C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

New High Gloss CF Steering Wheel & Interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 08:01 PM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

beautiful. That's the way GM should have made it. The stock stuff looks fake to me and would never spend the money for that option.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:17 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Well you absolutely just created a war in my house. This is exactly what I am going for in my DSOM Z06 (if ever I get it [Spectra Constraint]), and I have been back and forth with John C. regarding the wheel, and was originally planning American Hydrocarbon or similar for the dash/console. Within a few minutes of seeing this, I sent Greg and ADW an e-mail requesting a quote....as is... I am kalahari as well.

And then I showed the wife....and she flipped... She has been all over me for considering the high gloss from American Hydrocarbon (and even John for the wheel) as she has a huge dislike for the gloss itself. She says it is so outdated. Thankfully, her country music awards are on and she had a reason to stop... She would have went on...and on... and on. She even wants me to do a FB vote with friends for @#$% sake. I am still waiting for that quote though! This is amazing work!

Follow Up: I just promised her that there would be no 'high gloss' CF in her spot in the trunk.

Last edited by AllFlash; 04-19-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:09 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Ron, I don't see it in picture #5. The waterfall is the rounded piece behind the armrest on the center console.
My bad. No, that waterfall piece behind the armrest is not done...yet. That is another wishlist piece. The carbon fiber inserts on my competition seats are still OEM semi-gloss. Those are on the wishlist too.

This damn wishlist is long and expensive!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:17 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AllFlash
Well you absolutely just created a war in my house. This is exactly what I am going for in my DSOM Z06 (if ever I get it [Spectra Constraint]), and I have been back and forth with John C. regarding the wheel, and was originally planning American Hydrocarbon or similar for the dash/console. Within a few minutes of seeing this, I sent Greg and ADW an e-mail requesting a quote....as is... I am kalahari as well.

And then I showed the wife....and she flipped... She has been all over me for considering the high gloss from American Hydrocarbon (and even John for the wheel) as she has a huge dislike for the gloss itself. She says it is so outdated. Thankfully, her country music awards are on and she had a reason to stop... She would have went on...and on... and on. She even wants me to do a FB vote with friends for @#$% sake. I am still waiting for that quote though! This is amazing work!

Follow Up: I just promised her that there would be no 'high gloss' CF in her spot in the trunk.
Flash, you had me rolling in the floor with your post. Those battles remind of all of mine with dear wife everytime I buy a car. She eventually gets over it. It is my car after all.

I was going to have Greg match the OEM semi-gloss, but changed my mind. I am glad I did. Don't get me wrong, the semi-gloss is just as gorgeous, I just prefer the high gloss.

It is just a matter of preference.

Dude, do your steering wheel! That wheel sets everything else off in the interior. Greg can do whatever color/material combo you want.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:19 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

LOL on the "No High Gloss in her part of the trunk!"

Don't tell her I laughed at your joke. I will deny it. I am good at that!
Old 04-20-2015, 06:09 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOMonster
Flash, you had me rolling in the floor with your post. Those battles remind of all of mine with dear wife everytime I buy a car. She eventually gets over it. It is my car after all.

I was going to have Greg match the OEM semi-gloss, but changed my mind. I am glad I did. Don't get me wrong, the semi-gloss is just as gorgeous, I just prefer the high gloss.

It is just a matter of preference.

Dude, do your steering wheel! That wheel sets everything else off in the interior. Greg can do whatever color/material combo you want.
I think we will have close to matching Coupe/Verts when complete... relatively same tastes. That work looks amazing; hope to meet up sometime! I have a close friend in Chino who has been bugging me to get up there for a weekend for sometime. Just back from Palm Springs and couldn't make it up there as it was a last minute vaca.

Last edited by AllFlash; 04-20-2015 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:19 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AllFlash
I think we will have close to matching Coupe/Verts when complete... relatively same tastes. That work looks amazing; hope to meet up sometime! I have a close friend in Chino who has been bugging me to get up there for a weekend for sometime. Just back from Palm Springs and couldn't make it up there as it was a last minute vaca.
Yeah, sounds like a plan. Let me know when you are in the neighborhood and we can meet up to snap some pics.

That vert of yours is going to look pretty slick with the top down. Once you get all the AeroDyynamicsWest stuff in there, oh man watch out!

As far as taste goes, I am still getting punked on with my chrome wheels. I guess I am a product of the 80's and still love the bling on my whip. Greg's work on the interior is top notch. He's done everything from carbon fiber to blackwood to birch on several of my vehicles. My C6 was pretty slick, but, when all is said and done, this ZO6 interior job will rival any Supercar out there. I have access to and R8, Ford GT, several M6's, P-Cars, including 2 GT3's, an I-8 Bimmer and several Benzos and Caddy's and ADW's work is spot on with their work. Once Greg is done with his handy work, I will be matching the OEM Napa and Alcantara leather on some plastic pieces to get rid of that cheapo plastic. It is a work in progress and a labor of love...FOR SURE!

Keep the top down and drive it like you stole it!

-Ron
Old 04-20-2015, 08:22 PM
racezx9
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered the center console from Greg and waiting for the power mirror bezel. I am in the fence on the steering wheel bezel. I have a dark grey 3Lz interiors I worry that the interior would be too dark.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:10 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by racezx9
I just ordered the center console from Greg and waiting for the power mirror bezel. I am in the fence on the steering wheel bezel. I have a dark grey 3Lz interiors I worry that the interior would be too dark.
Is Greg doing the mirror bezels for you too?
Old 04-25-2015, 07:15 AM
speedy77
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Love it !!! That's how it should come through in the first place. Never quite understood why GM went with the matte finish, it kills the carbon depth.
When I get my Z that will absolutely be done......nice job
Old 04-25-2015, 10:47 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by speedy77
Love it !!! That's how it should come through in the first place. Never quite understood why GM went with the matte finish, it kills the carbon depth.
When I get my Z that will absolutely be done......nice job
Speedy, when all is said and done...I demand you post pics!
Old 09-07-2015, 11:06 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Default Carbon Fiber tail light bezels installed!

This is the follow up to my original thread. I did not want to clutter up that thread with more pics, so here are 3 pics of the newly installed tail light bezels. I have a ton more HD quality, close up pics in any every angle, if any of you are interested. PM me and I will email them to you.

Installation took @ 30 minutes. The reason it took so long is because APR took the OEM screen off the stock piece and installed it on to their piece. APR will perform a write-up on this simple process and send it out. Believe this simple process makes a big difference. If you don't do it, installation was less than 5 minutes as stated in past threads.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:32 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

I like it . Very nice !!
Old 09-07-2015, 11:33 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ufaj26
I like it . Very nice !!
Thanks!
Old 09-07-2015, 11:53 AM
JWingo
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 49 Posts

Man! That's sharp! I want!!!
Old 09-07-2015, 02:04 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Looks good with the Stage 3 spoiler. Now you need the lower rear fascia in Carbon Fiber.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:58 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Steven, what is this lower rear fascia you speak about? I thought I was done.

Get notified of new replies

To New High Gloss CF Steering Wheel & Interior

Old 09-08-2015, 01:04 PM
dansracing
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks great.....
Old 09-08-2015, 01:59 PM
final gear
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Beautiful !!
Old 09-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by DSOMonster
Steven, what is this lower rear fascia you speak about? I thought I was done.

You're not done yet, young squire!

This came from Ben at WeaponX Motorsports (one of our Vendors). Think of how good this will look on YOUR ZO6. With the tail light bezels and the Wickerbill, it will be a stunning look. Plus, having the racing diffuser fins added will add a more complete look to your car.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 09-08-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Quick Reply: New High Gloss CF Steering Wheel & Interior