C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

County Corvette and Oakes Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 12:20 PM
SeaIsleZ06
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default County Corvette and Oakes Detailing

My NRB Z is heading over to County Corvette in West Chester, PA, this week to get a little carbon fiber TLC. They are installing APR rocker skirts and front wheel well spats. From there, she goes across the street to Oakes detailing for full paint prep, partial X-pel protection and CQuartz application.

Toured both shops yesterday. Two very impressive operations. Big thanks to James and Nick for being so generous with their time. I can't wait to see the finished product. Hopefully, I'll have some good pics to post.
The following users liked this post:
Shane@CountyCorvette (03-15-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 11:35 AM
jluke
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaIsleZ06
My NRB Z is heading over to County Corvette in West Chester, PA, this week to get a little carbon fiber TLC. They are installing APR rocker skirts and front wheel well spats. From there, she goes across the street to Oakes detailing for full paint prep, partial X-pel protection and CQuartz application.

Toured both shops yesterday. Two very impressive operations. Big thanks to James and Nick for being so generous with their time. I can't wait to see the finished product. Hopefully, I'll have some good pics to post.
I will be interested in your comments after the detail of your NRB Z.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:43 AM
RS4EVA
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by jluke
I will be interested in your comments after the detail of your NRB Z.
Hey jluke, are you the guy with the white Stingray? I've got the Gray Z06 thats in the area.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:32 PM
jklein7
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Nick Is the best

Don't know about County Corvette however Nick is the best. He wrapped my DSOM and did a fantastic job at a great price. Expert and very professional. You will enjoy the finished product.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:40 PM
jluke
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RS4EVA
Hey jluke, are you the guy with the white Stingray? I've got the Gray Z06 thats in the area.
No, I have a Night Race Blue 2014.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:45 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Did I see you there? I was the first Z nick did and my post started a rush of Z's. I had the luguna blue. Nick does great work.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:40 PM
SeaIsleZ06
Instructor

Originally Posted by jdmdohcpower
Did I see you there? I was the first Z nick did and my post started a rush of Z's. I had the luguna blue. Nick does great work.
I was just leaving as a beautiful Laguna Blue Z was arriving. I was quite impressed talking to Nick. I'm glad to know he has worked on quite a few Zs. I can't wait to see the finished product.

For the most part, my car has been in storage since I took delivery in December so it was like Christmas all over again when I brought her home last week. Looking forward to putting on some miles now that the break-in period is done and the car will be properly protected with the skirts, X-Pel and cQuartz.

-John
Old 03-14-2016, 05:20 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Please tell Nick at Oakes I said hello! We know each other from AcuraZine.com

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-14-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:24 PM
SeaIsleZ06
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Please tell Nick at Oakes I said hello! We know each other from AcuraZine.com
Will do.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:35 PM
0Shane@CountyCorvette
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to hear your first impressions. Thanks for the positive feedback. You'll have to post up some photos once everything is installed and detailed!

-Shane
Old 04-08-2016, 07:07 AM
jluke
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Any update?
Old 04-10-2016, 10:35 AM
SeaIsleZ06
Instructor

Originally Posted by jluke