C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

GM Accessories @ COST

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 06:46 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Received 204 Likes on 170 Posts
Default GM Accessories @ COST

Trunk Monkey Parts has updated pricing on ALL our Accessory parts!!!

These Accessories are discounted BELOW employee pricing @ Dealer COST!!

Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, & few others

From Car Covers to Mud Flaps, All-weather mats and cargo liners,
tonneau covers, armrests, Accessory wheels - you name it!!!

If it is a GM accessory that is still in production that you are in search for just give us a call,
We will source it for you and ship it out AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,

We have a nationwide locator so even if it is not in our stock but is available from another Certified GM Dealer we can get it for you!

Trunk Monkey Parts specializes in quality OEM and Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your vehicle.

Your Source for OEM and Aftermarket Accessories

Attached Images    
Old 01-13-2016, 12:12 AM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

I think a lot of people would be interested in this. What would be the final price on this part please?

C7 CORVETTE EXPOSED CARBON FIBER GROUND EFFECTS - FRONT SPLITTER & ROCKER PANELS LEFT & RIGHT - 2015 Chevrolet Corvette (23495173)
Old 01-13-2016, 06:11 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NC_427_Vert
I think a lot of people would be interested in this. What would be the final price on this part please?

C7 CORVETTE EXPOSED CARBON FIBER GROUND EFFECTS - FRONT SPLITTER & ROCKER PANELS LEFT & RIGHT - 2015 Chevrolet Corvette (23495173)

C7 CORVETTE EXPOSED CARBON FIBER GROUND EFFECTS - FRONT SPLITTER & ROCKER PANELS LEFT & RIGHT - GM (23495173)
COST: $2,800.00
Attached Images  
Old 01-14-2016, 12:57 AM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Thanks.. Didn't know that price already included the discount. Is there a way to only get the side skirts as I don't want to get the front splitter?
Old 01-14-2016, 09:57 AM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NC_427_Vert
Thanks.. Didn't know that price already included the discount. Is there a way to only get the side skirts as I don't want to get the front splitter?
You can buy separate, but they are sold as individual parts, not accessories and are a better price buying as a kit.
For example, we have them listed, but they are $1,160.03 per side.
So really it makes most sense to buy the kit, money goes much farther, and you may be able to sell the front splitter to a member that wants just that?
Old 01-14-2016, 01:31 PM
VetterFlyer
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm looking for a C7 Z06 Hood Stinger in Carbon Fiber. What are my chooses?
Old 01-14-2016, 02:01 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by VetterFlyer
I'm looking for a C7 Z06 Hood Stinger in Carbon Fiber. What are my chooses?
As far as any exposed carbon fiber on the hood,
that is the hood itself.

The Hood Stinger you are referring to is a decal in carbon flash,
there are Jake skull logos for the hood as well.

I hope that answers your question

Old 01-14-2016, 03:43 PM
Jon0813
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Parts - Stage 2

I can not get through with the phone number provided. Is it possible to get an idea of cost for front and rear spoiler, and right and left side skirts in carbon flash? I think this is all that make it a stage 2 form stage 1 correct?

2015 Z06

Thank you for your time.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:35 PM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I see the GM Jake hood Stinger for the Z06 on your site (#23360470)

Is the graphic carbon flash in color? Judging by the photo of the white car, I would think it would be everything not white on the hood? Also the photo is shown on a white Stingray, but I assume the Z06 part is correct for the Z06 hood?
Thanks. (photo from your site)

Last edited by Hot Rod Todd; 01-14-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:49 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jon0813
I can not get through with the phone number provided. Is it possible to get an idea of cost for front and rear spoiler, and right and left side skirts in carbon flash? I think this is all that make it a stage 2 form stage 1 correct?

2015 Z06

Thank you for your time.
If you cannot reach us through 1-888-260-6168,
you can give us a call at 503-668-5555 and ask for parts

GROUND EFFECTS, CARBON FLASH - GM (23495172)
NEW GM "STAGE 2" REAR SPOILER EXTENSION KIT 2015 CORVETTE Z06 - GM (23256573)

This would complete the Stage 2 setup,

the larger (Z07) front winglets and the rear center wickerbill complete the Stage 3 kit which we also have available
Old 01-14-2016, 05:18 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd
I see the GM Jake hood Stinger for the Z06 on your site (#23360470)

Is the graphic carbon flash in color? Judging by the photo of the white car, I would think it would be everything not white on the hood? Also the photo is shown on a white Stingray, but I assume the Z06 part is correct for the Z06 hood?
Thanks. (photo from your site)

Yes that is correct,
the graphic is carbon flash,
also there is a picture of it on a black C7R with the exposed carbon fiber to show the different looks it can provide

C7 CORVETTE NEW GENUINE GM HOOD DECAL JAKE SKULL LOGO (AS SEEN ON C7R) - GM (23270637)

Last edited by subchev; 01-20-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:55 PM
VetterFlyer
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 49 Posts

So please clear this up? Is the higher priced Stinger with exposed carbon fiber look in the overlay? or does it only work on the 2016 with exposed carbon fiber hood?
I have a 2015 Z06 that I'm looking for an visible carbon fiber look, and I may accept the Jake overlay if the black porsion is a nice match to the Visable Carbon Fiber on my Top, Splitter, Side skirts.
Thanks for the information.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:54 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Do you have Z06 wheels? How much for set?

Jim
Old 01-14-2016, 09:57 PM
Sk8Man_
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by subchev
Yes that is correct, the graphic is carbon flash, also there is a picture of it on a black C7R
with the exposed carbon fiber to show the different looks it can provide

And this one is for the Z06

I have a 2015 Z06/07, Shark Gray Metallic with the Black-Flash (not Carbon-Flash) hood stinger.
How well will this graphic here for the Z06 work on that existing Black-Flash stinger??
_
Old 01-15-2016, 09:31 AM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

So please clear this up? Is the higher priced Stinger with exposed carbon fiber look in the overlay? or does it only work on the 2016 with exposed carbon fiber hood?
I have a 2015 Z06 that I'm looking for an visible carbon fiber look, and I may accept the Jake overlay if the black porsion is a nice match to the Visable Carbon Fiber on my Top, Splitter, Side skirts.
As I understand it there is no carbon fiber look in the graphic. It's carbon Flash (metallic black to match trim). Look at the photo on the white car, anything not carbon flash is white. That will be the base color. The only way to get the carbon fiber look would be to first put down a carbon fiber colored stinger, then the Jake graphic on top. (Unless you have the exposed carbon fiber hood).
The following users liked this post:
VetterFlyer (01-15-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 12:33 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sk8Man_
I have a 2015 Z06/07, Shark Gray Metallic with the Black-Flash (not Carbon-Flash) hood stinger.
How well will this graphic here for the Z06 work on that existing Black-Flash stinger??
_
ok I'm a little confused.
I have not heard of a "black-flash"
The decal is available in a cyber gray,
or there is carbon flash (black metallic flash) which is what most of the vents/scoops are painted and the grille usually.

there is exposed carbon fiber (obviously carbon fiber) which is not a decal whatsoever. Carbon Fiber and Carbon Flash are not the same.

This graphic will disappear if you place it over your current decal.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:03 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

As just mentioned,
the graphic is just carbon flash.
The decal actually covers the carbon fiber and the exposure that you are seeing is the portions where there is no decal.

If you want the exposed carbon fiber behind the decal,
you will need to replace your hood with a real carbon fiber hood.

I hope this helps.

Get notified of new replies

To GM Accessories @ COST

Old 01-15-2016, 04:00 PM
Sk8Man_
Racer

ok I'm a little confused.
I have not heard of a "black-flash"
The decal is available in a cyber gray,
or there is carbon flash (black metallic flash) which is what most of the vents/scoops are painted and the grille usually.

there is exposed carbon fiber (obviously carbon fiber) which is not a decal whatsoever. Carbon Fiber and Carbon Flash are not the same.

This graphic will disappear if you place it over your current decal.

OK! I got my terminology wrong when I said "Black-Flash" rather than calling it "Carbon-Flash" and also when I referred to the exposed "Carbon-Fiber" stinger as "Carbon-Flash". So, maybe we now have a mutual understanding of what I was trying to say.

Now, here is my problem with this decal; I have purchased one from "Trunk-Monkey" and I am not sure how to apply it or even if it is what I was told it was by the sells person. It has no instuctions with it and appears to be one large decal with the "silver-gray" skull on a "black back-ground", all one decal. My car already has the black "Carbon-Flash" stinger on it from the factory and all I wanted was to be able to apply just the "gray skull" part onto my existing black "Carbon-Flash" stinger and NOT cover the whole stinger with another decal. If I am correct about this decal it would work OK for someone who had no stinger color other than the cars body color(?)! I was told by the sells person (I placed an online order after calling and asking this very question for clarification) that the decal would apply the way I was wanting (skull only); however, it appears to be one large decal with the gray-skull and black-back ground all one application. I do not want to cover my whole existing black (Carbon-Flash) stinger with a decal. My understanding is that the original black "Carbon-Flash" stinger is actually already a decal itself.

I am apprehensive about starting to apply this decal until I fully understand what I have here (No Instruction or description of application procedure included)! I know that it is basically a peel and stick decal, but it would help if there were a few suggestions as to how to proceed with this install. However, again, my present concern is what constitutes the whole of the decal(??)!

Have I been clear here with my explanation of what I expected to get out of this application or am I making it even worse for your understanding of my concern.

BTW, what does your last comment, "This graphic will disappear if you place it over your current decal." actually mean??
I have the feeling that you may have answered my primary concern with that statement, but want further clarification. I
am afraid you are indeed telling me that this decal will cover entirely my current factory installed "Carbon-Flash" decal(?)!
_

Last edited by Sk8Man_; 01-15-2016 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:20 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sk8Man_
OK! I got my terminology wrong when I said "Black-Flash" rather than calling it "Carbon-Flash" and also when I referred to the exposed "Carbon-Fiber" stinger as "Carbon-Flash". So, maybe we now have a mutual understanding of what I was trying to say.

Now, here is my problem with this decal; I have purchased one from "Trunk-Monkey" and I am not sure how to apply it or even if it is what I was told it was by the sells person. It has no instuctions with it and appears to be one large decal with the "silver-gray" skull on a "black back-ground", all one decal. My car already has the black "Carbon-Flash" stinger on it from the factory and all I wanted was to be able to apply just the "gray skull" part onto my existing black "Carbon-Flash" stinger and NOT cover the whole stinger with another decal. If I am correct about this decal it would work OK for someone who had no stinger color other than the cars body color(?)! I was told by the sells person (I placed an online order after calling and asking this very question for clarification) that the decal would apply the way I was wanting (skull only); however, it appears to be one large decal with the gray-skull and black-back ground all one application. I do not want to cover my whole existing black (Carbon-Flash) stinger with a decal. My understanding is that the original black "Carbon-Flash" stinger is actually already a decal itself.

I am apprehensive about starting to apply this decal until I fully understand what I have here (No Instruction or description of application procedure included)! I know that it is basically a peel and stick decal, but it would help if there were a few suggestions as to how to proceed with this install. However, again, my present concern is what constitutes the whole of the decal(??)!

Have I been clear here with my explanation of what I expected to get out of this application or am I making it even worse for your understanding of my concern.

BTW, what does your last comment, "This graphic will disappear if you place it over your current decal." actually mean??
I have the feeling that you may have answered my primary concern with that statement, but want further clarification. I
am afraid you are indeed telling me that this decal will cover entirely my current factory installed "Carbon-Flash" decal(?)!
_

My last comment deciphered:
If you already have the carbon flash hood stinger, and you want to lay the Carbon flash Jake skull logo on top of that, then the skull will not be very visible unlike the one you see on this white Stingray.

This decal will separate so you have the underneath exposed through. It is sold as one piece to ensure resiliency.

As far as installation, you could give us a call, or talk to any body shop, etc for advice
I apologize for it not being provided with install instructions.

Last edited by subchev; 01-15-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:06 PM
Sk8Man_
Racer

My last comment deciphered:

If you already have the carbon flash hood stinger, and you want to lay the Carbon flash Jake skull logo on top of that, then the skull will not be very visible unlike the one you see on this white Stingray.
Exactly what I want! A very sutle and not that noticeable a look until one is right upon the car. I do not like the strong contrast between the "Black/White" decal. The "gray-on-black" (sometimes appearing as "silver-on-black" depending on the light's angle) is fine.

This decal will separate so you have the underneath exposed through. It is sold as one piece to ensure resiliency.
The "underneath" being my original "carbon-flash" hood stinger? The black part of the decal has no adhesive backing??

As far as installation, you could give us a call, or talk to any body shop, etc for advice, I apologize for it not being provided with install instructions.
No apology necessary, if Chevrolet didn't supply some suggestions of how to best install the decal, then...?? I will take it to a good place I know of that does window-tint and the Xpel body-covering. They should be able to better understand the installation and any tricks needed.
See my replies and additional questions in red within your "quotes window"!!

Last edited by Sk8Man_; 01-15-2016 at 11:54 PM.

Quick Reply: GM Accessories @ COST