C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Say all you want how great new ZO6 is, but....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Mpwr247
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Well I would say your missing some marbles if you go tracking your car on a hot 100 degree day. Lot of fun roasting hot track?

Is there anyone else even there besides maybe a few other dolts.
My z06 without doubt is the finest car on the road for 100k as far street performance your BMW it not close and I paid only 81,500 and laugh at the ones who paid 95-115 for the SAME car with seat heaters and some extra carbon fibre that is out of place of the street
k.
To you all I can say Enjoy your car. You're happy, you like it all that meters.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Default Warning to all.

Guys,

I'm warning you now....if this personal pissing match continues, bans will be handed out swiftly and it won't be pretty.

One warning only............

Either you get back on topic or ruin it for everyone else.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:14 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
You guys that buy a Z06 for a street car and dismiss its failings as a track car are hilarious. Its advertised as a track car. That's like buying an expensive watch that does not tell time well and saying it does looks good on your wrist.

The trouble with this forum is nobody wants to admit any shortcomings in this car. If you do you get attacked.
I bought a Z06 and it is NOT advertised for the track.
The car that is advertised for the track is the Z07.
Then only a few of those are tracked. Your facts are so screwed up you think all Z06's are sold as a track car!

When only a small amount are tracked. The Corvette has always been
a sports car for the streets.
I bought my Z06 like 90 percent plus of the others will never see a track.
Then there are fools beating on your new Corvette around a track in 100 degree heat.
It's all about jealous non owners wanting to complain and they don't even own one.
It's a great car nothing for 80k comes close. Gets 28 plus MPG with just an intake an 700 horses
if you don't spin it will pull on any car minus a few very few 200k and up cars that really are irrelevant
they are so small in number.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 06-29-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Fore58
Safety Car

Received 598 Likes on 453 Posts

Just wondering what is the motive behind this particular story. We all know about the cooling issues on C7 Z06. Maybe just two sessions were enough for both drivers. Then again the OP perhaps assumed both cars overheated during the sessions. Did the OP ask the two drivers what actually happened? Just my .02
Old 06-29-2015, 01:26 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

I bought a Z06 and it is NOT advertised for the track.
The car that is advertised for the track is the Z07.
Then only a few of those are tracked. Your facts are so screwed up you think all Z06's are sold as a track car!

When only a small amount are tracked. The Corvette has always been
a sports car for the streets.
I bought my Z06 like 90 percent plus of the others will never see a track.
Then there are fools beating on your new Corvette around a track in 100 degree heat.
It's all about jealous non owners wanting to complain and they don't even own one.
It's a great car nothing for 80k comes close. Gets 28 plus MPG with just an intake an 700 horses
if you don't spin it will pull on any car minus a few very few 200k and up cars that really are irrelevant
they are so small in number.
You better tell this to all those that purchased stage 1 and stage 2 cars. I guess they should not be at the track then. I don't remember GM saying the ONLY car to be used at the track is stage 3 Z06. If I am wrong I apologize.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:37 PM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not mad at all. Your typing is like a 5 year old. In fact I find humor in posts from clowns like you.
You can jump in the lake like your 2 cents matters. NOT!
What lake?
Old 06-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Mpwr247
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fore58
Just wondering what is the motive behind this particular story. We all know about the cooling issues on C7 Z06. Maybe just two sessions were enough for both drivers. Then again the OP perhaps assumed both cars overheated during the sessions. Did the OP ask the two drivers what actually happened? Just my .02
Yes I did ask. The guy with blow engine his temps got to 289 not wanting to test his luck went home. He had zo7 package other guy went into limp mode as his Temps got 276.
If the cooling system is the problem and it's well documented I rest my case.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:35 PM
Fore58
Safety Car

Received 598 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpwr247
Yes I did ask. The guy with blow engine his temps got to 289 not wanting to test his luck went home. He had zo7 package other guy went into limp mode as his Temps got 276.
Thanks for your cordial reply.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:40 PM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Received 212 Likes on 128 Posts

No it doesn't I bought my car as a street car as are 90 percent of the sales. So if 90 percent never see a track and then your 200 hp statement is so BS. Drive your M3 just don't play with Z06's they will roast you.

Who cares about you slow M3 and your DCT> My ZR1 doesn't have the issue but doesn't track either.
I'm not going to enter into a pissin match with you. It's immature.

For M-F driving on road where most people do not/ cannot drive more than 80mph, a track oriented car is pointless.

Another thing is to read my comments on this thread, they are vastly different from the other BMW owner on this thread.

This thread should not be about BMW vs Vette. It's all about the Z06 and that's all it ever should be.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:53 PM
Dabigsnake
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
You guys that buy a Z06 for a street car and dismiss its failings as a track car are hilarious. Its advertised as a track car. That's like buying an expensive watch that does not tell time well and saying it does looks good on your wrist.

The trouble with this forum is nobody wants to admit any shortcomings in this car. If you do you get attacked.
Who you calling nobody?
Old 06-29-2015, 02:58 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Well I'm at 7 track days and counting in hot & humid FL. I run at both PBIR and Homestead. I push it too... session after session. I recently literally melted my front tires from hard sessions. So the only thing overheating are my tires... and my sweaty azz. No other "coolant/oil/trans overheating" issues for me neither.. my pads need replacement soon and I am already using 2 new front tires for the track. So the new Z06 is great but there will be folks who'll continue to bash it... doesn't bother me, I'm too effin busy having fun with it.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:10 PM
ovrebo1
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

I take my car(s) to the track all the time. What is the point to owning a Corvette if all you are going to do is drive it on the street.

Now ignore my comment and carry on with your arguing
Old 06-29-2015, 03:24 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

It is well documented that the car goes into a low-power mode when coolant temps hit 262*. So I'm not sure how they continued, in limp mode no less, and were able to drive coolant/engine temps up another 27* and 14*.

I have no problem with people putting firsthand data out there for us to review and absorb. When we have PDR data and more detail, it's pretty helpful. But dubious claims or outright fabrications aren't really helpful.
S.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:31 PM
ZR1Cat
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by EVL-Z06
I sat there and watched at least 5 new Z06's get PUNISHED ALL DAY LONG, ride after ride after ride! at the Ron Fellows test rides at Indy this weekend. Did not see or hear of one problem with any of them and I'm pretty sure these Drivers were pushing it harder than you do? Unless they have their cars set-up differently, they seemed pretty bullet proof
I was there and watched that happening as I was parked right next to the track near that long line of folks waiting to get to drive. That opportunity was probably the most exciting thing that happened during the three day event. Those ZO6s sure sounded great during those WOT bursts back and forth. But, other than no reported breakdowns (at least as far as I could see), that was not much a test for heat soak or power reduction concerns. I mean it was amateur hour (or really amateur 3 minutes) for folks to get to flog a perfectly nice ZO6 for a few short WOT bursts. I can't imagine many if any of those folks in line had ever been in a ZO6 before, yet alone be able to determine any performance reduction due to that crazy abuse of some beautiful ZO6s. Sure none appeared to experience any break down during that abuse, but what else did it prove? Hey, I love the new ZO6, but GM's work on it is clearly not done.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:42 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by C7_Z06
Well I'm at 7 track days and counting in hot & humid FL. I run at both PBIR and Homestead. I push it too... session after session. I recently literally melted my front tires from hard sessions. So the only thing overheating are my tires... and my sweaty azz. No other "coolant/oil/trans overheating" issues for me neither.. my pads need replacement soon and I am already using 2 new front tires for the track. So the new Z06 is great but there will be folks who'll continue to bash it... doesn't bother me, I'm too effin busy having fun with it.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:22 PM
Mpwr247
Intermediate

I look at this problem like this. All cars have problems some minor some major then they first come out. The manufacturer recalls and fix the issues the car has to limit law suits and to keep their band name going. I had to go dealership for all my bmws. My 2002 m5 had major vanos problems they replaced both units and I was go to go. My 08 m3 had manual transmission replaced after I was getting locked out of second gear car had 2k miles on it. Transmission was 15k job after that no problems. 2013 m5 had oil pump recall after the engine was starved of oil leading to engine failure. My friend waited 3 months for replacement after his car was stuck at the port waiting for parts. I waited a year got 2014 so far so good. Porsche guys with new gt3 had recall on the bolts for the engine block failing leading to car catching on fire some had their car in the dealership for 6 months waiting for new engines. The problem with zo6 is documented the car guys on the forums saying about it. People like me seeing it how the performs, but you guys keep defending Gm. Ok have blow engines, limp modes, overheating issues and keep telling your self my car is the best with no problems. I never track, bmw owners are heating on me because I got a better car. Gm is loving it that's why their warranty is less now then a year ago. Once your warranty runs out you'll be flipping the bill for repairs then I'll see your comments how great the car is. Yeah I'm bwn fan. Bmw stays behind their customers and reads forums to be on top of the problems their car might have or have. The forums are great place for all to weight in good, bad, funny, sad and some times hateful, but to ignore the problems and bash others is a sign of ignorance and in my book ignorance leads to more ignorance and nothing good comes out in the end.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:25 PM
EVL-C8
Pro

Received 244 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1Cat
I was there and watched that happening as I was parked right next to the track near that long line of folks waiting to get to drive. That opportunity was probably the most exciting thing that happened during the three day event. Those ZO6s sure sounded great during those WOT bursts back and forth. But, other than no reported breakdowns (at least as far as I could see), that was not much a test for heat soak or power reduction concerns. I mean it was amateur hour (or really amateur 3 minutes) for folks to get to flog a perfectly nice ZO6 for a few short WOT bursts. I can't imagine many if any of those folks in line had ever been in a ZO6 before, yet alone be able to determine any performance reduction due to that crazy abuse of some beautiful ZO6s. Sure none appeared to experience any break down during that abuse, but what else did it prove? Hey, I love the new ZO6, but GM's work on it is clearly not done.
You do know that the people were not "driving" those cars, right? .... They were actually passengers riding with a professional Ron Fellows instructor. Accelerating to over 130mph, pulling more than 1g around corners, screeching tires through the S-turn at nearly 100mph and then, .... that high speed sweeper! ..... Far from the so called amateur hour/3 minutes you call it? .... and this went on ALL DAY, ride after ride after ride after ride!

Get notified of new replies

To Say all you want how great new ZO6 is, but....

Old 06-29-2015, 04:28 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

This is my thoughts on it. Today I was at willow spring raceway in sunny California temps were in the 100. I drove my 2014 m5 to track days all the time in temps like this or close to this because that's the day I have the itch for fun day and I don't care if the temp that day is high or low. Today I ran all day long,with AC, on best time was 1.38. Two guys bought their zo6 to the track. One had the engine replaced at 53 miles, crazy, but I can understand **** happens. He did the entire track set up and was excited to have his vette for the first time on the track. The second guy was also stock but no track set up. Both ran two sessions and both overheated. They couldn't finish the day both and went home early. I really wanted to love this car but seeing is believing. This car needs a proper cooling system. It's a joke that the car of this caliber can't run on hot days.

Cool story, Bro.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:28 PM
ovrebo1
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

I bet those cars were "prepped" or tested and tuned before to make sure they didn't overheat....
Old 06-29-2015, 04:38 PM
Dabigsnake
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by C7_Z06
Come on man, who you trying to kid? You obviously don't have an A8, or else you drive it easy. I have one and drive it aggressively on the TRACK. Tell the truth, you have a non-Z07 with M7 and steel brakes right? Argue with the BMW guys if you want, but telling me this BS without telling the whole story is just that .....BS. I live in the real World and myself along with any other A8 Z06/07 driving hard at over 80 degrees ambient temp is OVERHEATING!!! WTW. I love my car, just don't like the run around with this issue.

Quick Reply: Say all you want how great new ZO6 is, but....