C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Official C7 Z06 Fast List - Provide all information and Slips/Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 02:30 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
A nice move indeed J.Abbott! I don't have EFI live or I'd be happy to do an analysis like I do of timing splits, etc. for anyone interested, but regardless, offering the files should squelch any further discussion about what's going on with the tune (or not tuned, in this case).

The consistency of Mr. Farmer's passes show he's no newbie to the track.

A couple of quick questions if I could.

1. What does it mean there are "10 events" on the computer report? Does every time you download the tune to look at it store "an event"? Not trying to help my buddy commit warranty fraud but trying to understand what "an event" is.

2. The scaling on the graph makes it pretty hard to read. Does Mr. Farmer's car pull a ton of timing on each shift, to 0 or even negative? Seems it's pulling timing but the graph is too small to tell. What is the max negative value the timing hits on shifts?

p.s. you really have a great selection of parts for Vettes and a good website, you're helping my buddy and me get his 68 back to top condition. Easy to order straight from my phone, worked perfectly, kudos to your web guy and inventory guy.
Joe,
Thanks for the compliments on the store.
The 10 events means that there are 10 section of history, 9 of our sections are 0 with hex FFFF meaning that nothing has ever been in them. The 1st one is the factory Calibration. You may have some cars that 2 cals in them like our 14 Z51. The factory did their first cal and then our car was one of the ones that were held up and it has a second calibration in it. Once it is there you can not remove it. It is why I said I would show it earlier, it is the absolute on if a car has a calibration in it or not. The Transmission does not show history, but is shows all the factory calibrations with checksums on it. I don't know of a way to confirm these but anyone is welcome to if they can, the data is right there.
On the scan, yes the car retards on every shift, it is part of torque management. Its hard to say which one is causing what, but the knock retard is 5.3 degrees but the overall timing is -15 degrees in the shift. This happens for .350 seconds from the point there is full timing to back to full timing. Doesn't seem like allot but that happens four times in the quarter. You can't eliminate this without tuning though and it may or may not help. The car is still accelerating just not 100% during that .350 seconds.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:37 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
Joe,
Thanks for the compliments on the store.
The 10 events means that there are 10 section of history, 9 of our sections are 0 with hex FFFF meaning that nothing has ever been in them. The 1st one is the factory Calibration. You may have some cars that 2 cals in them like our 14 Z51. The factory did their first cal and then our car was one of the ones that were held up and it has a second calibration in it. Once it is there you can not remove it. It is why I said I would show it earlier, it is the absolute on if a car has a calibration in it or not. The Transmission does not show history, but is shows all the factory calibrations with checksums on it. I don't know of a way to confirm these but anyone is welcome to if they can, the data is right there.
On the scan, yes the car retards on every shift, it is part of torque management. Its hard to say which one is causing what, but the knock retard is 5.3 degrees but the overall timing is -15 degrees in the shift. This happens for .350 seconds from the point there is full timing to back to full timing. Doesn't seem like allot but that happens four times in the quarter. You can't eliminate this without tuning though and it may or may not help. The car is still accelerating just not 100% during that .350 seconds.
Excellent, good to know, thanks for the info on the calibration info. I'd always wondered how that works, now we know.

My friend's pulls that much timing too - but your point was my point too, even in my manual car I cut power when I shift, you have to do it if you want a trans to live so I don't see that affecting ET that much.

Are you seeing the big lag between pedal going WOT and the throttle blade following suit? I think that's what is slowing these cars down with the stock tune.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:47 PM
Zip Corvettes

Excellent, good to know, thanks for the info on the calibration info. I'd always wondered how that works, now we know.

My friend's pulls that much timing too - but your point was my point too, even in my manual car I cut power when I shift, you have to do it if you want a trans to live so I don't see that affecting ET that much.

Are you seeing the big lag between pedal going WOT and the throttle blade following suit? I think that's what is slowing these cars down with the stock tune.
The throttle closes to 50% for the same amount of time. The biggest advantage of the 8spd though is there is only a drop of about 1200 RPM's in the shift. It makes one more shift and is in 5th through the traps but the RPM drop is a huge difference.

With all the above, these were the last runs of this car stock. Will is going to be testing some items for us that are bolt on before we release them. Our plan though is to not modify the PCM in anyway. Our goal is to run in the 9's with the factory warranty on the car. We will keep everyone update in this thread as I am sure Will will be posting his times. Like I said though, we plan on NO PCM modifications.

Last edited by Zip Corvettes; 03-23-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:51 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

The throttle closes to 50% for the same amount of time. The biggest advantage of the 8spd though is there is only a drop of about 1200 RPM's in the shift. It makes one more shift and is in 5th through the traps but the RPM drop is a huge difference.

With all the above, these were the last runs of this car stock. Will is going to be testing some items for us that are bolt on before we release them. Our plan though is to not modify the PCM in anyway. Our goal is to run in the 9's with the factory warranty on the car. We will keep everyone update in this thread as I am sure Will will be posting his times. Like I said though, we plan on PCM modifications.
That'll be amazing if you can get it done! Looking forward to keeping up with your progress.

Do you have that big throttle lag upon launch? You floor the car then 1.8 seconds or so later it finally opens the throttle blade 100%?
Old 03-23-2016, 10:55 AM
Zip Corvettes

That'll be amazing if you can get it done! Looking forward to keeping up with your progress.

Do you have that big throttle lag upon launch? You floor the car then 1.8 seconds or so later it finally opens the throttle blade 100%?
I meant to say NO PCM modifications above. Yes the throttle is very slow to go WOT, almost 2 seconds before a full 83.5% throttle which is WOT.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:17 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

I meant to say NO PCM modifications above. Yes the throttle is very slow to go WOT, almost 2 seconds before a full 83.5% throttle which is WOT.
Well that's consistent with what my buddy is seeing.

I'm meeting a buddy with his new Z that's been modded with headers and a pulley and tune on Friday, hopefully the weather will permit a track visit while he's in town. I'll try to get a scan while we're at it.

If you can get the mods you are talking about and stock PCM calibration, you're going to have a winner on your hands! I'm rooting for you and I'll be watching.

Snorman I'm sorry for taking this thread a little off track with this post and I'll stop now, if my buddy gets a time worthy of posting I will have him post up details and a screen shot of his scan, will be interesting to see if his tune permits a faster WOT throttle time given I'm sure some torque management parameters have been modified..
Old 03-23-2016, 02:10 PM
wfarmer.z
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Fore58
I am assuming the runs were made on drag radial? Thanks
Yes, the two runs that correspond with the info J. Abbott posted were indeed Drag Radials, CCW wheels front and rear.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:06 PM
ncrowe
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
Updated.
Please include a full picture of the timeslip to include date, track and all incrementals for future addition.
S.
My car is M7 - saw it was listed as A8

Thanks
Old 03-27-2016, 06:44 PM
Slow Poke
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Sad to say but it looks like the short winter season is over in S. Florida. Here was my best run on Jan 24 with my 15 A8 using only the stock non-Z07 tires, the Haltech CAI with a home made front bumper induction scoop and the Fasterproms heat exchanger box. No PCM tuning and 96 octane. This run was run at high noon with an air temp of 66F and a DA of +700 ft which is pretty good at PBIR.

Front Bumper Scoop helped make the 105 mph in the 1/8 and 132 mph top end.

Pass on PDR

Last edited by Slow Poke; 03-31-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:30 AM
Pit Pro Pudge
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021

This is to follow-up what I said I was going to do.
2016 A8 Z07 Stock / Stock Cup2's. Total of 6 runs. The 4 PDR videos correspond with the 4 tickets. The best run and the worst run coincidentally were the 2 times I forgot to hit record on the PDR. 1st time ever drag racing any car. The Amp guys that set the record there that night actually helped me get a comfortable rhythm to set the track modes correctly and do successful burnouts to heat up the tires. My tires were still spinning especially in the left lane.

These are the 4 times on video in order.

Thanks Brian and congrats on accomplishing your goal! World Record!

This is the total 6 runs in order.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:08 AM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Pit Pro Pudge
This is to follow-up what I said I was going to do.
2016 A8 Z07 Stock / Stock Cup2's. Total of 6 runs. The 4 PDR videos correspond with the 4 tickets. The best run and the worst run coincidentally were the 2 times I forgot to hit record on the PDR. 1st time ever drag racing any car. The Amp guys that set the record there that night actually helped me get a comfortable rhythm to set the track modes correctly and do successful burnouts to heat up the tires. My tires were still spinning especially in the left lane.

These are the 4 times on video in order.https://youtu.be/gk3EM5ded0c
https://youtu.be/vECHhkCezNQ
https://youtu.be/Ce6eYWHcO9U
https://youtu.be/R0kxGhxlBc8

Thanks Brian and congrats on accomplishing your goal! World Record!

This is the total 6 runs in order.
Your 60' time will come down will practice, but your mph is quite a ways off. Did you have TC on by chance? What octane fuel was in your tank? Are you sure you kept it floored all the way through the end of the track? Not trying to be sarcastic, just trying to help. Your car should be putting up way more mph than these runs.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:38 PM
Pit Pro Pudge
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by 1QUICK Z
Your 60' time will come down will practice, but your mph is quite a ways off. Did you have TC on by chance? What octane fuel was in your tank? Are you sure you kept it floored all the way through the end of the track? Not trying to be sarcastic, just trying to help. Your car should be putting up way more mph than these runs.
No TC , I tried to find the best track mode to launch from which I used most of the PTM modes 2-5. 5 Race caused a lot of wheel spin and subsequently my worst time. Once I settled in on sport 2-4 I stayed more consistent. I did have some premium gas from Buckey's. I know. ... However I'm a little nervous about losing control being my first time on the tracks. So I still got to learn how to feel the tires spinning and how to floor it, Which I think was WOT.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:32 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Pit Pro Pudge
No TC , I tried to find the best track mode to launch from which I used most of the PTM modes 2-5. 5 Race caused a lot of wheel spin and subsequently my worst time. Once I settled in on sport 2-4 I stayed more consistent. I did have some premium gas from Buckey's. I know. ... However I'm a little nervous about losing control being my first time on the tracks. So I still got to learn how to feel the tires spinning and how to floor it, Which I think was WOT.
This website has helped a good many of us, it's geared more to the manual Vette but there is still excellent guidance here.

www.rangeracceleration.com

Also, if you can find and "old hand" at racing Vettes at your track, I imagine they'd be more than happy to help you. We used to really have a great time helping new guys in our Corvette Challenge and we ended up making some friends that are still friends long after they have sold their Corvettes.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:00 PM
HarmonZ
7th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CmDkX0jqA

2015 A8 Z07
ProCharger F1
Headers
Cam
Methanol on 93 Octane
Street tires and full interior.
Build and tuned by Advanced Modern Performance in DFW.
1109 RWHP.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:52 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,504 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by HarmonZ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CmDkX0jqA

2015 A8 Z07
ProCharger F1
Headers
Cam
Methanol on 93 Octane
1109 RWHP.

Fantastic pass!
Old 03-29-2016, 10:42 AM
NGS
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

2015 A8 Z07
ProCharger F1
Headers
Cam
Methanol on 93 Octane
1109 RWHP.
Impressive!

1.4x-60' on street tires...even more impressive.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:00 PM
h3mpking
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

Can we add a standing mile section? I noticed a lot of Z06's out at the Texas Mile.

Edit..Standing mile and half mile. More of these events are starting to pop up around the country.

Last edited by h3mpking; 04-03-2016 at 09:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tail_lights (04-04-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Official C7 Z06 Fast List - Provide all information and Slips/Video

Old 04-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I'll get this updated over the next couple of days. I'm just coming off a race weekend and the prep leading up to it coupled with work and travel, so haven't been able to get to it for a bit.
S.
The following users liked this post:
tail_lights (04-04-2016)
Old 04-06-2016, 08:34 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

2015 A8 Z07
ProCharger F1
Headers
Cam
Methanol on 93 Octane
1109 RWHP.
Wow, VERY impressive, ESPECIALLY on a 'non-sticky compound' street tire!
What brand/model of tire is that on the back?
Old 04-07-2016, 03:55 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Oh wait, maybe he'd actually meant "street tires" on the front only (ie: no skinnies)? Those do look like drag radials on the back but I could be wrong. Still a crazy fast pass either way.

Quick Reply: Official C7 Z06 Fast List - Provide all information and Slips/Video