C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Dealer said that they will not hold my car just with deposit

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 08:21 PM
TofuAutoTrend
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer said that they will not hold my car just with deposit

Hello everyone, I have a problem. I live in Atlanta and want to buy a z06 from Miami, and the car was just built few days ago. The car was ordered by the dealership. The dealer told me to put down $5000 non-refundable deposit, and I did it. However, today he told me that they will not hold the z06 just with deposit and require me to pay the balance as soon as possible. Is it right?
Old 02-27-2015, 08:24 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

What the? Which dealer? Lorenzo... B??
Old 02-27-2015, 08:26 PM
TofuAutoTrend
Intermediate

Originally Posted by C7_Z06
What the? Which dealer? Lorenzo... B??
Yes, it's Lorenzo Bomnin Chevrolet.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:27 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Non-refundable? And you agreed to that? That can't mean that if they sell it to someone else, you lose your deposit.

I guess they're really asking, when are you going to "close the sale" on the car? They want to sell, you want to buy---the only question is when? When will you pay them the rest? Sounds like you're a bit iffy. And if not, why can't you go there tomorrow, or the next day?
Old 02-27-2015, 08:30 PM
RealliveMD
Advanced

They can't sale your car within a reasonable time for you to close and still keep your money. Don't worry though, you have time. My car has been built 21 days. Still hasn't shipped. That's probably the salesman. Just ask for the gm.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:31 PM
jdurhan
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 87 Likes on 37 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I can't see any dealer asking you to complete the sale before you see the car,
Something smells rotten here...... Just saying
Old 02-27-2015, 08:35 PM
TofuAutoTrend
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AORoads
Non-refundable? And you agreed to that? That can't mean that if they sell it to someone else, you lose your deposit.

I guess they're really asking, when are you going to "close the sale" on the car? They want to sell, you want to buy---the only question is when? When will you pay them the rest? Sounds like you're a bit iffy. And if not, why can't you go there tomorrow, or the next day?
Yes, I have paid them the deposit because I am ready to buy this car. I intend to pay them the balance when the car has been delivered to their dealership. I am concerned about this, so I am planning to fly to Miami to pick up it.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:44 PM
TofuAutoTrend
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RealliveMD
They can't sale your car within a reasonable time for you to close and still keep your money. Don't worry though, you have time. My car has been built 21 days. Still hasn't shipped. That's probably the salesman. Just ask for the gm.
It's #3700, so it should have been built this week. I was just astonished about what he told me.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:49 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

oh! Still to be delivered to the dealer. Now, I understand that this is not a car you ordered from this dealer---they ordered it for their inventory. It seems what they are saying is, if someone else comes in the door tomorrow, this person can buy the car. Or two weeks from now (or whenever they walk in their showroom).

So, what they seem to be saying is your deposit means nothing, or very little. Now that the car is built, they consider it to be "real" enough that they will sell it----to anyone---with or without a deposit. You can pay for it now, or very soon, or if someone wants to buy it, they can.

Wow, what a way to run a dealership. I know you want this car, but that is not a dealer I'd want to buy anything from at all.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:52 PM
harlold
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

tell them to refund you your deposit and find a non-******* dealer.
The following 2 users liked this post by harlold:
Hemi Dave (03-19-2016), phantasms (03-20-2016)
Old 02-27-2015, 08:54 PM
TofuAutoTrend
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AORoads
oh! Still to be delivered to the dealer. Now, I understand that this is not a car you ordered from this dealer---they ordered it for their inventory. It seems what they are saying is, if someone else comes in the door tomorrow, this person can buy the car. Or two weeks from now (or whenever they walk in their showroom).

So, what they seem to be saying is your deposit means nothing, or very little. Now that the car is built, they consider it to be "real" enough that they will sell it----to anyone---with or without a deposit. You can pay for it now, or very soon, or if someone wants to buy it, they can.

Wow, what a way to run a dealership. I know you want this car, but that is not a dealer I'd want to buy anything from at all.
Let us make a hypo. If he sells the car for someone else tomorrow, can I get back my "non-refundable" deposit?
Old 02-27-2015, 08:55 PM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

So what exactly is the point of the deposit if not to hold the car till you get there and check it out, and close the deal? I'd find a new dealer.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:58 PM
TofuAutoTrend
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
So what exactly is the point of the deposit if not to hold the car till you get there and check it out, and close the deal? I'd find a new dealer.
Yes, that's really ridiculous. I search this car from cars.com. My wife likes red red + A8, and I likes driving it on the track, so that's why I choose this one.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:02 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by TofuAutoTrend
Yes, it's Lorenzo Bomnin Chevrolet.
Figured. Too many neg stories. You're not the only one who's been "had".... 'nuff said.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:24 PM
v jet
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Read the Ferrari forums; it happens all the time. They sell to the richest who trample over the deposit/finance route that most of us take.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:30 PM
famous1
Racer

Let us make a hypo. If he sells the car for someone else tomorrow, can I get back my "non-refundable" deposit?
Of course you can. I would tell them to keep you appraised as to when the car will arrive, at which time you will also arrive to exchange the rest of your money for the car. If they sell it, they owe you your deposit and perhaps more. That deposit works both ways.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:34 PM
pbarrows
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I am not totally sure of the laws in FL but I am in Texas and usually FL is a lot more on the buyers side than the dealers. Do you have something signed from the dealer that stipulates the terms of your deposit? If so, read it and see what it says about the dealers responsibility. I can say in TX that if you buy a car and actually pay for it in full but you don't actually drive it off the lot they can't make you take it. In addition, you can't keep someones money if you don't sell them something period. The only thing that a dealer can do is if you lie on your paperwork and end up not getting financing and you drove the car they can charge you for miles and use and take it out of your deposit, but they can just keep it. I would also call the AG in FL. and see what the laws are or research not the net. Sorry you are dealing with a dealer like that.

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer said that they will not hold my car just with deposit

Old 02-27-2015, 09:38 PM
U8 DU5T
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I know someone that was getting dick around by this dealer just recently. They pretty much had him by the ***** because of a $3K non refundable deposit. In the end it worked out for him but he had to go speak with the sales manager and go ballistic screaming and throwing f bombs before they finally worked with him

This dealer is surrounded by very wealthy neighborhoods. I guess a lot of their buyers have so much money they don't care about their stereo typical car salesman tactics.

Last edited by U8 DU5T; 02-27-2015 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:41 PM
Slow Poke
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Hello everyone, I have a problem. I live in Atlanta and want to buy a z06 from Miami, and the car was just built few days ago. The car was ordered by the dealership. The dealer told me to put down $5000 non-refundable deposit, and I did it. However, today he told me that they will not hold the z06 just with deposit and require me to pay the balance as soon as possible. Is it right?
Why would you ever buy anything from the scam capital of the USA Miami, FL? I have lived in Miami for 50 years and have never bought a single new car from a South Florida stealership. These guys are crooks and will always bait and switch or do whatever they can to take your hard earned money. Even if you offer to pay them upfront, they will add unheard of dealer fees to your purchase like window etching, dealer prep, undercoat rust-proofing etc. Get your deposit back and RUN! I have always bought my cars out of state from Michigan at MSRP or below. Send me a PM and I will give the you the name of reputable dealer who should have what you want with no gimmicks and plenty of cars.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:48 PM
TofuAutoTrend
Intermediate

Originally Posted by famous1
Of course you can. I would tell them to keep you appraised as to when the car will arrive, at which time you will also arrive to exchange the rest of your money for the car. If they sell it, they owe you your deposit and perhaps more. That deposit works both ways.
Thank you very much !

Quick Reply: Dealer said that they will not hold my car just with deposit