Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn off seat belt warning alarm

 
Old 04-22-2015, 06:35 AM
  #1  
SMFCPACFP
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
SMFCPACFP's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Marquette Michigan
Posts: 3,957
Received 45 Likes on 22 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Turn off seat belt warning alarm

Does anyone know how, if possible, to permanently turn off seat belt alarm on a 2015 Z06?
SMFCPACFP is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 11:18 AM
  #2  
xp800
CF Senior Member
 
xp800's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2007
Location: Macomb MI
Posts: 1,423
Received 219 Likes on 142 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SMFCPACFP View Post
Does anyone know how, if possible, to permanently turn off seat belt alarm on a 2015 Z06?
This has been asked many times before, and in all cases the discussion converges on members providing information to do so put themselves in a VERY precarious liability situation.

Feel free to use the search function...
xp800 is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 11:29 AM
  #3  
RobsVette04
CF Senior Member
 
RobsVette04's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2007
Location: Bolingbrook IL
Posts: 455
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Stupid question, deserves no answer.
RobsVette04 is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by RobsVette04:
DAC17 (10-01-2017), davepl (08-03-2016), VictorBarron (08-23-2016)
Old 04-22-2015, 11:36 AM
  #4  
range96
CF Senior Member
 
range96's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,564
Received 245 Likes on 191 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RobsVette04 View Post
Stupid question, deserves no answer.
More like stupid answer.
range96 is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 12:08 PM
  #5  
Babaron
CF Senior Member
 
Babaron's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 974
Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

Back in the 80's, I disabled the seat belt warning in my Honda Prelude by snipping the wire that went to the receiver end of the belt. Haven't done this with new models.

As I got older, I have on occasion forgotten to buckle up and the warning saved me. Never did that as a youngster
Babaron is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 12:09 PM
  #6  
Speednet
CF Senior Member
 
Speednet's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2001
Location: Bridgewater NJ
Posts: 1,840
Received 347 Likes on 188 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by range96 View Post
More like stupid answer.
I agree 100%. So tired of the people who feel the need to hijack this question every time it is asked. Also tired of the attitude of "I know but I don't want to tell you."

It would be nice to see a description posted of how to do this without all the morality and ethics hand-wringing.
Speednet is offline  
The following 4 users liked this post by Speednet:
70LQ4 (10-09-2017), DC89SSP (10-01-2017), Monkey D. Luffy (10-05-2017), Pro-Hunt (08-04-2016)
Old 04-22-2015, 12:20 PM
  #7  
JR3AP3R
CF Senior Member
 
JR3AP3R's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2013
Location: Odessa Texas
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I bought the seatbelt delete from vetteworks. It plugs into the reciever when you don't want a standard belt and can be stored when you do.
JR3AP3R is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 12:47 PM
  #8  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,942
Received 851 Likes on 706 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by range96 View Post
More like stupid answer.
I agree! Seats belts? I might wear them about 10 percent of the time.
Many days not at all!
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 01:10 PM
  #9  
range96
CF Senior Member
 
range96's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,564
Received 245 Likes on 191 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Speednet View Post
I agree 100%. So tired of the people who feel the need to hijack this question every time it is asked. Also tired of the attitude of "I know but I don't want to tell you."

It would be nice to see a description posted of how to do this without all the morality and ethics hand-wringing.
GM should provide information on this in the owner's manual (like other manufacturers).
range96 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Pro-Hunt (08-04-2016)
Old 04-22-2015, 02:01 PM
  #10  
RobsVette04
CF Senior Member
 
RobsVette04's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2007
Location: Bolingbrook IL
Posts: 455
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
I agree! Seats belts? I might wear them about 10 percent of the time.
Many days not at all!
You must be so cool.
RobsVette04 is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 08:24 PM
  #11  
Speednet
CF Senior Member
 
Speednet's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2001
Location: Bridgewater NJ
Posts: 1,840
Received 347 Likes on 188 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by range96 View Post
GM should provide information on this in the owner's manual (like other manufacturers).
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but no, this information is not provided by any manufacturer in their manual.

It is typically shared on forums. The Corvette forum is literally the only one I have found for any of my cars in which the people are so morally outraged about this that they refuse to share the information. It's really very weird.
Speednet is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 08:47 PM
  #12  
L Duncan
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Posts: 475
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RobsVette04 View Post
You must be so cool.
I must also be "cool" because I never wear the stupid things...also when I'm in SC. my motorcycle helmet comes off. I feel its against my rights to be told I have to do something.
L Duncan is offline  
The following users liked this post:
70LQ4 (10-09-2017)
Old 04-23-2015, 12:15 AM
  #13  
Dabigsnake
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Nov 2014
Posts: 741
Received 104 Likes on 62 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by L Duncan View Post
I must also be "cool" because I never wear the stupid things...also when I'm in SC. my motorcycle helmet comes off. I feel its against my rights to be told I have to do something.
Ok, here goes. I've owned a collision shop for over 40 years and I have seen TOOO many times what happens to those who do not wear a seat belt. More deaths from being ejected, and maimed at the least. Many times costing tax payer $$ to try to save your lives. Statistics are fact, and seat belts save lives. You all have the right to be stupid, and maybe it's an evolution thing? So, light em up, text away, and don't be bothered by that damn ugly obtrusive seat belt. The World is getting smarter all the time, especially if you haven't reproduced yet, cause I'm sure you wear those sperm catchers, right? Ok, im done.
Dabigsnake is offline  
The following 5 users liked this post by Dabigsnake:
avalonandl (09-28-2015), Busa Dave (08-03-2016), FastestBusaAround (08-23-2016), SpeedyD (10-03-2017), VictorBarron (08-23-2016)
Old 04-23-2015, 07:57 AM
  #14  
SMFCPACFP
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
SMFCPACFP's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Marquette Michigan
Posts: 3,957
Received 45 Likes on 22 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default

Despite the preaching by some of the clowns that lurk on the forum, I asked a simple question. I didn't say whether I intended to use the seat belt. I did get one answer to my question which was to search for the answer. When I tried the search with a few different search I only came up with one hit - my post.

I have been following this forum since I ordered my Z06 in January and haven't seen this question addressed.

Once again - does anyone know how to disable the seat belt alarm?

Please no more preaching, your value beliefs are unimportant to me.

Last edited by SMFCPACFP; 04-23-2015 at 08:02 AM.
SMFCPACFP is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 09:06 AM
  #15  
RobsVette04
CF Senior Member
 
RobsVette04's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2007
Location: Bolingbrook IL
Posts: 455
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dabigsnake View Post
Ok, here goes. I've owned a collision shop for over 40 years and I have seen TOOO many times what happens to those who do not wear a seat belt. More deaths from being ejected, and maimed at the least. Many times costing tax payer $$ to try to save your lives. Statistics are fact, and seat belts save lives. You all have the right to be stupid, and maybe it's an evolution thing? So, light em up, text away, and don't be bothered by that damn ugly obtrusive seat belt. The World is getting smarter all the time, especially if you haven't reproduced yet, cause I'm sure you wear those sperm catchers, right? Ok, im done.
Owned.



Originally Posted by SMFCPACFP View Post

Please no more preaching, your value beliefs are unimportant to me.
Part of being on an OPEN forum. Deal with it, or simply don't post. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by L Duncan View Post
I must also be "cool" because I never wear the stupid things...also when I'm in SC. my motorcycle helmet comes off. I feel its against my rights to be told I have to do something.
Now I KNOW you're super cool.

No seat belt and no helmet....



Last edited by Steven Bell; 10-08-2017 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-Please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner to make your responses look like this!
RobsVette04 is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 09:29 AM
  #16  
L Duncan
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Posts: 475
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RobsVette04 View Post
Now I KNOW you're super cool.

No seat belt and no helmet....


If it were not a law that mandates the use of seat belts and helmets I would probably wear them. I know they are a safe thing to wear. But when some organization tells me I have to do something I will always do my best to "buck" the system even at my own risk.
L Duncan is offline  
The following users liked this post:
70LQ4 (10-09-2017)
Old 04-23-2015, 09:58 AM
  #17  
SMFCPACFP
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
SMFCPACFP's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Marquette Michigan
Posts: 3,957
Received 45 Likes on 22 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default

Isn't there a way to get clowns like Robbsvette4 to quit hijacking threads.
SMFCPACFP is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 09:59 AM
  #18  
hcvone
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Aug 1999
Location: Huntingdon Valley Pa
Posts: 18,952
Received 598 Likes on 399 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dabigsnake View Post
Ok, here goes. I've owned a collision shop for over 40 years and I have seen TOOO many times what happens to those who do not wear a seat belt. More deaths from being ejected, and maimed at the least. Many times costing tax payer $$ to try to save your lives. Statistics are fact, and seat belts save lives. You all have the right to be stupid, and maybe it's an evolution thing? So, light em up, text away, and don't be bothered by that damn ugly obtrusive seat belt. The World is getting smarter all the time, especially if you haven't reproduced yet, cause I'm sure you wear those sperm catchers, right? Ok, im done.
hcvone is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 10:15 AM
  #19  
Axelrod
CF Senior Member
 
Axelrod's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Location: North East
Posts: 8,731
Likes: 0
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Hello Presumers and "***"umers,

Please don't take the liberal stance that you know what is good for everyone else. This trend in society is disheartening. All of the naysayers in this thread will certainly agree to higher taxes for everyone, right? Paying higher taxes is better for everyone because it makes everyone else's life better, right? Not really. Not at all.

The above should hopefully put some of the replies in this thread to rest.

The people that posted those replies did not think (see the problem?) for one second that the original poster's request could be related to...

Track time.

A car that is used on the street and on the track for HPDE events will need a SEATBELT DELETE option if the car has a 5-point harness.


Why would anyone want to drive around the track with GM's idiot warnings going off when they are securely fastened into the cockpit with an alternate 5-point harness?

The easy fix for this is to cut the metal latch out of another seatbelt and plug it into the receiver while on the track. Problem solved.

Think people, think. The moral compass and nanny state mentality of some is contributing to the degradation of this country. Save yourselves. Don't worry about other people.
Axelrod is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by Axelrod:
Boiler_81 (08-03-2016), Bounty (10-01-2017), Rodbuster56 (08-03-2016)
Old 04-23-2015, 11:35 PM
  #20  
Dabigsnake
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Nov 2014
Posts: 741
Received 104 Likes on 62 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SCCACornerWorker View Post
Hello Presumers and "***"umers,

Please don't take the liberal stance that you know what is good for everyone else. This trend in society is disheartening. All of the naysayers in this thread will certainly agree to higher taxes for everyone, right? Paying higher taxes is better for everyone because it makes everyone else's life better, right? Not really. Not at all.

The above should hopefully put some of the replies in this thread to rest.

The people that posted those replies did not think (see the problem?) for one second that the original poster's request could be related to...

Track time.

A car that is used on the street and on the track for HPDE events will need a SEATBELT DELETE option if the car has a 5-point harness.


Why would anyone want to drive around the track with GM's idiot warnings going off when they are securely fastened into the cockpit with an alternate 5-point harness?

The easy fix for this is to cut the metal latch out of another seatbelt and plug it into the receiver while on the track. Problem solved.

Think people, think. The moral compass and nanny state mentality of some is contributing to the degradation of this country. Save yourselves. Don't worry about other people.
WTF? Corner worker? "Don't worry about other people". I'll pay you to stay home and not man my corners. OP had ample opportunity to respond with your hypothesis, BUT didn't. Heard on radio today that 70% of all auto crash facilities are due to NOT using seat belts. Can't fix stupid. Especially when they subscribe to "don't baffle me with the FACTS, my mind is made up". Sad, and extremely STUPID.
Dabigsnake is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turn off seat belt warning alarm


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: