C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Courtesy Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 10:32 AM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Courtesy Delivery

I have a Z06 on order from a dealer located about 400 miles from me. Within a week of ordering the car, in early March, I requested a Courtesy Delivery (CD) to the Chevy dealer near my home (he had no allocations for a Z06). My local dealer suggested the CD, to save me the inconvenience of going to pick the Z06 up. While the selling dealer hasn't said no, he continues to be vague, stalling me. I've already assured him there would be no financial loss to him, as he could lose +/-$200.... And I'd pick that up. Is there any reason he can't direct the car to the dealer near me? He has all of the local dealer's information, including the GM's name and phone number, but has not made an effort to call. Any legitimate idea why this dealer is stalling the CD, when I offered to cover any loss he would incur?
Old 04-25-2015, 10:56 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

You really just need to supply the BAC ID number for the Courtesy Delivery dealer to your selling dealer.
That is what goes into the GM Workbench Order

When you placed your order then that is what needs to be entered.
It's your right to have it shipped anywhere as you pay for the shipping from the factory.

Did you receive a copy of the Order?

BAC Information
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charge-to BAC YYYYYY Charge-to BFC
Ship-to BAC XXXXXX Ship-to BFC
Contact Name Phone #
Stock No. Z026
Old 04-25-2015, 11:39 AM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
You really just need to supply the BAC ID number for the Courtesy Delivery dealer to your selling dealer.
That is what goes into the GM Workbench Order

When you placed your order then that is what needs to be entered.
It's your right to have it shipped anywhere as you pay for the shipping from the factory.

Did you receive a copy of the Order?

BAC Information
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charge-to BAC YYYYYY Charge-to BFC
Ship-to BAC XXXXXX Ship-to BFC
Contact Name Phone #
Stock No. Z026
Now I am getting concerned as I provided the BAC number, along with the GM's name and number on March 17, 8 days after the factory accepted the order for production. I don't have a copy of the order, but this order's allocation was provided by the regional manager, not the dealer..... I had a connection thru a well placed "big Chevy dealer" and that's how I was able to get the order placed. The dealer did the leg work to get the order, but he was told my connection was what motivated the regional manager to use his allocation.

While I don't want to get heavy-handed with the selling GM, seems like he isn't being cooperative. He doesn't have leverage, as he said no to a deposit when I offered.... Said I came highly recommended and wasn't concerned. I have signed nothing, either. In late Feb, I was concerned at the time that the color I wanted (DSOM), might not make the cut for 2016. Looks like it made it, the selling dealer has lost that leverage, too.

What is "Stock No. Z026[/QUOTE]" ?

Thanks much!
Old 04-25-2015, 12:47 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Your order along with the order number should be available by the seller.
That will have the Ship to BAC...if it is incorrect then have it changed.

The Stock No. was included by my selling dealer...internal use only.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:33 PM
RedZ
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Eikenberry
Now I am getting concerned as I provided the BAC number, along with the GM's name and number on March 17, 8 days after the factory accepted the order for production. I don't have a copy of the order, but this order's allocation was provided by the regional manager, not the dealer..... I had a connection thru a well placed "big Chevy dealer" and that's how I was able to get the order placed. The dealer did the leg work to get the order, but he was told my connection was what motivated the regional manager to use his allocation.

While I don't want to get heavy-handed with the selling GM, seems like he isn't being cooperative. He doesn't have leverage, as he said no to a deposit when I offered.... Said I came highly recommended and wasn't concerned. I have signed nothing, either. In late Feb, I was concerned at the time that the color I wanted (DSOM), might not make the cut for 2016. Looks like it made it, the selling dealer has lost that leverage, too.

What is "Stock No. Z026
" ?

Thanks much![/QUOTE]

I have had two cars done with courtesy delivery, both times I needed to provide the selling dealer with the courtesy dealer information before they used their allocation on my order. I was told that once allocated (status code: 2000) nothing can be changed. I assume that included the courtesy delivery dealer. What is your status code?
Old 04-25-2015, 03:20 PM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Your order along with the order number should be available by the seller.
That will have the Ship to BAC...if it is incorrect then have it changed.

The Stock No. was included by my selling dealer...internal use only.
Got it. What are your comments on RedZ's statement about nothing on the order changes once it hits Code 2000? I know mine was there a while back. My selling dealer indicated as much. However, the dealer I want the car shipped to says it can be changed.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:22 PM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Originally Posted by RedZ
" ?

Thanks much!
I have had two cars done with courtesy delivery, both times I needed to provide the selling dealer with the courtesy dealer information before they used their allocation on my order. I was told that once allocated (status code: 2000) nothing can be changed. I assume that included the courtesy delivery dealer. What is your status code?[/QUOTE]

I have heard this before, but have also been told delivery can be changed. I asked RedZ for his thoughts as he appears to have some knowledge well beyond the norm. Thanks very much.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:42 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

I have a Z06 on order from a dealer located about 400 miles from me. Within a week of ordering the car, in early March, I requested a Courtesy Delivery (CD) to the Chevy dealer near my home (he had no allocations for a Z06). My local dealer suggested the CD, to save me the inconvenience of going to pick the Z06 up. While the selling dealer hasn't said no, he continues to be vague, stalling me. I've already assured him there would be no financial loss to him, as he could lose +/-$200.... And I'd pick that up. Is there any reason he can't direct the car to the dealer near me? He has all of the local dealer's information, including the GM's name and phone number, but has not made an effort to call. Any legitimate idea why this dealer is stalling the CD, when I offered to cover any loss he would incur?
I would call another dealer. No reason to make up any funds.
I provided the info to Hendrix in Atlanta ( who will get you a car not sure I like the sound of this dealer). My car was delivered 20 minutes from my house.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:09 PM
ParishM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

call the head sales manager or GM !
Old 04-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Originally Posted by ParishM
call the head sales manager or GM !
Good idea. I will. Thanks much.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:53 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Got it. What are your comments on RedZ's statement about nothing on the order changes once it hits Code 2000? I know mine was there a while back. My selling dealer indicated as much. However, the dealer I want the car shipped to says it can be changed.

I picked up a 2001 Corvette Z06 from a dealer that had entered the order for their inventory and it was near production. Do not know what the status was, but the dealer put in a change to my courtesy delivery dealer. It did put me back into the rotation a couple of weeks later however, so expect a delay if changed at a later time.
So, yes it can be done.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:59 PM
ATOMICV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer has the right to refuse the courtesy delivery if he is not certified to perform maintenance on Vettes. He can also charge any price he wants to do the PDI on the car, in my case $1500.00 which is why my selling dealer done the PDI then shipped the car to my door. No problems.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:11 PM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

I picked up a 2001 Corvette Z06 from a dealer that had entered the order for their inventory and it was near production. Do not know what the status was, but the dealer put in a change to my courtesy delivery dealer. It did put me back into the rotation a couple of weeks later however, so expect a delay if changed at a later time.
So, yes it can be done.
Good to know. I'll see what the dealer says on Monday. Thanks very much.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:13 PM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Originally Posted by ATOMICV8
The dealer has the right to refuse the courtesy delivery if he is not certified to perform maintenance on Vettes. He can also charge any price he wants to do the PDI on the car, in my case $1500.00 which is why my selling dealer done the PDI then shipped the car to my door. No problems.
Yes, the dealer is certified. The dealer I've earmarked for courtesy is not charging me. We go back a ways.

Thanks very much.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:48 PM
ATOMICV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I thought we went way back also, I guess money is more important than lasting relationships in my case, anyhow good luck with the car you will love it

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy Delivery

Quick Reply: Courtesy Delivery