C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

More then 2 cars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 06:33 PM
nunii
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Default More then 2 cars?

Guys with 2 or more cars for themselves how do you convince your wife or more important how do you justify it to yourself to buy them? Even if money is no issues I have a hard time buying another car for weekends!
Btw wife drives a 2015 Tahoe Ltz and I just bought a 2016 ctsv
I really want to buy a z06 also! I have two young ones so wife doesn't think it would make sense to have a two seater!

Last edited by nunii; 01-16-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:37 PM
a striper
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 120 Posts

I found the key to automotive happiness to be selecting the right wife. Her biggest complaint about what I want to spend on my cars is that is would interfere with what she wants to spend on her cars.

Good luck, a new Z06 is worth a few nights in the dog house.
The following 3 users liked this post by a striper:
burtonbl103 (01-19-2016), Fastmikefree (01-17-2016), RajeeK (01-18-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 06:38 PM
RazorZ06
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I have 3 cars 95 ZR1, 16 Z06, 15 Rubicon and a Civic for the better half. I made it clear when we met that cars are my thing. She shakes her head but doesn't say a word.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:40 PM
Gomer
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Easy. Let her buy her hotrod of choice. As for justification? Because cars.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:41 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

I have 4 16 Z06, 14 Silverado 4D, 2015 Jeep JK 2DR, 04 Jetta, wife has 1 2015 Mercedes GLA45, she buys a nes car every 2 maybe 3 years of her choice, and as long as I pay the insurance she is fine. lol.

Last edited by DRLC5; 01-16-2016 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:51 PM
TG's Z
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts

You've worked hard and love cars, right? It's often a long road to convince them, but in the end she will understand or at least not say no! Took me over a year with both.....

Old 01-16-2016, 06:52 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

I have 3 toy cars plus my daily driver. My wife has absolutely no say in my car buying decisions. I need to convince her of nothing and when I tell her Im getting/trading or what have you, she supports me. I take care of what I have to take care as far as my marriage goes and the same thing goes for her. I do not tell her what she can and cant buy.
The following users liked this post:
fpfaeth (01-16-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 06:53 PM
LuckyC7Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

Just tell her the Z for the both of you! For romantic weekend trips and date nights. Also just for going out and cruising around downtown on Friday and Saturday nights. Make sure and get an auto that will make it more believable then after you buy it take her out and show her the power and tell her how dangerous it can be if she's not ready for it. She won't to drive it unless she's driving with you or she will drive it like a grandma which is a win win!!!
Old 01-16-2016, 06:58 PM
nunii
Pro

Like I said I also have to justify it to myself witch is the main problem!
I take it that most of you are the bread winners at home, in my house we started a successful business together! I think the reason is I'm cheap! Lol....... Wanna make sure the kids are set for life first, hopefully I'm alive for long enough to really enjoy the fruits of my labor!
Old 01-16-2016, 07:00 PM
nunii
Pro

Originally Posted by LuckyC7Z06
Just tell her the Z for the both of you! For romantic weekend trips and date nights. Also just for going out and cruising around downtown on Friday and Saturday nights. Make sure and get an auto that will make it more believable then after you buy it take her out and show her the power and tell her how dangerous it can be if she's not ready for it. She won't to drive it unless she's driving with you or she will drive it like a grandma which is a win win!!!
Lol that's classic....... Tried that many times!
lgodom (01-16-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 07:01 PM
Pro

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

for years I had an SUV and a mustang gt convertible. Then we had kids and after a few years I added the CTS-V because it was a "safer" car for the family rides. It's all about safety.

Now I am down to the SUV and the z06. But we also have my wife's car and two cars that the kids drive.......
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 908 Likes on 606 Posts

First, my wife understands that cars are my hobby and that I get my addiction from my dad. I don't waste my money on drugs, I don't **** it away gambling, I don't golf, don't drink excessively, I'm paying the bills, and taking care of the family.

Second, she enjoys riding in our '69 Z/28, but we don't take it out too often. It gets a lot of thumbs ups and stirs a lot of conversation when we are out and about in it and I think she gets a kick out of it. She didn't really get too excited over my souped up 2009 Pontiac G8 GT. When I traded it in for my 2015 Z51, she went with me and wasn't too thrilled of the idea even while on our way to pick up the C7 (note she had not seen the C7 yet other than a small photo of it). Once she saw it and rode in it, it was love at first sight. A few days later, I actually overheard her tell a friend of ours that the car is "badass". I got a big chuckle out of that. The C7 catapulted her into the Corvette family. A few weeks afterward, we took a tour of the Bowling Green assembly plant and she was in awe. While in Bowling Green, I took her to the Corvette museum for her first time. She really enjoyed seeing the museum pick up that new owners were experiencing and said that she wants to do that, if we ever get another one. I knew she was hooked then. She was also really impressed with how nice everyone was. We met quite a few random people at the museum and they all seemed like family due to us sharing the same passion and love for the Corvette.

At any rate, she now likes the car as much as I do and has some interest in adding another one for her.

So my whole point of this is to take your wife with you when you go to check out some C7s at a local dealership. Take her to the Bowling Green assembly plant tour. It's very educational and is a great sales pitch and was really cool to see the new cars being born. It might change her mind when she gets to take it all in. In summary, there are Camaro fans, there are Chevelle fans, Pontiac G8 fans, CTS-V fans, Chevy fans, but the Corvette ownership is on a whole different level. It's more of a family that you'll experience when you're out and about in yours. Best of luck!!!
nunii
Pro

Originally Posted by TG's Z
You've worked hard and love cars, right? It's often a long road to convince them, but in the end she will understand or at least not say no! Took me over a year with both.....

Why not sell the old z?
Old 01-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by nunii
I take it that most of you are the bread winners at home, in my house we started a successful business together! I think the reason is I'm cheap! Lol....... Wanna make sure the kids are set for life first, hopefully I'm alive for long enough to really enjoy the fruits of my labor!
Guys with 2 or more cars for themselves how do you convince your wife or more important how do you justify it to yourself to buy them? Even if money is no issues I have a hard time buying another car for weekends!
Btw wife drives a 2015 Tahoe Ltz and I just bought a 2016 ctsv
I really want to buy a z06 also! I have two young ones so wife doesn't think it would make sense to have a two seater!
theres your justification....you're welcome
Hemi Dave (01-17-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 07:04 PM
nunii
Pro

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
theres your justification....you're welcome
Good point!
Old 01-16-2016, 07:26 PM
swordsman
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have mint black 08 LPE 66O w/N2O, 08 Katech track attack caged track car, and a 2015 shark grey ZO6 that is at Katech getting Stage II package, 2014 limited Ram DD, ZX 14R, 2015 800 Pro, about 50 "special" guns...................
Figured get all necessary items first then take wife applications.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:27 PM
tbrenny33
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by RazorZ06
I have 3 cars 95 ZR1, 16 Z06, 15 Rubicon and a Civic for the better half. I made it clear when we met that cars are my thing. She shakes her head but doesn't say a word.
That's what my fiancé does! I showed her the 2-3 cars I was looking at and asked her what she liked best and luckily for me she liked the Vette the most. She said that's a lot but you earned it! She knew along time ago I had a car addiction!

Get notified of new replies

To More then 2 cars?

Old 01-16-2016, 07:40 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 889 Likes on 408 Posts

You are answering your own question, it is not just your wife that needs convincing it is you. Setting up "kids" "for life", really? What does that mean and when do you know you have succeeded?

I have 6 kids and 8 cars, so speak from some experience. My kids are "helped" by me, not made "secure" nor "dependent upon me.

If you have the money that you do not need, garage space, and a equitable financial relationship with your wife, then this boils down to your own values.

Good luck

Best

Last edited by RBK; 01-16-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:45 PM
nunii
Pro

Originally Posted by RBK
You are answering your own question, it is not (at leas only) your wife that needs convincing it is you. Setting up "kids" "set for life", really?
What does that mean and when do you know you have succeede?

I have 6 kids and 8 cars, so speak from some experience. My kids are "helped" by me, not made "secure" by or dependent upon me.

If you have the money that you do not need, garage space, and a equitable financial relationship with your wife, then this boils down to your own values.

Good luck

Best
Well my boys are still very young 5 year old and a 1 year old ..... I would love to know with out a doubt that if something happened to me or my wife that they would be taken care of very well! Life is hard making money takes luck and hard work. Obviously It would be my wishes that they would be smart,hard workers, and make it on there own, set for life was the wrong words for what I meant!
Old 01-16-2016, 08:05 PM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

My son is a Finance Mgr at a huge Chevy dealership. He called me and said a red Z06 came in and the guy that ordered it backed out. The wife and I looked at it and she said "your going to get it". I was debating it in my head and she told my son were getting it. Is she a great wife or what?
mrbdas (01-17-2016)

Quick Reply: More then 2 cars?