C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Very small problem with leather on seat - hoping it doesn't become a big problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 01:55 PM
TeamOGI
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very small problem with leather on seat - hoping it doesn't become a big problem

I found this spot on the passenger seat a couple of days ago and just got back from the dealer earlier this morning. They say they have a guy who can make it go away and that if I am not happy they can replace the seat cover. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue come up and if so how it was handled. It is very seldom that anyone sits in the passenger seat, so I have to believe that the leather is just too thin. When I move my finger across the area, it seems to want to roll up into a ball - I haven't tried to do anything yet, so I am looking for suggestions. I know that it is small, I am worried that it will continue to grow.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Is that a bit of the surface flaking?
S.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:12 PM
esemes
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

looks like a tear in the surface to me. briefcase or???
Old 08-26-2015, 03:18 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,924 Likes on 5,330 Posts

It is hard to tell what that spot is in your picture. Most automotive leather is coated and I think all of GM's leather is coated. The coating protects the leather and makes it easier to clean and care for. That could be a spot where the coating came off. Let the dealer try and fix it. If that doesn't work you have until the 3/36 warranty runs out to get the skin replaced. I wouldn't be too concerned about it since you have plenty of time to have it addressed. If it is a tear Vs a spot the same options apply.

Bill
Old 08-26-2015, 03:35 PM
mdz06vetter
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 90 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by esemes
looks like a tear in the surface to me. briefcase or???
Agree, something that definitely penetrated the surface and that is what you are feeling ball up
Old 08-27-2015, 07:25 AM
TeamOGI
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is part of the leather surface flaking - don't use a briefcase and it is very rare that anyone even sits in the passenger side - my thought is that the leather was too thin and has pealed back on it's own. Nothing ever punctured it and it is not just a coating. There are actually two layers, an upper perforated section and a solid section underneath. I will try to get a better picture later today.

Get notified of new replies

To Very small problem with leather on seat - hoping it doesn't become a big problem

Quick Reply: Very small problem with leather on seat - hoping it doesn't become a big problem