C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 stock brake pads and dusting

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 12:19 AM
sjones
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Z06 stock brake pads and dusting

The stock brakes stop great but the dusting is terrible. any recommendations for a pad that stops just as good with limited dusting.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by sjones
The stock brakes stop great but the dusting is terrible. any recommendations for a pad that stops just as good with limited dusting.
If you are not tracking the car than switch pads to the Carbotech 1521 no problem with stopping power on the streets and will cut your dust by 80%. Price is $418.00 total that includes the front and rear pads. If interested let me know.

Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521™ The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 12-08-2015, 08:53 PM
WilliamCall
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Just like Adam said. I bought a set of CarboTech 1521s from Adam earlier this year and love them (no squeal, no dust).
Old 12-09-2015, 09:20 AM
billsc1
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Carbotech 1521

Ditto all above. After experiencing the insane level of dust with the stock pads I went with the 1521's from Adam and couldn't be happier with the results. NO appreciable difference in stopping power or feel with fairly spirited street driving and these pads are just about as "dustless" as any pad I've ever used on anything. I just slid out the old pads, brakecleaned both sides of the rotors and hit them with a fine scotch pad and dropped in the new pads (no need to "burnish" the 1521's) . Took about 45 minutes...the hardest part was jacking up the car. Can't speak for track use but for the street these pads are the ticket!!!

Last edited by billsc1; 12-09-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:30 AM
Rguy271
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts

Ill echo the above. Switched to the 1521....dust is marginal now where as before I was cleaning wheels after a trip down the damn street.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

What is the next pad recommended for 95% street and occasional tracking?
Old 12-09-2015, 07:46 PM
MMM15ZO6
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

No dissing Adam, however Hawk pads are in the 90-95% range for reducing brake dust. IMHO only. Very pleased. Stay safe
Old 12-10-2015, 09:38 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
What is the next pad recommended for 95% street and occasional tracking?
A high torque brake compound with a wide operating temperature range of 200°F-1250°F+ (93°C to 676°C+). Carbotech™ XP8™ is the first of our racing compounds. Good initial bite at race temperatures, high coefficient of friction, excellent modulation and release characteristics. Extremely high fade resistance and very rotor friendly. Perfect for track day use with any tire and can still be driven safely to and from the track. Carbotech™ does NOT recommended XP8™ as a daily driven street pad due to elevated levels of dust and noise. Carbotech™ XP8™ is a great compound on the front & rear of most open wheel and sports racers.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

All Carbotech compounds ready to go from street to full out race we our your Carbotech connection order on line and use promo code z28 or call us direct at 216-780-8825 to order either way you save $$..

Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521™ The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.

Carbotech™ AX6™

The AX6™ is specifically engineered for Autocross applications. A high torque brake compound delivering reliable and consistent performance over a very wide operating temperature range of 50°F to 1000°F + (10°C to 537°C+). The advanced compound matrix provides an excellent initial bite, high coefficient of friction at lower temperatures along with very progressive brake modulation and release characteristics. Many drivers use the AX6™ for street driving as well, even though Carbotech™ doesn't recommend street driving with AX6™ due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise. AX6™ is NOT recommended as a race compound in most applications.

Carbotech™ XP8™

A high torque brake compound with a wide operating temperature range of 200°F-1250°F+ (93°C to 676°C+). Carbotech™ XP8™ is the first of our racing compounds. Good initial bite at race temperatures, high coefficient of friction, excellent modulation and release characteristics. Extremely high fade resistance and very rotor friendly. Perfect for track day use with any tire and can still be driven safely to and from the track. Carbotech™ does NOT recommended XP8™ as a daily driven street pad due to elevated levels of dust and noise. Carbotech™ XP8™ is a great compound on the front & rear of most open wheel and sports racers.

Carbotech™ XP10™

When Carbotech™ unleashed the XP10™ to the general public it immediately gathered multiple regional, divisional, and national championships. The XP10™ has a very strong initial bite with a coefficient of friction and rotor friendliness unmatched in the industry. Fade resistance is in excess of 1475°F (801°C). XP10™ still maintains the highly praised release, excellent modulation and rotor friendliness that have made all Carbotech™ compounds so successful. Carbotech™ XP10™ is not recommended as a daily-driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.

Carbotech™ XP12™

Another highly successful XP™ series compound with an excellent initial bite, torque and fade resistance over and above the XP10™ compound. XP12™ has temperature range of 250°F to 1850°F+ (121°C to 1010°C+). The XP12™ has that excellent Carbotech™ release and modulation that has made all other Carbotech™ compounds so successful. The XP12™ is more rotor aggressive than XP10™, but compared to the competition the XP12™ is still very rotor friendly. XP12™ is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.

Carbotech™ XP20™

The latest iteration of the highly successful XP™ series of compounds. XP20™ is a step up from the highly successful XP16™ compound. With an extremely aggressive initial bite, linear torque curve and excellent fade resistance the XP20™ is another major step in progression of the highly successful XP™ series line of compounds from Carbotech™. XP20™ has a temperature range of 275°F to 2000°F+ (135°C to 1093°C+). Carbotech™ XP20™ maintains our tradition of having the outstanding release and modulation that has made all other Carbotech™ compounds so successful. Carbotech™ XP20™ is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.

Carbotech™ XP24™

XP24™ is the pinnacle compound of the extremely successful XP™ Series of compounds engineered by Carbotech™. This compound is based on the same fundamentals that exist in all other Carbotech™ formulations. XP24™ has even more initial bite, more overall bite, and more torque along with the most linear torque curve we have ever offered. The thermal characteristics are of the highest Carbotech™ offers along with one of the highest coefficient of friction ratings offered by anyone in the braking industry. This compound is the longest wearing compound Carbotech™ offers as it was originally engineered for endurance applications at the highest pro racing levels. This revolutionary new compound has been extremely successful with open wheel, closed wheel, sprint and endurance applications. XP24™ has a temperature range of 400°F to 2000°F+ (204°C to 1093°C+). Carbotech™ XP24™ is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise along with the necessary heat required to work properly.

Adam Adelstein
Amp’D Autosport.com
Internet's largest retailer of Carbotech Performance Brake Pads.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 12-13-2015, 10:12 AM
funz06
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by MMM15ZO6
No dissing Adam, however Hawk pads are in the 90-95% range for reducing brake dust. IMHO only. Very pleased. Stay safe
What Hawk pads do you have on your Z06? I had the Hawk One Piece Ceramic pads on my 2013 427 and loved them---no noise; at least 95% less dust; and excellent performance. However, it is my understanding that Hawk doesn't make the ceramic pads for the 2015 and 2016 Z06's. Has this changed?

A friend just put the carbo 1521's on his new Z, and if he is happy come this Spring I will do the same unless I hear of something better. Right now the OEM pads have ZERO noise, but plenty of dust. I don't want to trade off less dust for noise. I put the Rejex on the rims and then the dust wipes off in minutes, and I would rather do that than have noisy brakes.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:43 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Installed the Carbotech 1521's and they reduce dust significantly. In my case, I ceramic coated the rims inside and out at the same time which helped even more. I used cQuartz Finest but would recommend another product I use for your instance... Blackfire Crystal Seal. It is very much spray on, wipe off and simple. Wrote a thread here on the intall with piks:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ech-1521s.html

Last edited by AllFlash; 12-13-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:39 PM
Stentplacer
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Adam can you post a pic of the 1521's
Old 12-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Stentplacer
Adam can you post a pic of the 1521's
Don't have any photos at the moment. What are you looking to see?
Old 12-14-2015, 12:03 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

There is a pic in my link above.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:51 PM
Rd16rr
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

Adam...i hate to ask something you may have answered already...but it might keep the post lively

2015 Z06 C07 carbon ceramic - street only...i know "i asked for it"...but the initial bite when used "hardly at all" always sends my passenger forward (well, maybe not always...but getting the lightfootedness you need when u need brake now ain't always easy)

So my question is, should i even bother trying to find a pad that works smooth in a linear fashion when cold ? and what one would do it ?

Last edited by Rd16rr; 12-14-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:11 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Rd16rr
Adam...i hate to ask something you may have answered already...but it might keep the post lively

2015 Z06 C07 carbon ceramic - street only...i know "i asked for it"...but the initial bite when used "hardly at all" always sends my passenger forward (well, maybe not always...but getting the lightfootedness you need when u need brake now ain't always easy)

So my question is, should i even bother trying to find a pad that works smooth in a linear fashion when cold ? and what one would do it ?
I would try the 1521 pad it probably does not have the bite of the OEM ZO7 pad because its designed as a street pad.

F: $342 R:$245

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 stock brake pads and dusting

Quick Reply: Z06 stock brake pads and dusting