C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 Ahead of the Ferrari 458 by a Nose

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 04:59 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Both are looking good, but ++ to the F458 for width and stance, ++ to the Z for raw looks and contrast.

(Still not warming up to the Z lower front fascia, hood lines, or interior). The rest looks downright wicked!!
Old 02-28-2015, 06:08 PM
GenerationX1
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4VFTW
no you wouldn't
Yes I fuggin would!!!

If it was a Laferrari then yes!!!
Old 02-28-2015, 06:23 PM
GenerationX1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
The dumbest thing ive read in this whole thread was your comment, I bet you haven't even sat in a 458, corvette over 458

BTW, Ive lost count on how many figure/bikini models ive been with, some two at a time from 98- now , much like the 458, things you can only dream about, but will never even be able to take for a test drive, the old fart in the picture probably represents your age demographic, so if I were you , I would try to get a test drive in the 458, because you wont have the other option.

STFU douche bag!!! Really??? Seriously?? You call me out out on my post and start crap like your some billy bad azz.... been with this and that crap??

You need to go stand in front of a mirror look in it while you pull your big girl panties up and ask yourself why you are a douche.

I would bet $100 fuggin dollars you wouldn't say that crap to my face to face. I can promise you that!!!

You tuff guys that are keyboard warriors seem to amaze me.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:54 PM
4VFTW
Instructor

Received 94 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by GenerationX1

STFU douche bag!!! Really??? Seriously?? You call me out out on my post and start crap like your some billy bad azz.... been with this and that crap??

You need to go stand in front of a mirror look in it while you pull your big girl panties up and ask yourself why you are a douche.

I would bet $100 fuggin dollars you wouldn't say that crap to my face to face. I can promise you that!!!

You tuff guys that are keyboard warriors seem to amaze me.
Alert, Alert, Someone is about to threaten to kick someones *** on the interweb
Old 02-28-2015, 06:58 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

A front engine long curvy hood sports car will always look better than a giant windshield with a trunk in front of it. That's why I'm hoping this Zora doesn't go there.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:31 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Goes hand in hand, with the guy he quoted confusing his rosy palms fantasies for reality doesn't it?
Old 03-01-2015, 12:51 AM
GenerationX1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MavsAK
Goes hand in hand, with the guy he quoted confusing his rosy palms fantasies for reality doesn't it?
Now that's some funny stuff!!
Old 03-01-2015, 01:00 AM
GenerationX1
Burning Brakes

Old 03-01-2015, 05:22 AM
CH C5
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

The 458 has a seven-year Ferrari Genuine Maintenance program - as in free

Originally Posted by cmicasa
Not so far fetched as U think. some of us could easily buy a Ferrari with not a second look at the bank book, but I personally wouldn't take one over my Z51 let alone a Z06 except if the Ferrari was given to me. That way I'd drive it a few times and then sell it for about $200K and buy a Z06 or Z51, banking the balance.

Most FErraris are horrible in terms of maintenance and are a headache. They certainly garner attention, but they are like blown glass fragile
Old 03-01-2015, 10:21 AM
Hypermac954
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmicasa
Not so far fetched as U think. some of us could easily buy a Ferrari with not a second look at the bank book, but I personally wouldn't take one over my Z51 let alone a Z06 except if the Ferrari was given to me. That way I'd drive it a few times and then sell it for about $200K and buy a Z06 or Z51, banking the balance.

Most FErraris are horrible in terms of maintenance and are a headache. They certainly garner attention, but they are like blown glass fragile
Alas, much like Vettes, Ferraris earned a certain reputation over the years that has changed in the last decade. The 458 is the single most reliable car I've ever owned, and the quality is top notch. Even better than my Porsches. And 7 year maintenance is included on all new Ferraris now, so that part of your argument is out the window as well.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Hypermac954
Advanced

Pretty sure they do.
Which is why you never see them on a track.
I'll just leave this here...
Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2015, 12:08 PM
zo6 08
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict
Your name includes the word "mustang".

The defense rests.
Lmfao!!
Old 03-01-2015, 12:15 PM
MyBeaches
Pro

458 is being replaced this year by the 488. I love Vettes, but you can't compare to the new Ferrari's.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:15 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the vette , but c'mon guys..some of you are blind nut hugging brand name loyals. The italia is straight up bad ***..it's beautiful and it performs like a animal.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:21 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 04_Z06_CE
Love the vette , but c'mon guys..some of you are blind nut hugging brand name loyals. The italia is straight up bad ***..it's beautiful and it performs like a animal.
An animal that gets put down by the outgoing ZR1 and Z06s.
And an animal that isn't nearly as beautiful or jaw dropping as a Lamborghini for the same prices.

An Animal that comes with the most douche bagged attitude automotive company ever behind it that pretty much states that 350,000+ dollar car is just a Rental.

There's only one good car company that comes from Italy, and their emblem isn't a prancing horse...but a muscular raging bull.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:53 PM
MyBeaches
Pro

Old 03-01-2015, 01:02 PM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,684 Likes on 1,862 Posts

I wouldn't think twice, I would take the 458 (or new 488) over any Corvette in a split second! To me, it's not all about horsepower or top speed. Of course the Z06 is faster, but that's not what turns me on. The C7 Corvette may be beautiful, but the 458/488 (I feel) is a whole step above.

And for those that would take a Z06 over the 458/488, that's fine with me. Everyone has an opinion, that's what makes the world intersting!

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Ahead of the Ferrari 458 by a Nose

Old 03-01-2015, 03:48 PM
mesospeedy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An animal that gets put down by the outgoing ZR1 and Z06s.
And an animal that isn't nearly as beautiful or jaw dropping as a Lamborghini for the same prices.

An Animal that comes with the most douche bagged attitude automotive company ever behind it that pretty much states that 350,000+ dollar car is just a Rental.

There's only one good car company that comes from Italy, and their emblem isn't a prancing horse...but a muscular raging bull.
I won't argue that the Lambo for similar money is a cooler/better car, but it's still subjective.

Where do you get this "rental" thing? Last I heard the only Ferraris you bought but couldn't actually own were the FXX and other limited HyperCar $1million stuff. I'm not arguing, just curious where you got the info that all Ferrari purchases are like that, as I've never heard anything like that. Maybe I'll ask my buddy at the Ferrari/Maserati dealer for some input.

On the last line...I'd argue that Pagani, other than being all around 7 figures is the ultimate Italian, but that's just me!
Old 03-01-2015, 04:21 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mesospeedy
I won't argue that the Lambo for similar money is a cooler/better car, but it's still subjective.

Where do you get this "rental" thing? Last I heard the only Ferraris you bought but couldn't actually own were the FXX and other limited HyperCar $1million stuff. I'm not arguing, just curious where you got the info that all Ferrari purchases are like that, as I've never heard anything like that. Maybe I'll ask my buddy at the Ferrari/Maserati dealer for some input.

On the last line...I'd argue that Pagani, other than being all around 7 figures is the ultimate Italian, but that's just me!
http://mashable.com/2014/08/30/ferra...se-and-desist/ just one of a few examples, of Ferrari's attitude with Customer Cars.

It's either your car, or it isn't.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:25 PM
mesospeedy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yet another reason to hate Facebook, Twitter, etc. Too many people know your business, haha. I find it hard to believe that Ferrari could actually make that hold up unless you sign some sort of agreement/contract stating you won't customize the car upon purchase. If it were me, I'd spend every last penny fighting that sh*+, of course I'd never decorate a Ferrari quite as hideously as he did, haha. I do have much less respect for Ferrari than I used to, mainly due to the drama they cause when magazines, TV shows, etc want to test their cars against other makes. But I still love the cars. A 512BB is definitely on my list of dream cars, as is an F12.

Quick Reply: Z06 Ahead of the Ferrari 458 by a Nose