C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Turn off seat belt warning alarm

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 05:04 PM
jswatek
Pro

Received 175 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Brock Sexton
Jason, thanks for the reply. Let me first say that I run with scissors, I swim within a half hour of eating, and I wreak general havoc upon society.
Maybe some people track the car and wear harnesses so they don't need the factory belts on but don't want to hear the chimes?

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 10-08-2017 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote Box
Old 10-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Dougpaper
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

Default what a tool you are so righteous

Originally Posted by RobsVette04
Part of being on an OPEN forum. Deal with it, or simply don't post. Simple as that.

what a righteous tool you are
Old 10-03-2017, 09:58 PM
NASTYC7
Drifting

Received 433 Likes on 239 Posts

Wonder if it works like Fords? Never tried the Corvette.

On a Ford turn the ignition on (don't start). a soon as the seat belt warning light goes out ( After about 1 1/2 minutes) insert and release the belt from the latch 3 times quickly ( not super fast but quicker than making a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich) the seat belt light will flash for a few seconds and it is disabled. turn it back on same way. I am sure Chevy has something similar.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:10 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 382 Posts

Agree with Carl V. No seatbelts=Darwin at work. But I would appreciate it if the manufacturers would simply delay the annoying chime ringing for , say 5-10 seconds, because sometimes it takes that long to put on the belt after starting, or for my passenger (yes, I mean my wife) to get hers one. But they are always on before we leave the driveway. BMW has the same problem--chime starts as soon as you start the car. --Bob

Last edited by ZR1Bob; 10-04-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:03 PM
JasonS5555
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1Bob
But I would appreciate it if the manufacturers would simply delay the annoying chime ringing for , say 5-10 seconds, because sometimes it takes that long to put on the belt after starting, or for my passenger (yes, I mean my wife) to get hers one. But they are always on before we leave the driveway. BMW has the same problem--chime starts as soon as you start the car. --Bob
Holden has it right. Chime doesn't start until you're doing ~20 mph in my '17 Chevy SS...

Jason, thanks for the reply. Let me first say that I run with scissors, I swim within a half hour of eating, and I wreak general havoc upon society.

It's been a while since I've visited this issue, but I'm pretty sure you can't just leave the circuit incomplete. That should trigger warnings on the DIC and will possible also disable or confuse the airbag system.
Heh. I also swim while eating.... With scissors when possible....

I thought so too. But after 2 trips without flashing lights or chimes, I think that is in fact the case.

I was expecting to have to pull the seat again and do some more testing. ASSuming that GM had gotten more sophisticated and added a resistor or something. Wasn't necessary, just slid the seat forward and up, reached in and pulled the jumper wire and all good.

I'd love confirmation from another, just to make sure its not some bizarre thing with my car.

Jason

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 10-08-2017 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-Please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner to make your responses look like this!
Old 10-04-2017, 03:32 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1Bob
Agree with Carl V. No seatbelts=Darwin at work.
The only problem is we offer free emergency health care for people that fail the test.

I think if you have health insurance, and if your health insurance rate is based on you not wearing a belt, then you should be able to drive however you like. Same for motorcycles, probably.

I'm not a safety troll, because I don't care if a stranger on the Internet dies. I just don't want to foot the bill.

Last edited by davepl; 10-04-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Brock Sexton
Heel & Toe

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Jason,
Describe your process in more detail. Are you saying that you simply disconnected the harness? You used the term "jumper".

I have disconnected the harness and done nothing other than that and all heck breaks loose. The computer needs a response of some sort. from the seat

Hey Dave, thanks for the comments on the safety aspect of this. We were really looking for more of that.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 10-08-2017 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 10-04-2017, 04:19 PM
JasonS5555
Racer

Jason,
Describe your process in more detail. Are you saying that you simply disconnected the harness? You used the term "jumper".

I have disconnected the harness and done nothing other than that and all heck breaks loose. The computer needs a response of some sort. from the seat
I initially followed your procedure from post #42 in this thread. I used a jumper wire to jumper the two male pins on the car side of the seatbelt harness. That resulted in the 2 chimes, one at startup and one 5 min later. I did this to both seats.

I then pulled that jumper wire and left the 2 pin harness disconnected, but only on the drivers seat. Next trip (out and back) was without any warning lights / chimes of any kind. There was no passenger on that trip and the passenger side jumper wire was still in place.

Was I just lucky for that one trip? Will investigate that possibility tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited by JasonS5555; 10-04-2017 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Brock Sexton
Heel & Toe

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Jason,
What's the verdict after a few days of driving?
Old 10-07-2017, 06:02 PM
JasonS5555
Racer

Jason,
What's the verdict after a few days of driving?
Didn't get a chance to yesterday. Just returned from a trip with a passenger. It warned me that the passenger wasn't buckled, twice. The jumper on the passenger seat was still in place.

NO warning, lights, airbag etc from my seat. So I'm going to pull the passenger jumper and see what happens.

There is one other thing I've thought of. I think I disconnected the battery once I pulled the jumper wire on my seat to re-set the upper limit on the clutch switch. I wonder if that had some impact.

I'll keep you guys posted on what happens with the passenger side once I pull the jumper wire.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 10-08-2017, 04:25 AM
Scottcolem
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks for the info Jason and Brock.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:11 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by L Duncan
If it were not a law that mandates the use of seat belts and helmets I would probably wear them. I know they are a safe thing to wear. But when some organization tells me I have to do something I will always do my best to "buck" the system even at my own risk.
What do you do at red lights?
Old 10-08-2017, 12:59 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Hey Dave, thanks for the comments on the safety aspect of this. We were really looking for more of that.
If I'm the Dave you're talking to, you didn't read my posts, because I don't give a **** about your or anyone else's safety, just my money.

Go read 'em again.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:01 PM
JasonS5555
Racer

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
If I'm the Dave you're talking to, you didn't read my posts, because I don't give a **** about your or anyone else's safety, just my money.

Go read 'em again.
I don't care if you're bitching about safety, $$, or your granny's hairstyle. Its OFF TOPIC. So can we please, PLEASE stick to the topic at hand? If you wanna discuss something else, START YOUR OWN THREAD.

Jason
Old 10-08-2017, 03:05 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JasonS5555
I don't care if you're bitching about safety, $$, or your granny's hairstyle. Its OFF TOPIC. So can we please, PLEASE stick to the topic at hand? If you wanna discuss something else, START YOUR OWN THREAD.

Jason
This isn't your thread. You're not a moderator. My comment was related to the subject at hand. Time to up the voltage, I think.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

I agree, it's off-topic to come into this thread talking about your own personal money concerns. This is about disabling the seatbelt warning, which I want to know more about without the PC safety police taking it off-topic.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Default Warning to everyone....

Originally Posted by SMFCPACFP
Does anyone know how, if possible, to permanently turn off seat belt alarm on a 2015 Z06?

You people simply amaze me.....

I've posted the OP's original question. Has anyone for the last few pages addressed this? I don't think so.

There are SO many things I'd like to say here, but my better judgement is prohibiting me to do so.

So, for the time being, all I will say is "Thread Closed" due to the off-topic nonsense.

Quick Reply: Turn off seat belt warning alarm