C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Any idea when dealers see 2017 allocations in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 08:06 AM
jordanC6Z06
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Any idea when dealers see 2017 allocations in Canada?

Looking at a 2017, once they come out in 6 weeks that is. Does anyone know when dealers start seeing allocations for them in Canada? Also, has anyone had any dealers sell a Z06 under msrp on Ontario or Manitoba? Trying to find a good dealer to do business with. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2016, 08:24 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

You would be lucky to see a 2017 in Canada by late fall. GM Canada does not go out of their way to satisfy Corvette customers in Canada since this car is not core to their business model in Canada. Allocations are mostly based on a dealers previous years sales. Don't get caught leaving a sizeable deposit to a dealer who says he has allocation and your order never gets past the input stage. There are a number of posts about this. The largest dealers in Canada have the best chance of allocation however there are a number of smaller dealers that get single allocations. Also think hard about where you will get the car serviced. If you don't have a local dealer that has a Corvette trained mechanic you will not be happy and spend a lot of time travelling elsewhere. Good luck but you will be waiting because demand always exceeds supply.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:25 AM
BT ZR1
2009 ZR1 SN 1166
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

They will not start production of the 17, Z06 until September. You will be hard pressed to find one under list. PM me and I can refer you to a straight shooter that will get allocation. But all you can get now is, basically a spot on a list.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:32 AM
jordanC6Z06
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the responses. I've been trying to keep up on this. And from what I see I wouldn't expect to see the car until spring of 2017. I have called a couple dealers and they say they usually get 3-4 allocations, one still had one for a 2016 allocation, so I have tossed my name in there to save a spot for a 2017, but they said it will be a bit yet. Does anyone have any dealers that they would recommend to stay away from?

Get notified of new replies

To Any idea when dealers see 2017 allocations in Canada?

Quick Reply: Any idea when dealers see 2017 allocations in Canada?