C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

How To:C7 V1 radar detector install with SAAVY and Remote Display

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 10:03 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default How To:C7 V1 radar detector install with SAAVY and Remote Display

Several people have asked me to do a How To on my installation of the V1 Radar Detector, the SAAVY unit, and remote display.

As a photo/video semi professional I normally put a lot of time into this type of thing. However since I've got a newborn in the house I haven't been able to get it done. Yesterday while exiting the car I decided to do best with my iPhone and take it from there. Below is a video and several photos to help along the way.

I'm extremely happy with this setup and I did not need any additional wires, mounts, brackets, tape, or bubble gum to get it done, just the three items listed above from Valentine1.

Unfortunately said baby is waking up and I have to run so I can't type all that much. However feel free to ask questions and I'll happily answer them and edit this post once I get a free moment.

Admittedly this is a pretty poor how to. But it should be enough of a how to to get it done and, well, that's what counts.

Best,
Gene

Last edited by phantasms; 03-28-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:13 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

nice write up what is the turn dial with number indicator on the obd2 plug in for?

thanks for the write up
Old 03-28-2015, 11:15 AM
freeman1215
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for this Gene. Do you have a photo that shows what the Saavy is plugged into under the dash before it's plugged in?
Old 03-28-2015, 12:10 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 730 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by dvandentop
nice write up what is the turn dial with number indicator on the obd2 plug in for?

thanks for the write up
You pre-program a set speed that the V1 won't alarm when at/under said speed. I have mine set for 35 iirc.
Bish
Old 03-28-2015, 02:41 PM
A-Pex
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice work!

I really like your mounting location for the V1. That's a great location from a driving position perspective.

I was looking at SAAVY as an option, but decided to go with the Valentine Connect application YAV1 (for GPS-integrated lockouts of signals) which integrates an emulated SAAVY component. I've been running this for several months in another car and really like it. Doing this, allows full control of the V1 through my android device, so I don't think I'll need the remote controller. My problem is I don't have a car yet (TPW 4/20) so all I can do is lurk and drool.

The remote control location you're using is also very interesting. Do you find it gets in the way of the power port, or is that pretty clear?

Thanks for the effort, video and pics!
Old 03-28-2015, 03:12 PM
TRT SR
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 102 Posts

Looks great, thanks for posting! My V1 has saved me many times in the Shelby and my Z will be tempting me to mash the gas daily!
Old 03-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

great write up Gene!
Old 03-28-2015, 08:46 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 730 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by A-Pex
Nice work!

I really like your mounting location for the V1. That's a great location from a driving position perspective.

I was looking at SAAVY as an option, but decided to go with the Valentine Connect application YAV1 (for GPS-integrated lockouts of signals) which integrates an emulated SAAVY component. I've been running this for several months in another car and really like it. Doing this, allows full control of the V1 through my android device, so I don't think I'll need the remote controller. My problem is I don't have a car yet (TPW 4/20) so all I can do is lurk and drool.

The remote control location you're using is also very interesting. Do you find it gets in the way of the power port, or is that pretty clear?

Thanks for the effort, video and pics!
You just cost me a bunch of money!! lol

I'm going to get a brand new V1 with the add-ons and sell my older but still great unit.

Bish
Old 03-29-2015, 12:41 AM
A-Pex
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thebishman
You just cost me a bunch of money!! lol

I'm going to get a brand new V1 with the add-ons and sell my older but still great unit.

Bish
HAHA!

I think you can actually send yours back to be upgraded, as the case has pretty much been the same for the last 10 years.

I could be wrong, but it might save you a couple of bills... Of course, then you'd be down a detector for a week or two, which has it's own draw backs.

Get notified of new replies

To How To:C7 V1 radar detector install with SAAVY and Remote Display

Quick Reply: How To:C7 V1 radar detector install with SAAVY and Remote Display