C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Callaway SC757 review

Old 05-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Sunny_M3
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris
As with our SC627 Stingray Package, the SC757 Z06 Package offers the Callaway Sport Exhaust System as an option.

So the price without exhaust spec'd is $17,995. Thanks.

www.callawaycars.com

info@callawaycars.com
I was wondering how Callaway works with the GM Warranty? If something goes wrong with the car, do I just take it straight to the dealership? Do I have to let the dealership know before I get the package? How is the future value of the car affected? So sorry for all of the questions; haha!
Old 05-06-2016, 05:02 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3
I was wondering how Callaway works with the GM Warranty? If something goes wrong with the car, do I just take it straight to the dealership? Do I have to let the dealership know before I get the package? How is the future value of the car affected? So sorry for all of the questions; haha!

Our warranty, which is unique and the delivers the best coverage of any specialty manufacturer, is outlined here:
http://www.callawaycars.com/homepage...ranty-program/

If you do have an issue, take the car to your dealer, let them know the issue, and have them call us if needed for technical assistance. Your GM warranty remains in effect, unblocked, and supplemented by the Callaway coverage outlined in the link above.

You don't have to let the dealership know.

How's the future value affected? Lots of variables, but the majority of our customers seem to do okay on resale, to the point many are 2nd, 3rd, and more time owners of our vehicles. I think that says a lot.

I personally sold a Callaway in 2012 which I owned for about a year and a half. Did just fine on resale, and the owner just sold our car, trading it, and another car for a new Callaway SC757 Z06

I hope this helps. And thanks for the questions.

info@callawaycars.com
Old 05-06-2016, 05:06 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,423 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3
Chris may want to comment further - but you just take it to your dealer. They and Callaway work together and you're back on the road.

In my experience you won't need the Callaway warranty for their stuff. I've owned a prior Callaway - prior to this one - and drove the pants off that car for over 4 years. Not one issue. They use proven stuff. To me - and this is just me - the value of how well they flange up with warranty protection with GM, is if some other part of the car takes a dump on me, I don't have to fight with GM over whether the mods caused it, get sideways arguing over warranty coverage with GM, blah, blah. With the new C7 platform, that resonated with me - at least until I've got enough miles on mine to know the various systems in the car aren't going to suffer some infant mortality that sometimes happens.
The following 2 users liked this post by OnPoint:
hootowlc7 (05-08-2016), jstewart (03-22-2019)
Old 05-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Sunny_M3
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Our warranty, which is unique and the delivers the best coverage of any specialty manufacturer, is outlined here:
http://www.callawaycars.com/homepage...ranty-program/

If you do have an issue, take the car to your dealer, let them know the issue, and have them call us if needed for technical assistance. Your GM warranty remains in effect, unblocked, and supplemented by the Callaway coverage outlined in the link above.

You don't have to let the dealership know.

How's the future value affected? Lots of variables, but the majority of our customers seem to do okay on resale, to the point many are 2nd, 3rd, and more time owners of our vehicles. I think that says a lot.

I personally sold a Callaway in 2012 which I owned for about a year and a half. Did just fine on resale, and the owner just sold our car, trading it, and another car for a new Callaway SC757 Z06

I hope this helps. And thanks for the questions.

info@callawaycars.com
Great! Thank you! Also, two last questions, how does the SC 757 package deal with the extra heat from the new supercharger? Have you found that the extra HP makes the care more unruly and harder to control on the track? Thanks again!
Old 05-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Dabigsnake
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

In a nutshell, he wasn't a good fit with our product and in the end we did all we could to help get him into another Corvette with his dealer.

Even after delivery of the new car, he still called me one morning to ask, "if we'd consider cutting a hole in his hood", as he saw benefit in that, and also the benefits to our GenThree TripleCooled Supercharger.

But I said, and he seemed to agree, there would be other companies which might be a better fit. Moving on...
Oh my! And ol Busa-boyeeeee seemed like such a knowledgable ray of sunshine. Man, just imagine the real story behind this? "Not a good fit, he would be better served", that is what classy, professional businesses use as code for......"this guys a real D--- head, pain in the ---, no money is worth dealing with him". Amazing how the smoke clears sometimes and the truth prevails. Hopefully he will crawl back under that rock, but, I know better. That keyboard gives him the power he never had on the playground. What a shame, but he started this negative ---- again. Thanks Chris for your enlightenment.

Last edited by Dabigsnake; 05-07-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:23 PM
KEZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Dabigsnake
Oh my! And ol Busa-boyeeeee seemed like such a knowledgable ray of sunshine. Man, just imagine the real story behind this? "Not a good fit, he would be better served", that is what classy, professional businesses use as code for......"this guys a real D--- head, pain in the ---, no money is worth dealing with him". Amazing how the smoke clears sometimes and the truth prevails. Hopefully he will crawl back under that rock, but, I know better. That keyboard gives him the power he never had on the playground. What a shame, but he started this negative ---- again. Thanks Chris for your enlightenment.
Is Mr. Busa in Dallas? I think I met him at cars and coffee. Made me feel awesome about just having received my Callaway not too long ago. Sarc off. So far so good for me anyway.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Lipstic
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 60 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16,'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I love my hole in the hood, stickers and floor mats Not to mention the extra power.

Plus warranty and customer service.

Last edited by Lipstic; 05-08-2016 at 06:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
djpatrick35 (05-10-2016)
Old 05-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by KEZ06
Is Mr. Busa in Dallas? I think I met him at cars and coffee. Made me feel awesome about just having received my Callaway not too long ago. Sarc off. So far so good for me anyway.
here

Did you ever look into what we discussed? No need to answer I am not allowed to discuss it. Am at a huge disadvantage here.

Dabigoilyradiator is just not happy because he actually poured oil into his radiator. No kidding there is a picture on another thread.

Last edited by Busa Dave; 05-08-2016 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:51 PM
KEZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Busa Dave
here

Did you ever look into what we discussed? No need to answer I am not allowed to discuss it. Am at a huge disadvantage here.

Dabigoilyradiator is just not happy because he actually poured oil into his radiator. No kidding there is a picture on another thread.
No I didn't. I figured I am in too far anyway since I have already
Taken delivery of the vehicle and the warranty is what it is. If something arises I will just deal with all parties at that time.

It does strike me that you eventually were able to get out of your previous Z06 and in to another one so wouldn't you say it ended well enough?
Old 05-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Lipstic
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 60 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16,'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by KEZ06
No I didn't. I figured I am in too far anyway since I have already
Taken delivery of the vehicle and the warranty is what it is. If something arises I will just deal with all parties at that time.

It does strike me that you eventually were able to get out of your previous Z06 and in to another one so wouldn't you say it ended well enough?
I believe he had a C7 Callaway SC 627 not a Z06, traded it for a Z06...if I remember correctly? It's been a while so not sure.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:25 AM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Lipstic
I believe he had a C7 Callaway SC 627 not a Z06, traded it for a Z06...if I remember correctly? It's been a while so not sure.

Yes that is correct. The GSM at the Dealer worked it out over almost a week. Involved the DT of 3 vehicles including a future Z06 allocation. Was very complicated. That is all I can say.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:09 PM
bfales
Heel & Toe

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New C7 Callaway Z06

Well folks, just placed my order today for a 2019 Callaway SC757 Z06. Now i feel like a kid on Christmas eve, an hardly wait the few months it is going to take to get out of the factory and over to Callaway in Temecula. Hopefully in three months i will be driving it in the So Cal summer.

Will let you guys know my impressions when i get it, although i think I already know my impressions as I went and drove the demo at Callaway.

Sweet ride, can't wait

brad
The following 2 users liked this post by bfales:
Mikec7z (03-19-2019), SurfnSun (04-13-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 06:55 PM
salcolkat
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by bfales
Well folks, just placed my order today for a 2019 Callaway SC757 Z06. Now i feel like a kid on Christmas eve, an hardly wait the few months it is going to take to get out of the factory and over to Callaway in Temecula. Hopefully in three months i will be driving it in the So Cal summer.

Will let you guys know my impressions when i get it, although i think I already know my impressions as I went and drove the demo at Callaway.

Sweet ride, can't wait

brad
Congrats i still love mine after 2 years. Puts a big smile on my face every time i step on the fun pedal.
Mikec7z (03-19-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 07:32 AM
Savoy2001
Melting Slicks

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,108 Posts

Sweet ride, can't wait

brad
Congrats. You are going to love it. Everyone that sees mine stops me to ask about the Callaway conversion. Not to mention the car is a an animal. Smile on my face whenever I get a chance to drive mine.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:56 PM
smurfmacaw
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

You are going to love the car. I had mine at the San Diego International Auto Show on display with our club and it was a real attention getter. If you track the car get ready, it's a beast. Last track day I did there was any number of porsche and other guys coming up to me commenting on how fast it was.....typical comment was along the lines of "Wow, you smoked me on every straightaway!"

On a straight that I normally can get 125 or so with my wife's Z06, this car easily hits 136. Have to be careful on the corners though, if you get throttle happy you'll get a panoramic view of the race track.
Mikec7z (03-21-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 10:12 AM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Seems to me if I was in the market I would buy the Callaway 757 Z06 instead if a ZR1. Just wondering how each one compares to the other performance wise with the A8 trans??? Toss up based on advertised HP but the 757 sure has the better looks. Have not heard of anybody doing road course days with a 757 so don't know if Callaway solved all the cooling issues on the A8 cars.

Last edited by jstewart; 03-21-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Mikec7z (03-21-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 10:26 AM
JHEBERT
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 220 Posts

The 757 also has 778ftlbs (they advertise 777) and that is also more than the ZR1. Things to consider indeed.
Mikec7z (03-21-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Callaway SC757 review

Old 03-21-2019, 10:18 PM
manasota2565
8th Gear

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet ride, can't wait

brad
Brad, you will absolutely love it! One of the best things I've done! (Post of mine and pics here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...way-757-a.html )
Old 04-11-2019, 02:09 PM
bfales
Heel & Toe

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

My baby was built last week, on a truck right now headed to Kansas to get on a train. From Kansas to Miraloma on the train, by truck to Callaway in Murrietta.

Ordered the car on March 19th, and she's already heading West after three weeks. Pretty excite right now, can't wait to drive it and post some pics

Brad
Old 04-11-2019, 02:26 PM
dckotwicki
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Can I ask what was done and what was the cost?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Callaway SC757 review