C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports
View Poll Results: If you've Overheated What is Your Stage Aero 1, 2 or 3
Stage 1 Aero
22.70%
Stage 2 Aero
20.98%
Stage 3 Aero
56.32%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll

ZO6 overheating issues ***MEGA Merge***

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 09:41 AM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath
Of all the people posting in this thread about what destroys what, 95% of you will never take either car, or any car for that matter, to its ragged edge, and therefore, it all comes down to bragging about what someone else did in a similar car.

then they mature after going to the track and getting passed by 944 and then realize why people buy Porsche and why others buy Vipers, vettes, Mercs and BMW's....Ferraris etc....and don't post silly threads like this one
Old 10-01-2014, 10:08 AM
gtrguy
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

If care about performance value and the z06 is same price as cayman, i would take z. If cost is no object and i want luxury and prestige i would spend twice z06 money for tts. If im track guy and care about feel i take the lighter, na engine gt3 for about 50% more z06 money. Lastly, if i want stick shift i take z06.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Callsign_Vega
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
It's hard to find brand defectors. Most true car guys I've met are pretty damn loyal to their favorite brand.
I couldn't disagree more. I think brand loyalist that are negative about other makes and models are posers and/or fan-boys.

A true intelligent car enthusiasts knows that there are plenty of very well designed cars out there and doesn't go around slamming everything that isn't brand/model-X.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Carnut12
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega
I couldn't disagree more. I think brand loyalist that are negative about other makes and models are posers and/or fan-boys.

A true intelligent car enthusiasts knows that there are plenty of very well designed cars out there and doesn't go around slamming everything that isn't brand/model-X.
Very well said
Old 10-01-2014, 10:55 AM
ibleedgreen
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnut12
Very well said

Old 10-01-2014, 12:53 PM
joetz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DerStig
Simple question. Any Porsche model except spyder. Am I missing anything? Aside from name of the Porsche vs the Chevy, it seems like Z06 will destroy every Porsche model out there, including turbo S in every department. Maybe not so much in interior, but who buys these cars for the soft leather.
There are actually people who buy a car for the fit and finish and quality of the materials and the status of the badge. Performance isn't everything.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:30 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

This.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:30 PM
ALLANB
Pro

Originally Posted by joetz
There are actually people who buy a car for the fit and finish and quality of the materials and the status of the badge. Performance isn't everything.
Yeah not everyone is about the power numbers. A 480 hp F430 is still more desirable to me than a lot of higher hp cars.

And as said many times most people will never use the full power of even a 500 hp car.

I like to look at the total package. I like handling , decent ride, powerful brakes, decent power so around that mid 400s up depending on weight and like my cars to look nice and interesting. I tend to go for cars with bit more detail Like air inlets and extractors and tasteful rear wings and big steamroller tires, etc.

Likely I would be very happy with a base c7 but since the z06 is basically the old zr1 for z06 pricing pretty much might as well go for it. I will almost for sure never use the car to near its potential but do like to have the top of line model if can afford to.

I also am lucky enough to live in a place where you can still "exercise " your sports cars a bit. With great smooth video game roads just minutes from my house. And nice weather most of the year as well. Perfect convertible weather most of the time.

Nice to see Gm offer manual and auto and removable roof and convertible in the new Z06. Give people choices . Always good marketing plan.
I never looked at Viper because no auto and they haven't even brought the vert out yet. Whats up with that? Stupid !
And no hill assist on the Viper when they have it on the Challenger.

And the prices were pretty out to lunch on Vipers.

Porsche at least offers people what they want. You can get your high end Porsches in auto well only auto now I guess . So they shoud have maybe kept the full manual option. But you can also get coupe and vert and you can get a GT3 if you want more racy lighter non all wheel drive . Not sure if they offer the GT2 anymore. And you have a lot of options with interior, etc in your Porsche if you buy it new. But they are still way overpriced. The reason I got mine used.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:53 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by gtrguy
If care about performance value and the z06 is same price as cayman, i would take z. If cost is no object and i want luxury and prestige i would spend twice z06 money for tts. If im track guy and care about feel i take the lighter, na engine gt3 for about 50% more z06 money. Lastly, if i want stick shift i take z06.
Yeah, how about that. A C7, Z06 for the price of a Gayman. How long would a guy with a pair between his legs have to think about that one. These threads always end with the Porsche humpers throwing in the performance towel and preaching about fit and leather "softness". LOL!
Old 10-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
Yeah, how about that. A C7, Z06 for the price of a Gayman. How long would a guy with a pair between his legs have to think about that one. These threads always end with the Porsche humpers throwing in the performance towel and preaching about fit and leather "softness". LOL!
The C7 circlejerk is strong with this one.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:57 PM
harlold
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
Did mommy and daddy let you out of your room again?

Lord, what a child.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:00 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Crabbers
The C7 circlejerk is strong with this one.
I think he had his *** whooped by a 914 at one time.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:09 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

A 914, "6" was actually kind of a fun car back in the day.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:25 AM
joetz
Instructor

Originally Posted by skank
I have many acquaintances that fall into that category that accuse the typical Corvette owner of being a country hick. I also have observed that a majority of these very people are misinformed pompous a$$es. True sports car enthusiasts do respect the Corvette now more than ever. But you still hear the usual German car fan bashing the Vette even though they know very little about it. Porsche fans were in the same boat relative to Ferrari and they still resent the adoration of Ferraris by the casual observer. I went to the 24Hrs of LeMans this year and I can assure you that there is great respect for the Corvette in Europe. The racing team has single handedly done this for the Corvette image. Here in America the social ladder climbers seem to hate anything that they themselves do not own.
There are a lot of misinformed pompous a$$es, but unfortunately the number of misinformed a$$es in the Corvette community is about 10 times more than any other. Go to a porsche forum and maybe there are 1-2 morons saying stupid things about other brands. Over here there seem like hundreds of these idiots. I don't even know who these people are. They certainly aren't car enthusiasts. I guess they are "corvette enthusiasts" who only like and appreciate corvettes and everything else is garbage? Back when I owned my C6 this forum was even worse, but the C7 seems to have a lot of conquest sales from other makes, which is what GM wanted. The situation is a lot better than it was a few years ago, but the corvette community still has a disproportionate amount of morons and the worst thing about the cars are the owners IMO.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:29 AM
383LPE
Drifting

Its only popular in the euro because its rare..... unlike here where busboys can afford one with government motors financing.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:33 AM
gilly6993
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Well I am someone who made the decision and I chose a Porsche GT3 for the sole fact that I've never owned one and wanted to try something different....I have no brand loyalty and am a true "car guy".....love the Z06 for the price and the looks and everything else....had 2 corevettes, including a Z06, in the past and just sold my GTR....just wanted something different and the GT3 is very intrigueing.....people bash Porsche owners all the time but IMO some people are just A$$holes no matter what kind of car they drive....
Old 10-02-2014, 10:43 AM
383LPE
Drifting

The GT3 is a great car, very reliable (for Porsche) and a real drivers car.

Get notified of new replies

To ZO6 overheating issues ***MEGA Merge***

Old 10-02-2014, 10:50 AM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by joetz
Then there are actually people who buy a car solely on perceptions (some true and some very false) and based on what someone else (magazines) might think of their car without having the sense to decide for themselves. And yes you are very right......performance IS NOT everything!!
Old 10-02-2014, 10:51 AM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by mirage2991

then they mature after going to the track and getting passed by 944 and then realize why people buy Porsche and why others buy Vipers, vettes, Mercs and BMW's....Ferraris etc....and don't post silly threads like this one
One of the most ignorant comments I have ever read on this forum!!
Old 10-02-2014, 01:18 PM
joetz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Snorman
It is comical how to a number of individuals if you don't like or prefer Porsches, Vipers, etc. you're "not a car guy".
Conversely, several of those very same people have repeatedly stated they don't like the C7 (or the "base" C7). Yet that's okay. Talk about hypocrites.
When you're running around on a Corvette forum regularly taking shots at people, calling them immature and childish and insinuating they can't afford one because they make disparaging remarks about 911's (or Vipers, or Ferraris, or whatever)...you are the problem. People don't have to like the car. If you like your 911, good for you. Enjoy it.
S.
It's not about liking or disliking something. I have a problem with anyone who says they are a car guy when they can not RESPECT other brands. That's the difference.

It's sort of like a musician friend I had who told me he didn't like country music, but had respect for the people who wrote it, telling me if you look at the sheet music, there is obvious talent/ability there.

Last edited by joetz; 10-02-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Quick Reply: ZO6 overheating issues ***MEGA Merge***