C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

..Just before SEMA, the 1,000 rwhp HP mark has been cracked on PUMP GAS! ::..

Old 10-28-2015, 09:29 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts
Default ..Just before SEMA, the 1,000 rwhp HP mark has been cracked on PUMP GAS! ::..

FIRST OFF: If you are going to SEMA, come by the ProCharger booth and check this car out in person!
As we felt it was a good choice to take up some booth space with the Z06 that pretty much broke the internet, and got GM's attention.

..::1,020 rwhp:..
Advance Modern Performance wanted to see what this car could lay down on PUMP GAS, before loading to hit the show. (Race Gas Numbers will come after the show)

And were happy with the results. #GameOver
This little LT-4 is turning out to be very amazing.

(Cam + Meth + ProCharger F-1X)
Old 10-28-2015, 09:33 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts

22psi on 91 pump gas!!! holy smoke
Old 10-28-2015, 09:38 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NORCALSS
22psi on 91 pump gas!!! holy smoke
93... and it does have meth.

Gotta think the CLA AMG runs 24psi of boost stock on 87
DI is a good thing.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:41 AM
gonabite
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech

DI is a good thing.
Awesome numbers.

Besides the larger fuel lobe on the cam and the addition of methanol, are there any other mods to the fuel system?
Old 10-28-2015, 10:19 AM
SteveDoten@ARH
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Sam, Bryan, Sergio and the crew at AMP are some of the best in the business to work with, located in the great state of TEXAS. Glad to have ARH as part of the equation.

Nice work to all involved!!
Old 10-28-2015, 10:24 AM
RandomTask
Race Director

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by gonabite
Awesome numbers.

Besides the larger fuel lobe on the cam and the addition of methanol, are there any other mods to the fuel system?
I’m really not trying to dog on the people who do that, I’m really not, I’m all for higher HP, but I am an engineer. One of the things I wonder about is how much engineering some of these people are actually putting into these lobe designs other than the brute force method of “Oh, we’ll just crank it up.” A bud of mine used to work at Siemens designing fuel rails. There’s a lot that actually goes into the design of them, not just from a ‘make it fit’ perspective, but between the HP pump and the injector, there are a lot of pulses that happen on the fuel. Ultimately, messing with these pulses can cause a low pressure near the injector and thus, cause a cylinder to go lean. It’s really hard to spot this on an exhaust sniffer as that’s taking the overall AF ratio, not on the individual cylinder level. A big tell if this is a problem is if people start consistently breaking the same piston from a lean condition.

This could be a complete non-issue, but I’m interested to see if it does start to become problematic.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:30 AM
schaibaa
Burning Brakes

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomTask
I’m really not trying to dog on the people who do that, I’m really not, I’m all for higher HP, but I am an engineer. One of the things I wonder about is how much engineering some of these people are actually putting into these lobe designs other than the brute force method of “Oh, we’ll just crank it up.” A bud of mine used to work at Siemens designing fuel rails. There’s a lot that actually goes into the design of them, not just from a ‘make it fit’ perspective, but between the HP pump and the injector, there are a lot of pulses that happen on the fuel. Ultimately, messing with these pulses can cause a low pressure near the injector and thus, cause a cylinder to go lean. It’s really hard to spot this on an exhaust sniffer as that’s taking the overall AF ratio, not on the individual cylinder level. A big tell if this is a problem is if people start consistently breaking the same piston from a lean condition.

This could be a complete non-issue, but I’m interested to see if it does start to become problematic.
In the motorcycle world, it is common to have a wide-band in each tube - I'm not sure why this isn't more frequent in the car world.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:07 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by schaibaa
In the motorcycle world, it is common to have a wide-band in each tube - I'm not sure why this isn't more frequent in the car world.
Its practical to use on the engine dyno,
But NOT practical for a customers car on the inground dyno.

Headers don't come with the bungs welded in, the space needed sometimes isn't even there. And frankly customers at most speed shops want to pay ~$500 and get a OEM tune in about 4 hours.

SINCE we are a manufacture, we not only make/design/service our supercharger headunits, the kits we make, but also are responsible for the tuning we provide, we have to go the extra mile. We have a 12 channel wide band here, when we are doing testing on the engine dyno... (for the start of kits, like HEMI's, LS's, etc) After we learn all we can from the engine dyno, we can then move to the chassis dyno, or then the road course.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:18 AM
LSs1Power
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Amazing numbers. What do you this setup would make with 91 Octane and no meth inj?
Old 10-28-2015, 12:26 PM
KustomsbyKev
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts

Awesome, I'll stop by your booth and check it out!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:41 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

I showed my friend and his response was "I didn't know Corvettes were that capable!". I guess he doesn't know too much about cars (he is a Honda fan boy though .
Old 10-28-2015, 12:45 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hell yes, good job guys
Old 10-28-2015, 02:56 PM
NYROBZ06
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow, that car is a beast!
Old 10-28-2015, 03:16 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey ProChargerTech,

Have you yet shipped the C7Z F1X kit that was ordered two weeks ago by HP Sales of Florida? If not, when will it ship?
Old 10-28-2015, 04:08 PM
Shysterman69
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Impressive! I would love to see what it drives like... How well it is mannered on the street...
Old 10-28-2015, 04:31 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech

DI is a good thing.
Small bore really helps to! as dose having a kick *** engine designer (who got stolen by VW).

Intresting points re fuel rail pressure on these big cam setups. Maybe we need someone like procharger to monitor the system presume at a decent frequency to see what impacts these high pump load cams have using the stock pump.

Anyway, congrats to ProCharger and AMP for the power. Any ideas how much it could make without the meth?

Last edited by chuntington101; 10-28-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:45 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by LSs1Power
Amazing numbers. What do you this setup would make with 91 Octane and no meth inj?

200 less. 91 octane no meth would really put blower psi down. And timing reduced a lot

Get notified of new replies

To ..Just before SEMA, the 1,000 rwhp HP mark has been cracked on PUMP GAS! ::..

Old 10-29-2015, 12:40 PM
gonabite
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome numbers.

Bump for an answer please?
Old 10-29-2015, 12:49 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Awesome numbers.

Nope, Cam lobe and the single meth nozzle.

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
Hey ProChargerTech,

Have you yet shipped the C7Z F1X kit that was ordered two weeks ago by HP Sales of Florida? If not, when will it ship?
All orders are shipped in the order they were placed in.
I know there are a LOTTTTTT of these kits going out.
Your dealer will have the most up to date shipping estimates.

Thanks for your order, and I can't WAIT to see what your doing with it!
Old 10-29-2015, 01:21 PM
Taimur
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazing numbers but not sure if you can claim Pump Gas numbers when using meth.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ..Just before SEMA, the 1,000 rwhp HP mark has been cracked on PUMP GAS! ::..