C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Trans issues during track day

Old 09-26-2015, 11:44 AM
Orange Z06 Girl
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans issues during track day

Our car had issues yesterday. It has 13000 miles on it. It had been in for a trans reflashed at 8500 miles due to taking a pause before going into gear then shifting hard like a race trans. The hard shift came back but we hadn't had time to get it reflashed. Here is what hap poo need yesterday...Well on road course it was revving higher than redline in drive. Hubby had noticed it when instructor was driving and asked if he was shifting it or in d. He was in d. He didnt think much of it...didnt even mention it to me at that time. When I drove after lunch it worked fine for a couple laps. Then when I was on the straight it stayed in 3rd (I was leaving it in d but using paddles to shift down on Corners...but normally the trans will shift itself up). I saw it red lined and shifted up one then it went on up as normal. I thought maybe hot so I ran a couple laps easy. Got back on it the next lap and it hung up in 4th. Shifted up manually and worked fine. I went another lap but the as send came around twice and it felt like hot tires so I came in to let it rest before hubby session. It sat about 25 minutes. He went to take it out and it acted like the converter wouldn't lock up. Let it sit a while and it went into gear and moved normal...drove in a big circle and it lost oomph after a couple seconds. Let it rest and restarted and it worked a little. The trans temp was only 180 so it wasn't boiling fluid. I had kept the trans temp on the screen because I knew others had issues with heat in a8. Kinda acts like low fluid. Hubby said there is nowhere to even check it.

We had it towed to the dealer we bought it from. They suck at customer service so we had taken it to a dealer 150 miles away for the transmission flash. Hopefully it's a quick easy fix. Our car has 390 quarter mile passes, 5 hpde and 13 autox events...we don't baby it at all.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:28 PM
Dabigsnake
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Orange Z06 Girl
Our car had issues yesterday. It has 13000 miles on it. It had been in for a trans reflashed at 8500 miles due to taking a pause before going into gear then shifting hard like a race trans. The hard shift came back but we hadn't had time to get it reflashed. Here is what hap poo need yesterday...Well on road course it was revving higher than redline in drive. Hubby had noticed it when instructor was driving and asked if he was shifting it or in d. He was in d. He didnt think much of it...didnt even mention it to me at that time. When I drove after lunch it worked fine for a couple laps. Then when I was on the straight it stayed in 3rd (I was leaving it in d but using paddles to shift down on Corners...but normally the trans will shift itself up). I saw it red lined and shifted up one then it went on up as normal. I thought maybe hot so I ran a couple laps easy. Got back on it the next lap and it hung up in 4th. Shifted up manually and worked fine. I went another lap but the as send came around twice and it felt like hot tires so I came in to let it rest before hubby session. It sat about 25 minutes. He went to take it out and it acted like the converter wouldn't lock up. Let it sit a while and it went into gear and moved normal...drove in a big circle and it lost oomph after a couple seconds. Let it rest and restarted and it worked a little. The trans temp was only 180 so it wasn't boiling fluid. I had kept the trans temp on the screen because I knew others had issues with heat in a8. Kinda acts like low fluid. Hubby said there is nowhere to even check it.

We had it towed to the dealer we bought it from. They suck at customer service so we had taken it to a dealer 150 miles away for the transmission flash. Hopefully it's a quick easy fix. Our car has 390 quarter mile passes, 5 hpde and 13 autox events...we don't baby it at all.
Damn, girl, glad to see ya running it as it was supposed to be run. That's a lot of passes and turns. I'm somewhat confused, how can it rev higher than redline without hitting rev limiter? When driving hard in Drive, and in Track mode, when paddling up or down there is a lag, that can sometimes baffle you. The algorithm for the Drive mode takes over sometimes and will not allow you to up shift with your foot to the floor at lower RPM (seems like) In manual mode this is no problem. Not that this is your whole issue, but? reflash of trans? mine learned itself and Ive have no issues, but I have heard of some w hard shifting needing a reflash? Good luck, and keep us posted
Old 09-27-2015, 10:10 PM
Orange Z06 Girl
Advanced

Thank you. We are still waiting to hear from Chevy. The Rev limiter was kic king in but it was over 6500 I think. I had the pdr on and after the second time it just shut off. I'm not at home to watch it over and over to see issues. It didn't display any warnings..just acted up.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:35 PM
doveboat
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This last comment made me smile when I read it !! That's good usage

"Our car has 390 quarter mile passes, 5 hpde and 13 autox events"

Enjoy, Ed
Old 09-28-2015, 06:37 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by doveboat
This last comment made me smile when I read it !! That's good usage

"Our car has 390 quarter mile passes, 5 hpde and 13 autox events"

Enjoy, Ed
Hopefully tthe issue gets sorted! Also noticed you're in Washington, where do you autocross and drag race?

Last edited by four0nefive; 09-28-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:45 PM
Orange Z06 Girl
Advanced

No updates from gm. They uploaded the data and are waiting for gm to tell them how to proceed in the transmission. Turns out the pdr didn't shut off recording...ut had just shut off when I was watching it. I watched the 3 sessions we had recorded and it shows it started earlier than I thought...but didn't hit the Rev limiter then. I was just using the paddles to grab 1 gear in certain corbars that it wanted to exit in 7th. Whenever I have down shifted with the paddle on the street when the car was in drive the trans would hold it in gear a bit longer but still shifted up. Well that day when driving harder it had a few episodes where it didn't shift up. Hubby noticed it with his instructor driving that it was staying in gear to redline for him. Hubby shifted up and down with paddles. I just shifted down aside from the two times I caught it on the Rev limiter. It didn't say it was in performance shift mode like it sometimes does. I was jot driving that gard...mostly staying in the first two bars of tgrottle...except on the straight where it hit the limiter.

We autox in deer park and spend a lot of time at spokane county raceway.

Get notified of new replies

To Trans issues during track day

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trans issues during track day