C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Callaway SC757 review

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 09:05 PM
zaye
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Callaway SC757 review

Has been a few days since I got my car (2015 Z07 M7 3LZ) back from Callaway and I thought I would post my first impressions. I have had the opportunity to take it on a few drives totalling about 200 miles with a mix of back country twisties and Highway driving.

The bottom line is that the vehicle is incredible. There really is NO impression of this being an aftermarket modification - the car looks and drives like it came from factory this way. Kind of like an AMG version of the Z06!

I know that there are many on the forum debating dyno values and so on but I will tell you that my "butt dyno" tells me that the car is way more powerful than stock. There is a LOT more pull through the entire power band and I almost feel like 757 at the crank may be underrated. To be clear - I haven't verified this with a dyno and I have no plans of doing so since I can clearly tell the car is much more powerful than stock and frankly exceeds what I had expected. Power delivery is smooth and if anything the car feels more responsive than it was when stock.

I really liked the stock shifter but the Callaway short throw shifter is in a league of its own - every gear change is like a rifle shot - much more fun!

Only regret is that they were unable to do exhaust for me. I have heard a lot of positive feedback about their exhaust. Unfortunately when they had my car, they were changing suppliers and exhaust was back-ordered.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the results. Everything is as promised - the vehicle performs incredibly and feels faster than what I had expected. I don't really care about "bang for buck" calculations. I am happy to spend a premium for the workmanship and most importantly - if I ever have a problem - I intend to hold Callaway to their promise of backing their product up to the hilt. I have no doubt they would deliver- although - as I said - everything seems so well integrated that hopefully I never will have issues.

If someone is on the fence - I would strongly recommend it - you won't regret it!
The following 9 users liked this post by zaye:
arturox2 (05-05-2016), Callaway Chris (05-04-2016), djpatrick35 (05-04-2016), got2hav1 (04-13-2019), jeffjob (05-03-2016), kenownr (05-04-2016), L8T8 (05-04-2016), Oskee (05-07-2016), phantasms (05-03-2016) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-04-2016, 12:44 PM
SLWRNU
Safety Car

Received 372 Likes on 221 Posts

Have driven my Callaway about 800 miles and the performance is incredible. Displayed it at the IMSA race in Long Beach and Laguna Seca and the responses were "Wow" and even had one of the organizers thank me for bringing it as he had never seen one before.
Installation is factory like perfect. Tadge Juecter (Corvette chief engineer) was duly impressed.
And best of all was Doug Fehan's Corvette Racing team mgr's comment of "OH F**K, this car is f**king awesome".
Say what you will, but this is the complete package.
The following users liked this post:
Callaway Chris (05-04-2016)
Old 05-04-2016, 12:58 PM
conlaurant
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I just sold my 2013 Callaway SC606 and that version of there package was bullet proof, not to mention the amazing quality and workmanship, so I can only imagine. Plus they are a pleasure to deal with. Right now this Z is a beast so I will wait. Enjoy!
Old 05-04-2016, 03:34 PM
djpatrick35
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Your impressions line up with what I've experienced with my SC627. Spectacular car where the build quality is so good you don't know where stock ends and the mods begin under the hood and performs as if it was built like this in Bowling Green.

I love mine and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it - unless it's for another Callaway.

Last edited by djpatrick35; 05-05-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

never owned a Callaway product but def would not hesitate to, they are def top knotch
Old 05-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Runner717
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had my SC627 about 6 months put 3500 miles on the car before Callaway did the install,I've put 3000 miles since,the performance is outstanding car drives perfectly stock unless you get on it,the finish couldn't be better if it came from the factory
Love the Car if your on the fence do it
djpatrick35 (05-05-2016)
Old 05-05-2016, 02:23 AM
Dabigsnake
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Where are the track results? Anybody got 1/4 times with documented DA, ambient temps, etc. if I pay for 100 more hp, I want to prove it has 100more than stock. Roll race? Gimme something. I am ordering another Z, 2017. Thinking of Callaway. Is Mallet doing anything?
Old 05-05-2016, 11:13 AM
jklein7
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by zaye
Has been a few days since I got my car (2015 Z07 M7 3LZ) back from Callaway and I thought I would post my first impressions. I have had the opportunity to take it on a few drives totalling about 200 miles with a mix of back country twisties and Highway driving.

The bottom line is that the vehicle is incredible. There really is NO impression of this being an aftermarket modification - the car looks and drives like it came from factory this way. Kind of like an AMG version of the Z06!

I know that there are many on the forum debating dyno values and so on but I will tell you that my "butt dyno" tells me that the car is way more powerful than stock. There is a LOT more pull through the entire power band and I almost feel like 757 at the crank may be underrated. To be clear - I haven't verified this with a dyno and I have no plans of doing so since I can clearly tell the car is much more powerful than stock and frankly exceeds what I had expected. Power delivery is smooth and if anything the car feels more responsive than it was when stock.

I really liked the stock shifter but the Callaway short throw shifter is in a league of its own - every gear change is like a rifle shot - much more fun!

Only regret is that they were unable to do exhaust for me. I have heard a lot of positive feedback about their exhaust. Unfortunately when they had my car, they were changing suppliers and exhaust was back-ordered.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the results. Everything is as promised - the vehicle performs incredibly and feels faster than what I had expected. I don't really care about "bang for buck" calculations. I am happy to spend a premium for the workmanship and most importantly - if I ever have a problem - I intend to hold Callaway to their promise of backing their product up to the hilt. I have no doubt they would deliver- although - as I said - everything seems so well integrated that hopefully I never will have issues.

If someone is on the fence - I would strongly recommend it - you won't regret it!
Was the Callaway mods supposed to come with upgraded exhaust. How much price reduction without exhaust.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:35 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by jklein7
Was the Callaway mods supposed to come with upgraded exhaust. How much price reduction without exhaust.
As with our SC627 Stingray Package, the SC757 Z06 Package offers the Callaway Sport Exhaust System as an option.

So the price without exhaust spec'd is $17,995. Thanks.

www.callawaycars.com

info@callawaycars.com
Old 05-05-2016, 11:52 AM
arturox2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

...There is a LOT more pull through the entire power band... Power delivery is smooth and if anything the car feels more responsive than it was when stock.

...everything seems so well integrated that hopefully I never will have issues.

Car is more fun to drive and even more responsive in each gear!

Last edited by arturox2; 05-05-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:31 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Still love to see some sub-3 PDR zero to sixty runs from one of these. I know traction is challenging, but actually seeing a 2.8 come out of one of these would impress me all to heck.

Not saying they can't, just haven't seen it yet!
Old 05-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

Not fair to compare to a AMG at least the four that I have owned. A lot more to the AMG packages than a tune, hole in the hood, SC with go fast stickers on the side and back and floor mats.

Love the leather that the AMG upgrades have along with the suspension upgrades, wheels, tires, brakes and in some cases aero treatments not to mention the engine and transmission.

Last edited by Busa Dave; 05-05-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Detoxx03 (05-08-2016)
Old 05-05-2016, 01:18 PM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Dabigsnake
Where are the track results? Anybody got 1/4 times with documented DA, ambient temps, etc. if I pay for 100 more hp, I want to prove it has 100more than stock. Roll race? Gimme something. I am ordering another Z, 2017. Thinking of Callaway. Is Mallet doing anything?
This is what I haven't seen either. There are several Callaway owners on here. I'm not sure any of them have taken the car to the drag strip, let alone on a roadcourse. I'm curious if the overheat issue is still there.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:32 PM
djpatrick35
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 427Z0SX
This is what I haven't seen either. There are several Callaway owners on here. I'm not sure any of them have taken the car to the drag strip, let alone on a roadcourse. I'm curious if the overheat issue is still there.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...o-results.html

Bear in mind, JHEBERT's 757's results were at 1200 DA. It's a little early in the year to see how we're doing in terms of overheating. 757 owners should have more results as the seasons change.

Last edited by djpatrick35; 05-05-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:55 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by 427Z0SX

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...202-3-mph.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...z06-757-a.html

I haven't had mine on a road course yet, but I bet it manages heat at least as well as stock (mine is an M7). It actually runs cooler on the street than stock - tho as we all know, you can't come close to overworking these on the street/road. It traps several mph higher in the 1/4 than a stock M7, runs out stout above that, and pushes through the aero drag better (as shown by the first link above on 202+ run way up top; doubt we'll ever see a stock Z go north of 200).

OP - congrats on getting your Callaway. Too bad you didn't have the chance to the get the exhaust. I'd recommend you consider adding it. It sounds glorious - their best system yet.

And I agree with you, their short-throw shifter is a real honey. Love mine.

The car is a blast to drive.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:19 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Busa Dave
Not fair to compare to a AMG at least the four that I have owned. A lot more to the AMG packages than a tune, hole in the hood, SC with go fast stickers on the side and back and floor mats.

Love the leather that the AMG upgrades have along with the suspension upgrades, wheels, tires, brakes and in some cases aero treatments not to mention the engine and transmission.
I miss my CL65 in some ways, but alcantara on the headliner is about the biggest difference. I didn't find anything magical about it being an AMG car, other than perhaps beating Vipers while eating an ice cream cone with an empty baby seat in the back.

I think the comparison is apt. And "hole in the hood" is just a pejorative, why you would derive pleasure from insulting someone else's expensive choice... par for Corvette Forum, but still.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:32 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Busa Dave

Still not over the fact Callaway rejected you as a customer after you messed up the first car they built you huh? The continued butt hurt is amazing.
The following 2 users liked this post by SurfnSun:
Dabigsnake (05-07-2016), Ekurek (06-16-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Callaway SC757 review

Old 05-06-2016, 04:48 AM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by SurfnSun
Still not over the fact Callaway rejected you as a customer after you messed up the first car they built you huh? The continued butt hurt is amazing.

You need to get some better meds there buddy. The ones you are on are not cutting it.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:03 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
And "hole in the hood" is just a pejorative, why you would derive pleasure from insulting someone else's expensive choice...
Originally Posted by SurfnSun
Ah, now it adds up! I still don't know the story behind it, but it sounds more interesting...

Someone fill us in, or still "too soon"?

Old 05-06-2016, 03:36 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
Ah, now it adds up! I still don't know the story behind it, but it sounds more interesting...

Someone fill us in, or still "too soon"?

In a nutshell, he wasn't a good fit with our product and in the end we did all we could to help get him into another Corvette with his dealer.

Even after delivery of the new car, he still called me one morning to ask, "if we'd consider cutting a hole in his hood", as he saw benefit in that, and also the benefits to our GenThree TripleCooled Supercharger.

But I said, and he seemed to agree, there would be other companies which might be a better fit. Moving on...
The following 2 users liked this post by Callaway Chris:
Dabigsnake (05-07-2016), Ekurek (04-21-2019)

Quick Reply: Callaway SC757 review