C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Can you track a convertible Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 04:29 PM
quick04Z06
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 600 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
I think there is a glaring truth here, and it's that GM created the convertible Z06 for one type of buyer, and the chances that buyer ever made it to the track to drive the car in anger was near zero.

I equate tracking a vert to tracking a motorcycle. A guy HPDE'ing a vert is going to be at the same experience level as a guy who tracks a motorcycle and doesn't know how to come off the bike/lay the bike or minimize his own injuries. You're doing it but you're doing so at an increased risk.

I must say though, if you can manage to roll over a Z06...that's impressive.
All it takes is a wheel bearing failure, or a differential locking, then the inevitable spin, and then leaving the pavement at high speed. How can you flip a full race Miata like I saw (I was 30 yards behind the guy)? At a track with elevation changes and bumpy runoff areas, like Road Atlanta, it can sure happen.... Scary.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:31 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

Any time you don’t let yourself go off straight and try to correct on really soft or wet track shoulders you can flip. It has happened at Thunderhill where there is tons of run off but you need to just go straight off and not turn, the only thing you’ll hit is tall grass if you go straight.

Quick Reply: Can you track a convertible Z06?