C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Voice Recognition Unavailable & Stereo Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Utah Corvette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voice Recognition Unavailable & Stereo Problems

I'm about a week into owning my C7 Z06. For the most part it's been fantastic. I have had such bad luck with cars that I was really hoping this time would be quirk free. But I guess it was not to be... I think I have stereo gremlins. I have an iPhone 6 Plus plugged in via a USB cable.

1. Voice recognition not working

Up until yesterday I could use voice recognition to select songs from the iPhone with no trouble ("Play song..."). Yesterday it just stopped working and I'm not sure what changed (if anything). Sometimes the voice recognition icon is grayed out and if I press it this screen comes up:

Sometimes the voice recognition icon is not grayed out but it still won't work. I activate it and I am prompted for a command. I say "Play song" and the song name. The prompt asks me to say a song name. I repeat "Play song" and the name. The voice prompt then repeats "Pardon" until it gives up (after a few tries) and exits.

I have tried resetting the car.
I have tried resetting my iPhone.
If I use a different command (i.e. the radio) it works find so it's not a microphone issue.
If I use another iPhone or iPod voice recognition seems to work fine.

2. Letter scroll bar is missing

I was just going to live with it until the stereo pulled my ability to browse songs / artists (or anything) by letter name. At first I thought I was crazy when the bar was missing. Had I imagined it? The bar is not present in any category.

I plugged my wife's phone in and sure enough there was a browse by letter bar (however, after switching phones back and fourth a few times the bar disappeared when using her phone as well).

3. Songs stop & skip

Periodically when changing to a new song (via the headunit, steering wheel controls or the actual iPhone) the stereo seems to hang. The next song won't start playing on its own. I have to press the "play/pause" button a few times to get it going (sometimes I have to unplug the iPhone and plug it back in). Occasionally when switching to a new song nothing will play and then it will skip to the next song, and then after a few seconds it will skip to the next song and so on until I press something.

I suppose one could make the case that my car is rebelling against my music... But other than that is there some setting I've messed with somewhere? Anyone else with a 6 Plus having issue (I may be willing to chalk this issue up to a possessed phone)?If I figure out anything I will update this post.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Cam

Last edited by Utah Corvette; 02-06-2015 at 02:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Voice Recognition Unavailable & Stereo Problems