornered the Vette on the entire back half of the track, but most dramatically at Turn 9. Something about that doesn't seem right to me.

Quick Reply: NEW VIDEO : 2015 C7 Z06 Battles GTR Nismo For SUPREMACY.....