C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports
View Poll Results: Have you or do you ever plan on tracking your car?
Yes.
41.03%
No.
58.97%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Why buy a Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 07:53 PM
jayhawker125@hotmail
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why buy a Z06?

Hey everyone I'm an automotive design student doing some research for me thesis project (Corvette C9).

I want to ask you guys a few questions regarding your purchase so I can design a kick *** Corvette.

Note: Some of the questions may seem personal so if you feel compelled to answer them you can always PM me.

1) Have you or do you ever plan on tracking the car? If you have how often have you been?

2) Manual or auto?

3) Why a Z06?

4) If you could have any car what would it be and why?

5) What is your age?

6) What is your income? (again this one is optional since it may be very personal)

7) Do you have a family? If so how many members in your immediate family?

8) Is there anything about the Z06 that you wish you could change for the next generation?

Thanks an advance for the input. Hopefully if it is kick *** enough you will see some images of the model on autoblog in a few months time.

-Sean
Old 09-21-2015, 07:58 PM
ZnammZ06
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

1) Have you or do you ever plan on tracking the car? If you have how often have you been? Plan to track the car when I can. No track in Hawaii

2) Manual or auto? M7

3) Why a Z06? 1st American Supercar; it have the Ferrari beauty and performance without the price & the handmade interiors of course; came from BMW M5 and M6 and P C2S.

4) If you could have any car what would it be and why? McLaren 650S, it just such a beautiful car with so much potential.

5) What is your age? 30

6) What is your income? (again this one is optional since it may be very personal) On W-2, 43K a years, actual income: 120-140K a year.

7) Do you have a family? If so how many members in your immediate family? Just me and my wife.

8) Is there anything about the Z06 that you wish you could change for the next generation? DCT, Rear Engine setup.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:53 PM
jayhawker125@hotmail
Cruising

Awesome thanks for being so thorough. Keep them coming.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:35 PM
JDC PDX
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

1) Have you or do you ever plan on tracking the car? Not yet, but plan to.

2) Manual or auto? Manual

3) Why a Z06? Tired of paying Porsche tax. Best bang for buck.

4) If you could have any car what would it be and why? 458 Speciale

5) What is your age? 46

6) What is your income? Pass

7) Do you have a family? If so how many members in your immediate family? Wife and two kids (13 and 10)

8) Is there anything about the Z06 that you wish you could change for the next generation? Reduce the stock wheel gap, six speed instead of 7 on manual and DCT instead of Automatic
Old 09-21-2015, 09:53 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

You might want to also consult SEMA's data, particularly for their surveys of Corvette owners, which will provide insight into some of those questions. Manufacturers of aftermarket products are particularly interested in who buys these cars and why, so that they can target owners in the aftermarket. Their industry trade group does surveys much like this on a regular basis.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:00 PM
jayhawker125@hotmail
Cruising

Originally Posted by CaryBob
You might want to also consult SEMA's data, particularly for their surveys of Corvette owners, which will provide insight into some of those questions. Manufacturers of aftermarket products are particularly interested in who buys these cars and why, so that they can target owners in the aftermarket. Their industry trade group does surveys much like this on a regular basis.
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I will be sure to look into that.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:05 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by JDC PDX
1) Have you or do you ever plan on tracking the car? Not yet, but plan to.

2) Manual or auto? Manual

3) Why a Z06? Tired of paying Porsche tax. Best bang for buck.

4) If you could have any car what would it be and why? 458 Speciale

5) What is your age? 46

6) What is your income? Pass

7) Do you have a family? If so how many members in your immediate family? Wife and two kids (13 and 10)

8) Is there anything about the Z06 that you wish you could change for the next generation? Reduce the stock wheel gap, six speed instead of 7 on manual and DCT instead of Automatic
I'm 15 and let me tell ya, I wish my parents owned sports cars (except they aren't really car people, they do support me as a car enthusiast though). Do your kids ever get dropped off to school in the Z06?
Old 09-21-2015, 10:57 PM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by four0nefive
I'm 15 and let me tell ya, I wish my parents owned sports cars (except they aren't really car people, they do support me as a car enthusiast though). Do your kids ever get dropped off to school in the Z06?
I drop my kid off at school on occasion, I daily drive this Z06. He is 13 and in the 9th grade
Old 09-21-2015, 11:03 PM
JDC PDX
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

I pick them up all the time in the Z06. Drive them to various practices in it, too.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:06 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by jaden61
I drop my kid off at school on occasion, I daily drive this Z06. He is 13 and in the 9th grade
Dude he must be pretty popular! thumbs Funny story, last year some kid on the "School Rides" section sent in a picture of his dad's $90k M3 and he got called out on it not being his car (not in the yearbook of course).

Sorry for the off topic OP!
Old 09-22-2015, 11:50 AM
emericr
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good luck with your research

Originally Posted by jayhawker125@hotmail
Hey everyone I'm an automotive design student doing some research for me thesis project (Corvette C9).

I want to ask you guys a few questions regarding your purchase so I can design a kick *** Corvette.

Note: Some of the questions may seem personal so if you feel compelled to answer them you can always PM me.

1) Have you or do you ever plan on tracking the car? If you have how often have you been? Yes, a few times a per year.

2) Manual or auto? A8

3) Why a Z06? Looks better than the Stingray (wider body gives it a much stronger presence), more horsepower , got have the top dog in the line.

4) If you could have any car what would it be and why? The One if money was truly unlimited as a garage queen (top dog in that category) and an Aventador for a DD (looks amazing, NA V12).

5) What is your age? just turned 45.

6) What is your income? (again this one is optional since it may be very personal) - Pass

7) Do you have a family? If so how many members in your immediate family? Married - No kids

8) Is there anything about the Z06 that you wish you could change for the next generation? Even better interior with corvette only parts and customization ala Porsche without the crazy pricing, option to lower the car to avoid 4*4 look, a more distinctive exterior to differentiate from the base stingray, no more heat related issues, Matte paint option.

Thanks an advance for the input. Hopefully if it is kick *** enough you will see some images of the model on autoblog in a few months time.

-Sean
Old 09-22-2015, 12:00 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

What School OP?
Old 09-22-2015, 01:54 PM
FiremanC7
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

1) Have you or do you ever plan on tracking the car? If you have how often have you been? Yes, once so far.

2) Manual or auto? Manual of course!

3) Why a Z06? Horsepower & handling!

4) If you could have any car what would it be and why? My Z06 because it is the best handling car that I have ever owned and due to the "Corvette Community" of like minded owners. It's a fellowship.

5) What is your age? 58

6) What is your income? (again this one is optional since it may be very personal) $250,000

7) Do you have a family? If so how many members in your immediate family? 3

8) Is there anything about the Z06 that you wish you could change for the next generation? A more precise gear shifter would be nice.

-Sean
There is another car that I would love to have...a 1967 Ford Mustang Convertible...it was my first car and I owned it when I met my wife. There are a lot of great memories associated with that car!

BobD
Old 09-22-2015, 02:12 PM
jayhawker125@hotmail
Cruising

Originally Posted by ATC399
What School OP?
Art Center College of Design
Old 09-22-2015, 02:27 PM
jayhawker125@hotmail
Cruising

Just to tease you guys. This is the "title page" so to speak for the project.

Name:  title page USA!.jpg
Views: 1403
Size:  4.00 MB
Old 09-22-2015, 03:08 PM
GraphicDisorder
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to tease you guys. This is the "title page" so to speak for the project.

Attachment 47917859

1) Have you or do you ever plan on tracking the car? If you have how often have you been? Plan to at some point.

2) Manual or auto? Auto

3) Why a Z06? Value for dollar is off the scale.

4) If you could have any car what would it be and why? Any car, P1 or La Ferrari, but those aren't remotely practical. So 458 or 488.

5) What is your age? 36

6) What is your income? (again this one is optional since it may be very personal) Kind of personal so I will be vague at north of 200k a year.

7) Do you have a family? If so how many members in your immediate family? I have a GF of 14 yrs.

8) Is there anything about the Z06 that you wish you could change for the next generation? Overheating, fit and finish, attention to detail, how you are treated at a dealer, etc.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:55 PM
elroth
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ZnammZ06

6) What is your income? (again this one is optional since it may be very personal) On W-2, 43K a years, actual income: 120-140K a year.
Nice! I love tax cheats who make the rest of us pay their fair share as well as our own.

I just sent your alias, the website info and a copy of your post to IRS.

Maybe they'll catch you maybe they won't.

Have a nice day!

Get notified of new replies

To Why buy a Z06?

Old 09-22-2015, 04:14 PM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

1) Have you or do you ever plan on tracking the car? If you have how often have you been? NO

2) Manual or auto? AUTO

3) Why a Z06? WANTED ONE-FINALLY CAME OUT WITH A GOOD LOOKING Z06 A8 VETTE

4) If you could have any car what would it be and why? UNI MOG AMG! THE MOST WICKED VEHICLE ON THE PLANET IMHO.

5) What is your age? 53

6) What is your income? BETWEEN 750K AND 7 FIGURES

7) Do you have a family? If so how many members in your immediate family? MARRIED DAUGHTER JUST MY BRIDE NOW

8) Is there anything about the Z06 that you wish you could change for the next generation? OIL INGESTION PROBLEM, FIT FINISH ON THE INSIDE. MINE HAS RATTLES AND SQUEAKS. NON RACE TIRES OPTION SAFE FOR RAIN AND HIGH QUALITY LEATHER.

-Sean

See bold above..
Old 09-22-2015, 05:36 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

My kids are in their mid and late 40s and (living thousands of miles away) rarely ride in my Z06. But years ago when I occasionally dropped them off to school in my older Corvettes, they wore ear-to-ear grins.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:04 PM
TRT SR
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 102 Posts

No plans on track use, going to the Ron Fellow school in the spring, thanks GM! Mine is a 7 speed...had a 2012 Grand Sport, wanted the next generation. Think the new Lamborghini Huracan is sweet, but our Z06s beat it! haha.. I am 56 and have two boys, 23 and 25. Both love the car but our son who is 25 lives in Boca Raton Florida, the land of too many rich people who drive Lambos, Ferraris and Bugattis. He thinks the Z is off the charts and the first time he drove it hit 125mph, little ****! Wish I had the front camera option, now available with the 2016. Love this car and will of course be interested in the next one, Zora or whatever its called.

Quick Reply: Why buy a Z06?