C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Ported Blower Results!!! c7z06owners.com teams up with Jokerz Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 03:42 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by D3PE
It would be up to you to modify the hoses and reroute them. As for now all we provide is the dual oil cooler option.
Totally understand! It was meant as a compliment.

What do you do with the stock aux cooler? Is there any way of using that to help cool the engine water better? Or is the added oil cooling more than sufficient with your twin kit?
Old 09-05-2017, 11:34 AM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Totally understand! It was meant as a compliment.

What do you do with the stock aux cooler? Is there any way of using that to help cool the engine water better? Or is the added oil cooling more than sufficient with your twin kit?
If you're talking about the factory oil cooler then you can toss it once you install our oil cooler system. It is replaced by a billet machined piece that has a thermostat built into it.

You won't have any oil cooling issues ESPECIALLY with the dual oil cooler option.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:40 PM
spoolin98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 98 Posts

Any chance you could post pictures of the different "stages" of porting?
Old 09-23-2018, 01:17 PM
HessViper
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NORCAL-SS
I have teamed up with Jokers Performance to bring the community a Ported Blower option for our Z06S. This blower option has been working great for the v3 guys on my other site ctsvowners.com

Here is a before/after on the same car. NO TUNING done just ported blower vs stock. Max power/torque only tell half of the story...... look at the overall gain across the entire rpm range plus also boost goes up a little. The drop in high end is due to the fact oem intake isnt supplying enough.

STAGE 1 90MM $900
STAGE 1 CONSISTS OF BASIC POT JOB TO OPEN UP SNOUT AND BLOWER

STAGE 2 90MM $1000
STAGE 2 CONSISTS OF BASIC PORT JOB AND EXTENDING OF THE INLET

STAGE 3 90MM $1250
STAGE 3 INCLUDES WELDING SNOUT AND BLOWER AND EXTENDING OF THE INLET

ADD $100 FOR 102MM PORTING

3-4 week wait time

PM ME TO SET IT UP

Any questions feel free to ask and as always I'm around 24/7 to help so if you have any questions just holler back or call/text me 415 519 2432

Tony
Met someone at the car show in palm beach today, who explained to me a few things about these cars that are his belief, and after studying this graph which he pointed me towards, as well as many others that are on his phone, I believe he is right.

First I need to confirm that the 2 lines in the graph do not actually cross, they merge for a moment at highest psi boost, but then then the taller line goes back to being above the lower line.

If that is indeed the case, then this graph, and others like it, are the smoking gun that when the cars reach certain boost psi level at the MAP, the car's computer chooses to intentionally pull timing and/or run rich to limit power.

For instance, if after the HP lines merge, if this merger was due to the intake pipe being the limiting factor, then as the rpm continue to increase, the 2 HP lines should stay merged all the way to the peak rpm point, as the car only consumes more and more air as rpm increases, thus the intake pipe being a limiting factor would remain as a constant.

But instead, the 2 lines separate again, and the top line regains its lead over the bottom line.

This is because (in his theory) the boost level in the manifold in the car drops off right towards the peak RPM (this drop is shown in your graph above in the bottom boost PSI section), as the engine consumes the air at a higher flow rate than the blower pumps at peak rpm, and once the map pressure psi limit or threshold is no longer being hit, then the car's computer ceases to reduce engine power via the methods of retarding the timing and/or running a richer AFR.

He went on to say that this entire situation is further resolved/avoided when one uses the Norcal Catless Downpipes, as the blower flows more air with less restriction once the cats are removed, so equal or more oxygen is moved into the chamber per revolution cycle, without as high of MAP pressures.

He explained that this is why the tests on what the Norcal downpipes gains vary customer to customer.

For instance, if the customer's car is already making excessive psi and the car is already limiting HP prior to the norcal pipes being installed, then the Norcal downpipe installation will allow for much larger gains to be realized as some of the the gains were already there on the intake side, but were being limited by the computer.

In these cases where the gains from a ported blower or better flowing intake system or faster pulley setup etc were already being limited by the stock tune, the customer sees the Norcal downpipe gains plus the gains from the already existent intake side modifications upon installing the downpipes lacking the cat restriction, as the lack of cats brings the manifold MAP psi down a few notches, so the car's computer no longer limits HP by pulling timing and/or running rich, as it was prior to the norcal downpipes being installed.

This becomes important at lower altitudes sooner than it does than cars at higher altitudes, as MAP pressures are naturally higher in the manifold where the air is thicker vs where the air is thinner. People at higher altitudes apparently need not worry about this unless they do tremendous mods which create 3+ psi vs their stock configurations.

He went on to say this is how the zr1 will have to be tricked as well, with either headers or Norcal downpipes. He says the stock tune is fully capable of handling more air flow, but the thresholds the car is looking for have to be avoided, to keep the car from limiting power as more air flow is achieved.

I write this theory here, as he was a strong advocate that if I buy a z06 and drive it here at sea level in florida, the first upgrade I should do are the norcal pipes, especially if I plan to do other mods, and retain the stock tune, and avoid limp mode and engine codes.

Last edited by HessViper; 09-24-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Ported Blower Results!!! c7z06owners.com teams up with Jokerz Performance