C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Fun at Hallett

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 01:56 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 733 Likes on 481 Posts

Default Fun at Hallett

I had forgotten to post this video from our time at Hallett Raceway over the Labour Day weekend.

My son and I went there with the BMW CCA for an HPDE.

Conditions were brutal with temps generally being in the 90's. Also, this was my son's first time on a road course/HPDE, so in total the car was exposed to 8 run sessions on Saturday and 4 Sunday morning, when we called it quits as we had a 4 hour drive home; the brakes were getting a little spongy, and I had an early flight Monday morning.

The video is of my best session and my best lap was a 1:28; not too bad for my first time ever at Hallett, and having to watch temps carefully due to the number of sessions the car had to run and the heat.

BTW here are my high temps from Cosworth:

Max water: 243dF
Max engine oil: 275dF
Max transmission: 223dF
Max speed 112 mph
Max lat G: 1.45

(Hallett is a short, 1.8 mile, technical track with short straights; lots of elevation changes and lots of off camber corners. Not the perfect track for our cars as they can't 'stretch their legs' too much, but great fun to drive).

Nothing too exciting here, but I do think it shows a good line for our car at this track, and that it can be driven reasonably fast whilst 'short shifting' to hold down temps even in brutal heat. BTW towards the end I chase down a very well driven, highly track modified C2S that pulled away from me on the out lap whilst I was warming up the tyres, fluids etc. The driver had one of those, 'Oh **** the engine's in the rear moments' that Porsches are famous for! lol

Bish
Old 10-09-2015, 02:21 PM
DLC7
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Winters coming, thanks for the PDR

Good clean fun!
Old 10-09-2015, 02:22 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Please add to this thread

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...imes-here.html
Old 10-10-2015, 10:33 PM
TulsaVette
Safety Car

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I love Hallett....it is definitely a handling track, not a speed track. I still lift on the hill after turn 1, I know there is a straight over it but can't yet get my head and foot on the same page.

Get notified of new replies

To Fun at Hallett

Quick Reply: Fun at Hallett