C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7Z test on German sister forum - Interesting!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 08:46 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Default C7Z test on German sister forum - Interesting!

Thread location: Tikt C7 Z06 x-ssive

Hint - copy/paste the German text and use translate.google.com; concentrate on the posts by TIKT Performance.

The following users liked this post:
Harbgrogan (08-17-2019)
Old 09-12-2015, 09:22 PM
stevebz06
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 205 Posts

That was only about 180 mph. Probably not enough to impress most German motor heads.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by stevebz06
That was only about 180 mph. Probably not enough to impress most German motor heads.
That's certainly true. But the video only constitutes a mere 1% or so of the tested topics as they are covered by the other posts in the thread that I mentioned in post # 1.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:00 AM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

He got up to 188 MPH.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:08 AM
stevebz06
Melting Slicks

You cheated and calculated it! Just my observation that a lot of Germans are extremely biased in favor of their own country's products and will find ways to rationalize their preferences in pretty creative ways. I have to admit that I would like to have a GT3 sitting in my driveway too.

In fairness, it was probably a German who's comment about Corvettes in Europe being regarded as somewhat exotic that finally got me over the hurdle of anti Corvette bias.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:47 AM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

You cheated and calculated it! Just my observation that a lot of Germans are extremely biased in favor of their own country's products and will find ways to rationalize their preferences in pretty creative ways. I have to admit that I would like to have a GT3 sitting in my driveway too.

In fairness, it was probably a German who's comment about Corvettes in Europe being regarded as somewhat exotic that finally got me over the hurdle of anti Corvette bias.
I'm a little confused, who is "you" in your post? And what is calculated?
Old 09-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Fore58
Safety Car

Received 598 Likes on 453 Posts

303 km/h calculates to 187.86 mph to be exact ........l call that very impressive on the autobahn.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:35 PM
stevebz06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z06Ronald
I'm a little confused, who is "you" in your post? And what is calculated?
I'm confused that you are confused. I was talking to you. I assumed that you had used some data base to give a more accurate number than my wag.

I was just trying to point out that there are a lot of cars on the autobahn that can do that kind of speed. Personally I am glad that top speed numbers are becoming less important in defining street car performance. Some members here made a big deal on this forum about the top speed of the C7 Z being slower than the ZR1, but how often do you drive 200 mph? I'm glad that the emphasis is on all around performance. I'm just guessing that the guys who did this video have seen higher top speeds before in different cars.

It was a good video. Thanks for posting.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:25 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

I'm confused that you are confused. I was talking to you. I assumed that you had used some data base to give a more accurate number than my wag.

I was just trying to point out that there are a lot of cars on the autobahn that can do that kind of speed. Personally I am glad that top speed numbers are becoming less important in defining street car performance. Some members here made a big deal on this forum about the top speed of the C7 Z being slower than the ZR1, but how often do you drive 200 mph? I'm glad that the emphasis is on all around performance. I'm just guessing that the guys who did this video have seen higher top speeds before in different cars.

It was a good video. Thanks for posting.
Aha, apparently you have merely watched the video, nothing more, nothing less.
There's nothing wrong with that, but the real relevant information is in the thread of which I added the link in post #1.

I have no reason nor intention to cheat or being biased, neither has Tomislav. This article about his record stetting 850+ hp "Triple X" C6 ZR1 may convince you that he is a Corvette aficionado at heart.
Tommy's real world findings about the C7Z (that he owns!), both pros and cons, are definitely worth reading. It'll take some effort - because it's in German - so again my advice is to use Google translate.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:58 PM
stevebz06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z06Ronald
Aha, apparently you have merely watched the video, nothing more, nothing less.
There's nothing wrong with that, but the real relevant information is in the thread of which I added the link in post #1.

I have no reason nor intention to cheat or being biased, neither has Tomislav. This article about his record stetting 850+ hp "Triple X" C6 ZR1 may convince you that he is a Corvette aficionado at heart.
Tommy's real world findings about the C7Z (that he owns!), both pros and cons, are definitely worth reading. It'll take some effort - because it's in German - so again my advice is to use Google translate.

I was just commenting about the video clip that you posted which basically showed the car being topped out on the autobahn. If there is one performance shortcoming for the Z06 compared to your average supercar, it would be top speed. My comment about you "cheating" was tongue-in-cheek and not meant to be serious. I just used my little formula that I can quickly convert KPH to MPH which is not perfect but works well enough when I'm driving along in a metric instrumented car. I just mentally relate better to miles.

Please don't take offense at what I said, I never anticipated that it would perceived as a slight. I didn't watch the whole video because, being out in the boondocks, I have to pay exorbitant amounts of money for my data plan and I skip most videos.

As far as being a Corvette aficionado, I'd rather see a skeptic (like Jeremy Clark) being converted than a died-in-the-wool fan stating his loyalty. Sometimes the believers are too willing to overlook shortcomings.

A friend of mine is going to place an order soon and I've been promised a drive. I always like to drive before I buy, so I can't wait!
The following users liked this post:
Harbgrogan (08-17-2019)
Old 09-13-2015, 08:50 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

I was just commenting about the video clip that you posted which basically showed the car being topped out on the autobahn. If there is one performance shortcoming for the Z06 compared to your average supercar, it would be top speed. My comment about you "cheating" was tongue-in-cheek and not meant to be serious. I just used my little formula that I can quickly convert KPH to MPH which is not perfect but works well enough when I'm driving along in a metric instrumented car. I just mentally relate better to miles.

Please don't take offense at what I said, I never anticipated that it would perceived as a slight. I didn't watch the whole video because, being out in the boondocks, I have to pay exorbitant amounts of money for my data plan and I skip most videos.

As far as being a Corvette aficionado, I'd rather see a skeptic (like Jeremy Clark) being converted than a died-in-the-wool fan stating his loyalty. Sometimes the believers are too willing to overlook shortcomings.

A friend of mine is going to place an order soon and I've been promised a drive. I always like to drive before I buy, so I can't wait!
I didn't take it as an offense Steve. We all share the same passion, don't we?
Old 08-17-2019, 12:21 PM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

I put my deposit down for a C7 in August of 2013, and received the car that October. When the car arrived, courtesy delivery in CA from MacMulkin, it was the first time I had laid eyes on a C7 in person, never mind not having sat in it, or driven it. Many others bought the car sight unseen as well. I was blown away.

At this point, I have faith in the vette engineers and designers. Every iteration is an improvement on the last. C7 was a HUGE improvement on C6, and I expect no less this time around.

Everyone is in such a crazed hurry. Take a moment to relax and smell the exhaust.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Deepdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 430 Likes on 251 Posts

there's something weird about the C7 sales numbers shown at the 9:25 mark.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:44 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 99 Posts

Stupid.

Clicktrash.

Get notified of new replies

To C7Z test on German sister forum - Interesting!

Quick Reply: C7Z test on German sister forum - Interesting!