C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 Ahead of the Ferrari 458 by a Nose

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 05:45 PM
harlold
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MavsAK
What's crazy?
It's slower than the C6 Zo6.
It's slower than a C6 ZR1
It's slower than a C7 ZO6
It doesn't look as cool as virtually ANY lamborghini.
Ferrari are owned by douchebags, and it's well documented. One of the latest douche moves... http://mashable.com/2014/08/30/ferra...se-and-desist/ Hell they won't even ship out cars to the magazines anytime there's a Comparo vs another performance vehicle. Why? Because they get their happy *** beat, constantly and don't like the black eyes.

To say nothing of the acquisition process, and the fact that Ferrari builds cars that have an infamously bad glass jaw.

And let's be honest. Ferrari has not now, nor will they ever make something as cool as the Aventador.

Or, as cool as the Diablo either

Now, would I take a Lamborghini over a C7? In a heart beat if I could. But a Ferrari? Not just no, but Hell No. Sorry, when I buy a car.. I am the owner. Not some jackass in Marenello. I'm not going to shell out that kind of money for a glorified Rental.
And the stigma with Corvettes are they are owned by geriatric retired plumbers

So, yeah stigmas
Old 03-01-2015, 05:51 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Hypermac954
And 7 year maintenance is included on all new Ferraris now, so that part of your argument is out the window as well.
THIS.

And an animal that isn't nearly as beautiful or jaw dropping as a Lamborghini for the same prices.
There's only one good car company that comes from Italy, and their emblem isn't a prancing horse...but a muscular raging bull.
You have a right to your opinion.

An Animal that comes with the most douche bagged attitude automotive company ever behind it that pretty much states that 350,000+ dollar car is just a Rental.
"Pretty much states" was not a statement from Ferrari, but from you...right?

http://mashable.com/2014/08/30/ferra...se-and-desist/ just one of a few examples, of Ferrari's attitude with Customer Cars.
I read your link.
Just so you know, Ferrari has trademarks on the use of their name (Purrari?) and logos.
Kinda the way business works...
Old 03-01-2015, 06:32 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
THIS.

You have a right to your opinion.

"Pretty much states" was not a statement from Ferrari, but from you...right?

I read your link.
Just so you know, Ferrari has trademarks on the use of their name (Purrari?) and logos.
Kinda the way business works...
Except it had nothing to do with that. It had everything to do with the nyan cat's vinyl wrap. That wouldn't have happened if it were a Lamborghini, or virtually any other automaker for that matter. To give you an idea what kind of contrast we're talking. Ford actually lost the right to the GT40 nameplate. Rather than fight superformance over it, they let superformance keep it. And Ford could have buried Superformance in legal costs, easily. That's partly why the GT doesn't have "40" at the end of it's name.
Hell when you buy a Superformance GT40, it's essentially a modernized GT40. Looks, dimensions the works.

Ferrari are a bunch of primadonnas and it's pretty well known at this point. Look at the hassles involved in getting Ferrari's to show up to events in magazines. The mags have to go through private owners most of the time, and even then Ferrari has repeatedly threatened exclusion from future magazine articles to various rags, including C&D, Jalopnik, and M/T.

To say nothing of their history in the leman series, particularly after Ford black eyed them.

The reason the Ford GT40 went DOWN in cubes? Because Ferrari bitched and threatened to leave.

It even popped up again, in the SCCA Showroom stock 20 years later...when the C4s were so dominant that Ferrari, Porsche, among others threatened to pull out unless the C4 got banned from the races, because 8 of the top 10 cars for Years Straight, were C4s.

Ferrari can't buy a win in ALMS and ran right out of GT2 once Corvette went in.

Like I said, they're owned by douchebags.

Last edited by MavsAK; 03-01-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Gotta love how a thread posting a cool picture devolves into what it is now

Originally Posted by MyBeaches
Who ran those tests? Just go to the ZR1 fast list and you'll see way faster then 11.4 on completely stock cars, same as you'll see faster than 11.2 on the new Z06.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Crabbers

Who ran those tests? Just go to the ZR1 fast list and you'll see way faster then 11.4 on completely stock cars, same as you'll see faster than 11.2 on the new Z06.
132.5 from Italia vs 129.7 from the ZR1? That is not at all fishy.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:25 AM
docf
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Can't agree with you more! As I said prior post I recently bought a ZO6 A8 and enjoy it! Have owned 5 Ferrari cars in the past and currently own one which i have no intentions of giving up! Where these people get off with calling it fragile, or glass jawed is just baloney. It is a great car, but is an expensive car. Too many owners unfortunately use theirs as garage queens, but that is ok if that is what they want to do. Too many here have negativity of most marques, many of their own marque. I have never seen so many negative posts regarding Porsche,Ferrari etc. Says 2 things to me,1. wantabes 2.are not true car guys!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:31 PM
G352C6
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

It’s nice that we can buy such a bad *** new car with full warranty for the price. However, this doesn’t take away from how special the Ferrari is. If I was filthy rich, I would definitely take the Ferrari or Lambo over the Z06. Yes, the 458 looks bland on the picture, but the right color combo will make a world of difference. The 488 is an awesome looking ride. I didn’t know they’re replacing the 458 so soon, seems like it hasn’t been around for too long unlike the long life cycle io the 430 and 360.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Hypermac954
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G352C6
It’s nice that we can buy such a bad *** new car with full warranty for the price. However, this doesn’t take away from how special the Ferrari is. If I was filthy rich, I would definitely take the Ferrari or Lambo over the Z06. Yes, the 458 looks bland on the picture, but the right color combo will make a world of difference. The 488 is an awesome looking ride. I didn’t know they’re replacing the 458 so soon, seems like it hasn’t been around for too long unlike the long life cycle io the 430 and 360.
458 was unveiled in 2009 - a 5-6 year product cycle is standard for Ferrari. The 430 was 2004-2009, and 360 was 1999 (maybe 1998)-2004.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:09 PM
kverges
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Serious devolution in this thread. Everyone can have their opinion and here's one:

If you hate Ferrari with the seething venom spewed by the person above, you just aren't a real car guy, you are a bitter person who secretly wishes he had the means to own a Ferrari, but instead denigrates the car.

I personally won't own a new Ferrari, either, but you have to respect the beauty, the amazing power of the brand, and more importantly the fellow enthusiast who has one.

One final question to the Ferrari-basher. If someone were to make fun of or belittle your wife, mother or someone or something you hold very dear and that you have always worked hard to protect or build, wouldn't you ferociously protect it?
Old 03-02-2015, 04:41 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by rob62
On looks alone, The vette embarrasses that import. I know, subjective.
Very subjective..lmmfao
Old 03-02-2015, 04:41 PM
Zerski
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Man, a lot of members here suffer from an intense inferiority complex. This guy posts a nice pic of two badass cars and people on here have to insult the Ferrari or make desperate comments about why the Corvette is superior.

Who cares? It really reflects poorly on this forum and its members - and Corvette owners why they are stereotyped for having little dick syndrome!

Yikes.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Zerski
Pro

Also, please guys, don't waste your time responding to MavsAK. This is the guy that was bashing on the LaFerrari and saying that a C7Z would equal or beat it on a track. Delusional and obsessed with trashing Ferrari every chance he gets. Check it out:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1588335208

Yo Mavs, was Ferrari so bad in GT2 last year that they won the 24 Hours of LeMans? Guy is a riot.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:53 PM
kverges
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerski
Man, a lot of members here suffer from an intense inferiority complex. This guy posts a nice pic of two badass cars and people on here have to insult the Ferrari or make desperate comments about why the Corvette is superior.

Who cares? It really reflects poorly on this forum and its members - and Corvette owners why they are stereotyped for having little dick syndrome!

Yikes.
Hear! Hear! I do think most of us are car enthusiasts and like 'em all, with personal preferences and some good-spirited smack-talk for one brand or another.

What's funny is in the Ferrari forum I visit, you won't see very much bad-mouthing of the Corvette; if anything many Ferrari owners have one or had one and respect them immensely, especially the modern cars that are so competent and well built.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Zerski
Pro

Originally Posted by kverges
Hear! Hear! I do think most of us are car enthusiasts and like 'em all, with personal preferences and some good-spirited smack-talk for one brand or another.

What's funny is in the Ferrari forum I visit, you won't see very much bad-mouthing of the Corvette; if anything many Ferrari owners have one or had one and respect them immensely, especially the modern cars that are so competent and well built.
Exactly, and you want to know why that is? They have the means to afford both and don't suffer from an inferiority complex.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:51 PM
sting ya
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rob62
On looks alone, The vette embarrasses that import. I know, subjective.
WOW - id hate to see what you chose as a partner but i think i have an idea of your taste
Old 03-02-2015, 08:06 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Got to add the Special!

Originally Posted by docf
The 458 is one beautiful, handling car you can't take that away from it. Unfortunately very expensive and potentially very expensive to maintain if things go South. I chose the Z06 A8 as it is more value for the money, and has no apologies for looks or performance. Being a car guy I make it a point not to be critical of the other great marques as they all contribute to our future cars. If there was no improvements in Hp.,handling, looks,fit and finish we would all be excited about the new fender,the new tire tech. on the 2016 model T Ford! Both are Great Exceptional Cars!
That 458 ended up quite well!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:16 PM
harlold
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Same test same day, not that hard to understand.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Ahead of the Ferrari 458 by a Nose

Old 03-02-2015, 11:37 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerski
Also, please guys, don't waste your time responding to MavsAK. This is the guy that was bashing on the LaFerrari and saying that a C7Z would equal or beat it on a track. Delusional and obsessed with trashing Ferrari every chance he gets. Check it out:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1588335208

Yo Mavs, was Ferrari so bad in GT2 last year that they won the 24 Hours of LeMans? Guy is a riot.
Did they win the championship? No? Still an embarrassment then. Ferrari wasn't even in contention for the title they were so far behind.

It's entirely possible. Has the LaFerrari gotten anywhere close to the 918...anywhere? No? LaFerrari hasn't even hit the same tracks as the 918 yet over here even...there's a reason for that.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:55 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

Two gorgeous, fine automobiles!!
Old 03-03-2015, 09:37 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by harlold
Same test same day, not that hard to understand.

Same test, same day. You'll note that the 458 ran an 11.5 vs a C6 Z06 12.3. Both of those are hilarious. Just because you read something online doesn't make it true.

Quick Reply: Z06 Ahead of the Ferrari 458 by a Nose