C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

My Z06 blown engine and poor GM customer Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 03:16 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default My Z06 blown engine and poor GM customer Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been holding off and trying to be civil about my recent issue with my Z06.

to make it short, my engine blew up in my brand new 2015 3LT Z06 w/ z07 pkg with only 28X miles on the odometer on June 24th, 2015.

car was bought from CA and was shipped to CO where I drove it for a total of 120miles in about ~3 months then shipped it Dubai for few weeks and probably drove it ~60miles then to Doha, Qatar where its currently located and drove it the rest of the miles before the incident.

before someone asks,,,, I own multiple properties in different countries around the world, thus the reason why some of my cars fly a lot...

back to the topic. Car was towed next day to the dealer. I was busy and couldn't go to drop the keys off and talk to them the next day so had to go after the weekend (since they were closed). first thing in the morning I show up and received the worst customer service from the dealer (Aljaidah Chevrolet in Doha, Qatar) and really mean the worst customer service.

They looked at the car and figured its an issue in the short block (they don't know exactly what it is) and told me the only way they will fix the car if I am welling to pay for it myself since the warranty is voided due to the car being purchased from a different dealer. I told them i need to understand why they voided my warranty and based on what. since the warranty book with the car says that I can get service and warranty done if I am touring a different country and or have permanently moved to any foreign country other than the United States, Canada, or Mexico that have a Chevrolet dealer and or a dealer that sells GM cars!! Simple easy to understand and was one of my concerns a year ago before I sent one of my vettes to Europe and same this year with this Z06 (I did actually read the warranty book and figured I should be good to go)

Figured you know, this is just a dealer, and I cant blame GM about controlling the behavior of every individual dealer.

So I contacted Kaylee D., Chevrolet Customer Care, username on the forum: Chevy Cust Svc on June 29th to tell her my story and get me on contact with the right person. She responded back the next day and told me she sent all the info to the internal team. Sure enough the next day a lady at GM executive office leaves me a VM with her contact info so that I can call her and discuss the story. after multiple failed attempts to get ahold of her (left with multiple VMs), I finally did after couple days around July 2nd (in which I had to call btw, she didn’t return any of my calls)

she asked me bunch of questions and I told her the complete story about the incident and everything. So she said she will be in contact with me to let me know. few days later I call her back since I didn’t hear back from her and she tells me my case was transferred to another lady and she gave me her extension and phone number. I was like ok. (this is the week of July 6th)

after multiple failed attempts to get a hold of the other lady, she finally calls me back after couple days which was Wed the 8th. I had to repeat the whole story again to her, and she says she will need to contact a different department being the car not in the US. and she will call me back no later than Friday the same week. She was very nice and really made me feel good about the situation and she thanked me for being a loyal customer (since she looked me up and saw that I have owned many chevy cars/trucks)…etc

Friday comes and I waited all day for her call and nothing. So I call her back Monday the 13th and it goes to her VM and it says she will be out of her office and she will not be back till Monday the 20th. In that case I of course didn’t want to wait any longer so I call the main number and leave a voice message so that someone can get a hold of me due to the nature of the situation and that I need immediate assistance.

Couple days later I get a call from a guy on the 15th. of course had to repeat the whole thing again since he doesn’t know my situation. and same thing, he said he needs to get a hold of his supervisor and see how to go about this situation. He told me he will call me no later than friday the same week. I was being funny and just joking around and said thats what the last lady said and she took the whole week off and never called me back. He said oh no I will make sure to follow up with you. I said ok.

sure enough friday comes and he doesn’t call me. at this point I am starting to get really really frustrated. its Friday the 17th, over 3 weeks after the incident and I didn’t get anywhere.

I call him back on monday the 20th, He apologized and said he was waiting on his supervisor who also was waiting on someone else to tell me what to do. He said the way he sees this, is that, it will be handled one of two ways, either they get a hold of the dealership in Qatar and have them fix the car under the warranty, or the worst option is, I will have to pay to fix the car, and will get reimbursed for all the repairs. I said I am fine either way. He advised to wait though till Wed the 22nd and that he should have the final answer to how to go around this situation.

I wait all day Wed, again no calls, I call him late in the afternoon and no response. started to get upset. I call him the next morning, he doesn’t pick up. leave him a message to call me back… all day Thursday and nothing. tried again friday couple times and left a message too, nothing. call him again Monday the 27th (over a month now!!) he doesn’t pick up and doesn’t return my calls. I called him almost every day since and leave him VM nothing he doesn’t call me back or anything. Finally on Friday the 31st I get a hold of him later in the afternoon and was like whats going on!!!!!!

I tell him you said you will call me Wed the 22nd and you never did. I said I called you almost every day after that and didn’t receive a single call back. He tells me, his supervisor advised him not to call me or contact me. and that someone from GM will get a hold of me!!!!!! He goes on saying, GM decided that I need to send the car back to the states and take it to any dealer but has to be the USA!!!!!

I was so pissed off, I told him your supervisor told you not to call me?? not to even at least tell me that I should be waiting on someone else to call me other than him and tell me what he found out??? he said yes. I said ok get me your supervisor that told you that I would like to talk to him to see why would he advise you not to talk to me or call me back at least just to tell me whats going on. he said ok. he puts me on hold. and then a supervisor (a different one) talks me and she starts by apologizing about this whole situation and she said how sorry a loyal customer like me is going through this, but its out of her hand … etc etc. I said you know, what I am really pissed of is the way I am getting treated, and how I call the guy a dozen of times and leave him many messages, and he never calls me back!!! even the last time I got a hold of him, I was the one that actually called him. She admitted that wasnt acceptable and she will definitaly take some action toward that (dont remeber that exact wording, but same meaning) they probably wouldnt even say anything but it made me feel better haha.

she says she will have someone get a hold of me by Wed this week. I said really??? after all this wait and going through all this BS I still have to wait till Wed. She says yea I guess you are right, I will put a note to have someone contact you as soon as possible which will probably be Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Yea heard that before.. and sure enough up till this second no one called me back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a simple issue is turning into a major problem due to poor customer service both from the dealer and GM. at first I thought the dealer I was dealing with had a poor customer service, only to receive even worse treatment from GM!!! Good job!

now they want me to send the car back to the US to get it fixed!!!! really!!??

I currenlty own 6 Corvettes. and have owned probably about 13 in the last 10 years not to mention other chevy cars/trucks and even the executive office were thanking me for being a Loyal customer and this is how I get treated???? I guess they really appreciate my loyalty lol me and my whole family have always bought Chevy and other GM cars. I can’t even list the number of cars total me, my dad, and my brothers have owned!!! I sure didn’t buy them all brand new, but I would say 50% of the time they were.

this will def make me think about buying another corvette, in fact probably any Chevrolet. I now really appreciate other brands that I have bought, as I have been in similar situation (the nature of my business and type of work) and never received this type of customer service. I have owned all kind of cars from normal daily drivers, to trucks, to luxury cars and was always pleased. one situation was when my Panamera engine had a problem in Dubai (which I bought in the US used by the way and had it shipped there after 9 months of owning it) they dealer took it in, and sure at first they had to contact the main Porsche to see about the warranty and sure took about 10 days, but they got approval to fix it under warranty, and car was done in about a month.

look at the compression.

used car VS new car
Both were purchased in the US and had to be fixed at a different county
one car had 12k miles the other had less than 300miles
one car was 2 years old, while the other is still brand new less than 8 months.
One car took 10 days to get the situation sorted, the other been over a month and still no response.
one car was fixed no questions or concern, the dealer even called me about a week later after recieving my car to see if there is any concern and wanted me to participate in a survey to tell them about my experiance,

the other dealer kicked me out of the dealership, had me waiting for over 2 hours, manager didn't even care to come and talk to me by person, and they didn't even bother calling me haha

Thank you GM. Still waiting on your call. seems like no one there really cares!!!!

Last edited by walhan_qtr; 08-04-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Wow...that sucks!
It brings up a lot of questions about how cars are serviced in other countries if they are bought in the US (assuming you bought stateside?) and then sent there.
Good luck.
S.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:28 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Snorman
Wow...that sucks!
It brings up a lot of questions about how cars are serviced in other countries if they are bought in the US (assuming you bought stateside?) and then sent there.
Good luck.
S.
this dealership has all the equipments and a very nice facility. They do sell corvettes and service them normal. Even some cars that are bought in the US or any other country (which I found out recently) you just have to know the right guy to get it done under warranty without a problem like what I am going through!!! but I don't really know anyone there. I spent most of the last 9 years in the US and Dubai, so my connections at this dealership is not that strong... but I shouldn't really need one. GM says in the book you have in your car, page 20, that they will take care of you basically anywhere you are... they are not keeping up to that promise

Last edited by walhan_qtr; 08-04-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Rguy271
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts

Ouch. Keep making calls, Keep everything documented. Look into contacting a lawyer.

Chevrolet should warrant the car especially since there is a local chevrolet dealer.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:31 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

GM is world wide, plaster this on the old world wide web and I bet you get some results fast!
Old 08-04-2015, 03:38 PM
mookiec
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is horrible, sorry you have to deal with this BS.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:45 PM
anders1118
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I would contact my lawyer and sue the living **** out of them!!!!! That is honestly ridiculous. You definitely have more patience then me. Hope you get it resolved.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:48 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by anders1118
I would contact my lawyer and sue the living **** out of them!!!!! That is honestly ridiculous. You definitely have more patience then me. Hope you get it resolved.
I was trying my best to resolve this issue without a hassle. F*** I didn't know it was an issue in the first place. figured the dealership had no idea how to handle the situation and the GM executive office will handle it without a problem. the last guy I talked to (Miles) said most likely GM will have the dealership fix the car OR pay me to get it fixed. so I was ok!!!

my Lawyer will get a call after I hear back from GM. I really rather not go that route, but if I have to then I will. If it goes that direction, this will be the last corvette or chevrolet I buy. just saw how much GM appreciate my business.

Last edited by walhan_qtr; 08-04-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:52 PM
ser2fast
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Can you elaborate on "engine blew up"? As a C7Z owner, I'm curious as to what type of failure you experienced and what was the driving situation?
Old 08-04-2015, 03:53 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ser2fast
Can you elaborate on "engine blew up"? As a C7Z owner, I'm curious as to what type of failure you experienced and what was the driving situation?
I cant, because I personally don't know what happened. other than it died, and now its noisy as hell.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:56 PM
ser2fast
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I understand, keep us updated on what the diagnosis is if you don't mind. Sorry to hear about this and the lack of response from GM.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:58 PM
xp800
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 151 Posts

How about some tactful emails to a few GM folks:

Mary Barra
Jeff Strausser (Corvette Brand Quality Manager)

Can't hurt at this point.

And see page 6 of this doc for others

Last edited by talon90; 09-19-2017 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Email addresses removed at request of the owner's. Internal GM document removed at the request of owner.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:05 PM
GraphicDisorder
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow
Old 08-04-2015, 04:15 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
Wow...that sucks!
Good luck.
S.

He is a straight shooter too! Sad to see good luck!
Old 08-04-2015, 04:20 PM
jbp8653
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Sounds like no one at Chevy wants to step up and make a decision. Passing the buck. In the mean time you are getting strung out. Hope you get it fixed soon
The following users liked this post:
WillRace4Food (02-15-2016)
Old 08-04-2015, 04:26 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

After only two weeks of the run around you speak of, I would have lawyered up and gotten this "handled." It sounds like you have the means - I'd go that route. Time is to valuable to play this game with them. I truly believe GM Customer service was one of the first budgetary cuts they made.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Race Prepared
Burning Brakes

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts

Hopefully, you can get in contact with someone at GM with an ounce of decency and get your car repaired in Dubai. Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To My Z06 blown engine and poor GM customer Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-04-2015, 04:40 PM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

That is textbook IMO on how NOT to handle CS!!!!
Old 08-04-2015, 04:47 PM
nhpln
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
GM is world wide, plaster this on the old world wide web and I bet you get some results fast!
I would have suggested to send this to Jalopnik but since they're trying to get back on GM's good side (after scooping the C7 design and crashing a 2016 Camaro during a press event), they probably wouldn't run it. Good luck OP.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:48 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

[QUOTE=xp800;1590198594]How about some tactful emails to a few GM folks:

Mary Barra
Jeff Strausser (Corvette Brand Quality Manager)

Can't hurt at this point.

And see page 6 of this doc for others:

Thank you. Didnt know such info was available. I will def get couple emails sent out. Will not even attempt to call them today. But for sure will do tomorrow and talk to the supervisor that i talked to on friday. I told here she will here from me Wed if no one calls me.

Last edited by talon90; 09-19-2017 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Email addresses removed at the request owners. Internal GM document removed at the request of owners.

Quick Reply: My Z06 blown engine and poor GM customer Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!