C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

NORCAL SS C7 Z06 Gauge. 1 gauge does it all.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Dfwz06
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

so will this read knock, and data log?
can you program it to flash anytime is detects knock?
will it read boost correctly?
Old 04-01-2017, 10:54 PM
ACS55
Pro

Received 240 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by ACS55
After connecting the "c7 Z06 Gauge"....
I just spent an hour actually trying to find the "ic pump" option, and then trying to get it to work... so allow me to share my experience to save YOUR time in the future, if you are installing (or using) this gauge.

1. Make sure your car is OFF and the ACC mode is ON:
Simply pressing the start/stop button does NOT put your car into Accessory mode, even though many believe this, and this is the erroneous information that I found when I researched this. You actually have to HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN for 7-10 seconds (without your foot on the brake (or clutch) in order for the ACC mode to be enabled.
2. Hit both buttons (on the gauge) at the same time to go to the "function menu".
3. Hit the left button to scroll down through a few screens, until you find the "controls" option, and then use the right button to select "controls".
4. Use the left button again to scroll down until you get to "ic pump", then select "ic pump" using the right button.
After you do this, you will see this message on the screen:
"Hit any key to exit". You should also hear the IC PUMP begin running, if you listen close enough.
5. To turn it off, you must hit the left button (on the gauge), NOT "any button" as the message indicates.

Hope this helps you guys!!

My next challenge is to actually mount the gauge, I watched the video and I really do not want to disassemble all of those parts off of the dash, that looks like a major PITA.
Alternate mounting locations, anyone????

Thanks, Andy
Well, I finally got around to installing the guage today, as well as the wide band functionality.
I welded in a bung on the LH lead pipe (pre-cat) for the wide band sensor, and then wired it through the harness and box to the gauge as instructed. I used the "ign.on 12v source" from the lighter in the console..it's pretty easy to access.. you only have to unbolt the console lid, then snap off the leather pad on the LH side of the console, then unsnap the back part of the console/shifter bezel to gain access to it.

I didn't want to install the gauge behind the screen for two reasons:
1. too much trouble dismantling the dash.
2. too difficult to see the gauge while making a drag or wot pass.

Instead, I made a custom mount and installed it in a steel guage pod..see the picture below. I made a flat bracket, and then unsnapped the padded leather cover above the cluster, then bolted the bracket down, then snapped the cover back down.

As i noted before, the instructions with the gauge are not detailed enough... therefore plan on spending extra time feeling your way through things yourself.

Andy

Last edited by ACS55; 04-03-2017 at 04:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
The Rock1 (04-10-2018)
Old 04-03-2017, 04:39 AM
ACS55
Pro

Default Added more pics.

couple more pics added...

I fabricated a flat bracket that sandwiched between the silver strip piece and the leather dash cover. It bolts down with the RH factory bolt that holds the silver strip piece down. No holes drilled--nothing damaged, totally reversible.

Last edited by ACS55; 04-03-2017 at 04:47 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:08 AM
ACS55
Pro

Originally Posted by Dfwz06
so will this read knock, and data log?
can you program it to flash anytime is detects knock?
will it read boost correctly?
It does read knock retard.
Tony replied earlier in this thread that it "records the run", but I haven't gotten this deep into the functionality yet... related to your data logging question.
Tony also replied that it records boost correctly by selecting the KPA option, I haven't tried this yet but it appears there may be some disagreement on if that actually reads correctly, or not.

The instructions provided with this gauge are very confusing and inadequate, but it does refer to a few online resources which I will take a pic of and include...that's where I will be headed next for more education on the programming and functionality.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:15 AM
wagoetzmann
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Scan Gauge - Annunciator "P1 AND P2" - Can't Seem To Select P1/P2 Correctly?

I have a Scan Gauge markings. CN201 V3.8.2 and Wideband Sens 020 Kit purchased new 01/29/2017 from Anton “Tony” Lukezic at C7Z06Store, norcalss06.

I can’t seem to get the P1 AND P2 annunciator to work correctly and believe I’m doing something wrong when selecting the parameters.

There does not seem to be a clear “exit” after selecting P1 or P2 except going to the end of the list and pressing the left button?

Can someone give me clear step by step instructions on how to select P1/P2 and exit to the value screen.

I am wanting to annunciate when Analog (afr wideband) is above 012.5 and RPM is above 04000. This is what I have been seeing and doing on the gauge....and it doesn't work?
1. Select “P1 and P2” then “exit”
2. Try to Select P1 Analog 1 (wideband) which is the last parameter in the list to pick, press left button to highlight Analog 1, press right button and it goes to value. (Something is wrong, not “exit”?)
3. Set P1 value then “exit”
4. Set P1 “above” the “exit”.
5. Try to Select P2 RPM, press left button to highlight RPM then left button to select, then right button to get to the end of the list Analog 1, press right button and it goes to value. (Something is wrong, not “exit”?)
6. Set P2 value then “exit”
7. Set P2 “above” then “exit”
8. The annunciator will annunciate when the rpm is above the set point no matter what the wideband is reading....what am I doing wrong?
Old 05-01-2017, 05:45 PM
wagoetzmann
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by wagoetzmann
Scan Gauge - Annunciator "P1 AND P2" - Can't Seem To Select P1/P2 Correctly?

I have a Scan Gauge markings. CN201 V3.8.2 and Wideband Sens 020 Kit purchased new 01/29/2017 from Anton “Tony” Lukezic at C7Z06Store, norcalss06.

I can’t seem to get the P1 AND P2 annunciator to work correctly and believe I’m doing something wrong when selecting the parameters.

There does not seem to be a clear “exit” after selecting P1 or P2 except going to the end of the list and pressing the left button?

Can someone give me clear step by step instructions on how to select P1/P2 and exit to the value screen.

I am wanting to annunciate when Analog (afr wideband) is above 012.5 and RPM is above 04000. This is what I have been seeing and doing on the gauge....and it doesn't work?
1. Select “P1 and P2” then “exit”
2. Try to Select P1 Analog 1 (wideband) which is the last parameter in the list to pick, press left button to highlight Analog 1, press right button and it goes to value. (Something is wrong, not “exit”?)
3. Set P1 value then “exit”
4. Set P1 “above” the “exit”.
5. Try to Select P2 RPM, press left button to highlight RPM then left button to select, then right button to get to the end of the list Analog 1, press right button and it goes to value. (Something is wrong, not “exit”?)
6. Set P2 value then “exit”
7. Set P2 “above” then “exit”
8. The annunciator will annunciate when the rpm is above the set point no matter what the wideband is reading....what am I doing wrong?
I found the answer - analog 2 has to be picked in the initial set up (even though it is not being used for anything) and you push both buttons at the same time to pick the P1 and P2 choices.

Just thought I would document this here in case anyone else ran into this issue since there are no written instructions telling us this.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:57 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomTask
I'm surprised no tuner has 'hacked' the digital screen yet; there's got to be a way to reprogram that thing. . .
I think I know how to display information on the DIC and HUD, the only problem is you have to be in NAV mode, since what I'd do is basically send fake turn-by-turn info.

The DIC/HUD will eagerly display turn-by-turn info in response to the correct CAN packet, but I don't think you can (or necessarily should) switch the current mode to NAV to force its display.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:39 AM
patrick4588
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

How is the wideband sensor hooking up? With no controller? Is it plug and play or need to hardwire in?
Old 11-23-2017, 11:07 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts

Comes with controller
Old 01-31-2018, 05:00 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Reads e85 also
Old 04-09-2018, 10:49 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Brackets back in stock
Old 04-10-2018, 06:32 AM
The Rock1
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by ACS55
couple more pics added...

I fabricated a flat bracket that sandwiched between the silver strip piece and the leather dash cover. It bolts down with the RH factory bolt that holds the silver strip piece down. No holes drilled--nothing damaged, totally reversible.

I made the same type of bracket for my boost gauge on my 14 Stingray a while ago.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:20 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Certainly on my to do list...
Old 06-04-2018, 12:06 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Another 20 mounts in powdercoating..... should be available next week
Old 06-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Drew27
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by hksevo9
yeah Vengeance emailed you guys because my boost wasn't reading a while back. I just haven't been able to send it back yet and it's not urgent lol.
It was also listed as the NorcalSS gauge when they sold it to me w their stg2 pkg.
ill have the car back from the dealer this weekend so I'll recheck. There's a ton of options when I scrolled. I just don't recall the IC pump. Then again I mostly leave it on Alcohol% and IAT2

Tom
I think you should be reading MAT instead of IAT2 if your trying to see post blower temps
Old 07-27-2018, 12:48 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

New batch of brackets just came in
Old 10-09-2018, 01:46 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

bump to the top

Get notified of new replies

To NORCAL SS C7 Z06 Gauge. 1 gauge does it all.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:37 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Just got 30 brackets back in stock. Gauges ready to ship also
Old 12-14-2018, 11:21 AM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Tony I am a novice concerning E-85 so bear with me. How does the gauge controller read alcohol content? Is this a standard GM flex fuel sensor setup?? I want to monitor A/F, alcohol %. I already have a WB sensor/gauge setup mounted in the dash cubby which interfaces with my HP Tuners MPVI thru the OBD plug. What do I need with you're gauge to use E85 & monitor alcohol % at the strip as well as straight 93 pump gas on the street and will it interface with directly with my HP tuners for data logging runs? I understand that the car has to be set up for E85 thru HP Tuners but I don't understand how this is done at this point.

Last edited by jstewart; 12-14-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:27 AM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by jstewart
Tony I am a novice concerning E-85 so bear with me. How does the gauge controller read alcohol content? Is this a standard GM flex fuel sensor setup?? I want to monitor A/F, alcohol %, and use my HP tuners MPVI to data log run data. Will this gauge interface with my WB sensor and HP controllers MPVI? I already have a WB sensor/gauge setup mounted in the dash cubby which interfaces with my HP Tuners thru the OBD plug. What do I need with you're gauge to use E85 & monitor alcohol % at the strip as well as straight 93 pump gas on the street? I understand that the car has to be set up for this thru HP Tuners but I don't understand how this is done.
I assume you have the AEM air/fuel gauge. I don't think the NORCAL gauge will send wideband data to HPTuners like the AEM gauge for datalogging, or that was what my research indicated when I was looking for an air fuel gauge to mount in the car. I use the AEM in combination with Dash Logic to monitor A/F and E content.

Last edited by fleming23; 12-14-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NORCAL SS C7 Z06 Gauge. 1 gauge does it all.