C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

NORCAL SS C7 Z06 Gauge. 1 gauge does it all.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 08:18 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by marc0779
Will this read e 85 content?
yes it does
Old 09-28-2016, 02:47 PM
BJ67
Melting Slicks

Received 591 Likes on 372 Posts

I would like to read actual afr. What is needed beside this guage
Old 09-28-2016, 03:44 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BJ67
I would like to read actual afr. What is needed beside this guage
I also offer the wide band kit with Bosch sensor for 195. 0lugs into gauge and reads afr
Old 10-19-2016, 04:44 PM
hksevo9
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vengeance installed your gauge when they did my stage2 pkg. How do I turn on the IC water pump through the gauge?
Old 10-19-2016, 04:48 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hksevo9
Vengeance installed your gauge when they did my stage2 pkg. How do I turn on the IC water pump through the gauge?

Easy
Put the car in accessory mode
On gauge scroll thru the options and you will see one say ic pump
Click on it and you will hear pump go on
This is what I use in staging lanes after putting ice in the hx tank and it cools down blower niecly
Old 10-19-2016, 05:28 PM
hksevo9
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NORCAL-SS
Easy
This is what I use in staging lanes after putting ice in the hx tank and it cools down blower niecly
sweet, thx!!
I don't recall seeing IC Pump when I used to scroll through all the sensors, but I'll check it when I get my car back this wknd. I also only saw IAT2. Is it possible my options are fixed differently? I have the alcohol % used for flex fuel, so maybe it was custom?
Old 10-19-2016, 06:24 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hksevo9
sweet, thx!!
I don't recall seeing IC Pump when I used to scroll through all the sensors, but I'll check it when I get my car back this wknd. I also only saw IAT2. Is it possible my options are fixed differently? I have the alcohol % used for flex fuel, so maybe it was custom?
Are you sure try bought gauge from me?? Some shops just buy the bracket and then get gauge but they have wrong programming so doesn't list intercooler. Should be next to fan setting
Old 10-19-2016, 06:53 PM
hksevo9
Intermediate

Are you sure try bought gauge from me?? Some shops just buy the bracket and then get gauge but they have wrong programming so doesn't list intercooler. Should be next to fan setting
yeah Vengeance emailed you guys because my boost wasn't reading a while back. I just haven't been able to send it back yet and it's not urgent lol.
It was also listed as the NorcalSS gauge when they sold it to me w their stg2 pkg.
ill have the car back from the dealer this weekend so I'll recheck. There's a ton of options when I scrolled. I just don't recall the IC pump. Then again I mostly leave it on Alcohol% and IAT2

Tom
Old 11-14-2016, 11:41 PM
ACS55
Pro

Received 240 Likes on 147 Posts

Couple of questions...
The "HX Tank" that you refer to... I don't see this on your website. Is this the same as the "GranTank INtercooler expansion tank"?
Is this the tank that's needed in order to be able to turn on the intercooler pump while the engine is off?
Can you please explain the ICE comment? Does this tank actually have a lid that you open and insert ice, or do you just put a bag of ice atop the tank?
Sorry just trying to find a way to keep the blower cool, so that I can run over and over again at the 1/4 mile without loosing power.
Thx

Easy
Old 11-15-2016, 08:37 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ACS55
Couple of questions...
The "HX Tank" that you refer to... I don't see this on your website. Is this the same as the "GranTank INtercooler expansion tank"?
Is this the tank that's needed in order to be able to turn on the intercooler pump while the engine is off?
Can you please explain the ICE comment? Does this tank actually have a lid that you open and insert ice, or do you just put a bag of ice atop the tank?
Sorry just trying to find a way to keep the blower cool, so that I can run over and over again at the 1/4 mile without loosing power.
Thx
yes the granatelli tank. you can open the tank and put Ice in it. then you turn on the intercooler pump with my gauge which Wil cool.down the blower fast.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:38 AM
ACS55
Pro

Excellent, this is probably what I need then.

My goal is to be able to "hot lap" the car, then get right back in the line after each run, (after adding ice) without a loss of power due to supercharger heat soak.
I am hoping that the Granatelli tank and the intercooler pump controlling guage kit that you offer will accomplish this.

yes the granatelli tank. you can open the tank and put Ice in it. then you turn on the intercooler pump with my gauge which Wil cool.down the blower fast.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:44 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ACS55
Excellent, this is probably what I need then.

My goal is to be able to "hot lap" the car, then get right back in the line after each run, (after adding ice) without a loss of power due to supercharger heat soak.
I am hoping that the Granatelli tank and the intercooler pump controlling guage kit that you offer will accomplish this.

yes it will. I've sold many and have same set up on my own car
Old 11-15-2016, 02:29 PM
houdini13
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just a heads up... I have this gauge in my LT4 16 CTS-V and it does not read boost correctly. Aeroforce says they heard the same with the Z06 and will need to get one of these cars in there to figure it out. Once they do that, I'd have to ship the gauge back to them for another reflash.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:53 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by houdini13
Just a heads up... I have this gauge in my LT4 16 CTS-V and it does not read boost correctly. Aeroforce says they heard the same with the Z06 and will need to get one of these cars in there to figure it out. Once they do that, I'd have to ship the gauge back to them for another reflash.
kpa reads correctly which is boost
The following users liked this post:
houdini13 (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 06:10 PM
houdini13
Heel & Toe

^Sweet. Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:19 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Black friday price $275 shipped
Old 12-20-2016, 05:13 PM
MAXXPSI
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 70 Posts

is there a way to run your gauge and a second obd device at same time? I use a bluetooth obd plug for the trackaddict software. thanks

Get notified of new replies

To NORCAL SS C7 Z06 Gauge. 1 gauge does it all.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:34 PM
houdini13
Heel & Toe

kpa reads correctly which is boost
On the V3, MAP kpa reads incorrectly as well. Does it read correctly on the Z06?
Old 12-21-2016, 11:28 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MAXXPSI
is there a way to run your gauge and a second obd device at same time? I use a bluetooth obd plug for the trackaddict software. thanks

no sorry
Old 01-12-2017, 10:53 PM
ACS55
Pro

Default More detail on the operation of the IC PUMP, with engine off.

After connecting the "c7 Z06 Gauge"....
I just spent an hour actually trying to find the "ic pump" option, and then trying to get it to work... so allow me to share my experience to save YOUR time in the future, if you are installing (or using) this gauge.

1. Make sure your car is OFF and the ACC mode is ON:
Simply pressing the start/stop button does NOT put your car into Accessory mode, even though many believe this, and this is the erroneous information that I found when I researched this. You actually have to HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN for 7-10 seconds (without your foot on the brake (or clutch) in order for the ACC mode to be enabled.
2. Hit both buttons (on the gauge) at the same time to go to the "function menu".
3. Hit the left button to scroll down through a few screens, until you find the "controls" option, and then use the right button to select "controls".
4. Use the left button again to scroll down until you get to "ic pump", then select "ic pump" using the right button.
After you do this, you will see this message on the screen:
"Hit any key to exit". You should also hear the IC PUMP begin running, if you listen close enough.
5. To turn it off, you must hit the left button (on the gauge), NOT "any button" as the message indicates.

Hope this helps you guys!!

My next challenge is to actually mount the gauge, I watched the video and I really do not want to disassemble all of those parts off of the dash, that looks like a major PITA.
Alternate mounting locations, anyone????

Thanks, Andy

Easy
The following 3 users liked this post by ACS55:
ajrothm (01-13-2017), MAXXPSI (01-12-2017), ZR1-ab (11-23-2017)

Quick Reply: NORCAL SS C7 Z06 Gauge. 1 gauge does it all.