C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

719 whp Z06 vs. built Yamaha R1

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 04:28 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
But, this turned out to be one of my better kills here online.
Some guys are so full of themselves they just jump all over ya, and with me they pay, over and over again. They make the mistake of discounting what I say and shoot off their mouths without really thinking about it. I thank them, over and over again!

You don't seem to understand. You don't make anyone pay with anything you say but instead make yourself look like a fool because every post you make is filled with nonsensical jibberish. Oh, and a few emoticons. Don't you find it odd that everyone that makes a comment to you says that nothing you say makes sense? I will give you a hint: The reason isn't because you are smarter than everyone else.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sub Driver:
FastestBusaAround (05-24-2016), johnglenntwo (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 06:52 AM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

That bike isnt a 9.8 second bike.Not by a longshot.Not driven the way the video shows it.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:23 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by camirocz
That bike isnt a 9.8 second bike.Not by a longshot.Not driven the way the video shows it.
100% the rider isn't even coming close to redline, which is probably in the 11-1200 rpm range.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:13 AM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
You don't seem to understand. You don't make anyone pay with anything you say but instead make yourself look like a fool because every post you make is filled with nonsensical jibberish. Oh, and a few emoticons. Don't you find it odd that everyone that makes a comment to you says that nothing you say makes sense? I will give you a hint: The reason isn't because you are smarter than everyone else.

The guy MOD's something in a R1 and says he has done 9.8 on a strip.

A new 9.8 Corvette plays with him on the street and beats him.

Any questions!?

Done!

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 05-24-2016 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 05-23-2016, 11:55 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
The guy MOD's something in a R1 and says he has done 9.8 on a strip.

A new 9.8 Corvette plays with him on the street and beats him.

Any questions?

Done!

Yea and I remember watching a video of a guy claiming he had 300rwhp who lost a race badly to an underground Lambo, the video is funny because the guy didn't have a turbo, looked to be running just a pipe and a tune, even with a built motor you can't hit 300rwhp without forced injection, even with a high to get 300/400/500 rwhp hp on a bike you need a properly built turbo setup.
They guy was FOS.
The closest to 300 rwhp you can get is from Carperter racing it makes around 290, but is a fully built stroked motor , strokers on bike run real hot and are more for racetrack than sitting in traffic , my Turbo busa never gets over stock temps, in stock and go everyday traffic , off course it's intercooler, and has the biggest twin spaul fans that fit, and an on off override just in case, but I've never had to use it.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 05-23-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:59 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Yea and I remember watching a video of a guy claiming he had 300rwhp who lost a race badly to an underground Lambo, the video is funny because the guy didn't have a turbo, looked to be running just a pipe and a tune, even with a built motor you can't hit 300rwhp without forced injection, even with a high shot of nitrous(which on a bike is 40hp) which he obviously didn't have, to get 300/400/500 hp on a bike you need a properly built turbo setup.
They guy was FOS.
what's forced injection?
Old 05-23-2016, 12:02 PM
solarstingray
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

both run 9s at the track looks about right,

bikes are quick but so are z06's especially from a roll
Old 05-23-2016, 03:32 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
what's forced injection?
Sorry forced INDUCTION( auto spell check) it looks like this.......

Originally Posted by solarstingray
both run 9s at the track looks about right,

bikes are quick but so are z06's especially from a roll
The roll is the Z06's weakest point, I gather you haven't driven one, people need to stop comparing bikes to cars, especially the ones who have never ridden a bike.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 05-24-2016 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 05-23-2016, 03:41 PM
jacksnorm
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Yea and I remember watching a video of a guy claiming he had 300rwhp who lost a race badly to an underground Lambo, the video is funny because the guy didn't have a turbo, looked to be running just a pipe and a tune, even with a built motor you can't hit 300rwhp without forced injection, even with a high to get 300/400/500 rwhp hp on a bike you need a properly built turbo setup.
They guy was FOS.
The closest to 300 rwhp you can get is from Carperter racing it makes around 290, but is a fully built stroked motor , strokers on bike run real hot and are more for racetrack than sitting in traffic , my Turbo busa never gets over stock temps, in stock and go everyday traffic , off course it's intercooler, and has the biggest twin spaul fans that fit, and an on off override just in case, but I've never had to use it.
Yeah thats Bobs All Motor package for the Busa and its not too streetable.

My Turbo Hayabusa made 440RWHP at 68"s it ran 7.95@185 it was a Stage2 Velocity Kit with water injection.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:13 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jacksnorm
Yeah thats Bobs All Motor package for the Busa and its not too streetable.

My Turbo Hayabusa made 440RWHP at 68"s it ran 7.95@185 it was a Stage2 Velocity Kit with water injection.
Yep that is exactly what I was referring to as my head went to Carperter , Bob ported it , O-ringed it and put his famous valves in.

Those are very good hp numbers/ times for a velocity kit , I went with the RCC race kit from Richard , I never measured my inches , but my mcintosh pro alum arm is 8 over, 10 over was just to long, Terry from mcintosh recommended the 8 over , and having the AMS 1000 tuned perfect, People don't need to go with the ugly long arms anymore.
I have 2 steel rear sprockets (17 on the front) I belive I'm running a 41 right now and have a 43 as a spare? , I basically left that decision to the pros.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:23 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

The roll is the Z06's weakest point, I gather you haven't driven one, people need to stop comparing bikes to cars, especially the ones who have never ridden a bike.
Depends where the roll is from. 30-130 is an A8's bread and butter. I did some damage with my previous auto Z from that speed. I guess I can't compare bikes to cars though, since I haven't been on one yet, raced a bunch though and pretty sure I won more than I lost
Old 05-23-2016, 04:33 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by tail_lights
Depends where the roll is from. 30-130 is an A8's bread and butter. I did some damage with my previous auto Z from that speed. I guess I can't compare bikes to cars though, since I haven't been on one yet, raced a bunch though and pretty sure I won more than I lost
The thing about being on a bike is that very few riders have the ***** to even go to redline, it is a compleatly different experience.
I beat an R1 in my Viper about a month ago, and we went at it from a dig, but being a rider, I know that it was just the rider who didn't know what he was doing, I don't even count that as a win, I know it wasn't the bike and would never be so delusional to think my car could actually beat a liter bike, I know better.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 05-23-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:50 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

The thing about being on a bike is that very few riders have the ***** to even go to redline, it is a compleatly different experience.
I beat an R1 in my Viper about a month ago, and we went at it from a dig, but being a rider, I know that it was just the rider who didn't know what he was doing, I don't even count that as a win, I know it wasn't the bike and would never be so delusional to think my car could actually beat a liter bike, I know better.
agree with this totally. most will def not ride a liter bike to its full potential, in fact most CANT. Ive had several bikes and this includes me. this is also the reason I believe most will never see the damage they can really do right out of the box...when a biker rolls along side of me and wants to go, I always say if you could really ride, ud be looking for another bike to battle with..Ill run him anyway cuz for the most part, theres nothing for me to lose..
Old 05-23-2016, 04:51 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

So if I grab a liter bike and race you and you beat me you will go back and tell everyone that you didn't win because you know you just beat the rider? You should never have to (want to) race then, just use magazine stats I guess.

You should be jumping all over these threads where auto Z06s get beat by Vipers and ZR1s because we know they have ET'd better than ZR1s and way better than any Viper (stock to stock). The Viper/ZR1 owners should never be so delusional (your words) to think their car could beat one that has run faster

I say run what you brung and hope you brought enough. ***** included in that statement

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
agree with this totally. most will def not ride a liter bike to its full potential, in fact most CANT. Ive had several bikes and this includes me. this is also the reason I believe most will never see the damage they can really do right out of the box...when a biker rolls along side of me and wants to go, I always say if you could really ride, ud be looking for another bike to battle with..Ill run him anyway cuz for the most part, theres nothing for me to lose..
with everything but your first sentence LOL

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 05-24-2016 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner of each post.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:30 PM
L Duncan
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

You're exactly correct! I've run bikes and cars for years both on the street in "rolls" as well as the strip. There is no chance in hell a car less than 1000 hp can compete with a bone stock liter bike, busa, or ZX14. Nice looking turbo bike there. I also have that same setup in a gen 2 busa. I went with the smaller turbo for faster spool and not the 35r...Have you roll raced that turbo bike against some of those big hp Lambos down around Houston?

Last edited by L Duncan; 05-23-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:41 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by tail_lights

So if I grab a liter bike and race you and you beat me you will go back and tell everyone that you didn't win because you know you just beat the rider? You should never have to (want to) race then, just use magazine stats I guess.

You should be jumping all over these threads where auto Z06s get beat by Vipers and ZR1s because we know they have ET'd better than ZR1s and way better than any Viper (stock to stock). The Viper/ZR1 owners should never be so delusional (your words) to think their car could beat one that has run faster

I say run what you brung and hope you brought enough. ***** included in that statement
Whatever , If that was true I would already have at least 15 bike kills posted, please try and find one.... It doesn't exist, I'm not delusional.
And FTR I've already beat an A8 Z06 in my viper, and my ZR1 (I just did those races last week... 6 of them actually.
And I haven't seen any hero runs at Byron, there are only a few tracks out there like MIR, where these hero runs are made in 30 degree weather and mine shaft air, those don't exists IL, sorry.

Originally Posted by L Duncan
You're exactly correct! I've run bikes and cars for years both on the street in "rolls" as well as the strip. There is no chance in hell a car less than 1000 hp can compete with a bone stock liter bike, busa, or ZX14. Nice looking turbo bike there. I also have that same setup in a gen 2 busa. I went with the smaller turbo for faster spool and not the 35r...Have you roll raced that turbo bike against some of those big hp Lambos down around Houston?
Thanks for the complements, that was early in the build, I ended going twin scroll and have a 12oz co2 bottle hidden underneath the rear fairing, I also keep 6 full spares, they last a few weeks anyway, and cost $3 to fill ,i have mounts attached to the frame, so it literally takes a couple minutes to change it out, it's the Garrett gt35 DBB, spaced out by rcc, by 6 K I'm already in full boost, it spools fast.
It's very cool when I turn the bike off, because you can hear the turbo spin for a couple of minutes, they now have triple ball bearing turbos and spec'd out gt45's that spool faster than the 28 and 30's , turbos are always improving.

You need to post pictures in off topic of your busa, only reason I posted mine here(with my pump gas tune) is because some smart *** asked for it, I have every picture from that 50 thousand dollar build from tear down to finished.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 05-24-2016 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner of each post.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:18 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

what's forced injection?
You can't hit 300 rwhp without it!

Originally Posted by camirocz
I agree. I think my 1000 Ninja with me driving could do better.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 05-24-2016 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner of each post.

Get notified of new replies

To 719 whp Z06 vs. built Yamaha R1

Old 05-24-2016, 01:06 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

You need to post pictures in off topic of your busa, only reason I posted mine here(with my pump gas tune) is because some smart *** asked for it, I have every picture from that 50 thousand dollar build from tear down to finished.
The funny part is, no one asked you for it yet you've posted at least two as if anyone really cares about your motorcycle. then to top off the lunacy, you mic drop. please post more self aggrandizing bs so we can point and laugh at you more. I've never seen someone who needs more positive affirmation yet is so successful with his jock strap company and so insecure! I work with athletes! Bahahaaaa. What is that supposed to mean to anyone?

Where's the org you promised to bring me, btw? Will they post pics of their awesome busas too?

Nytmerez at dinner?
http://www.hulu.com/watch/3526

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 05-24-2016 at 01:09 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Higgs Boson:
Lavender (05-24-2016), Snorman (05-24-2016), tail_lights (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 01:54 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Whatever , If that was true I would already have at least 15 bike kills posted, please try and find one.... It doesn't exist, I'm not delusional.
And FTR I've already beat an A8 Z06 in my viper, and my ZR1 (I just did those races last week... 6 of them actually.
And I haven't seen any hero runs at Byron, there are only a few tracks out there like MIR, where these hero runs are made in 30 degree weather and mine shaft air, those don't exists IL, sorry.
So did you ever actually get a 10-second timeslip with your Viper.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1590627612

That's an awesome story BTW. But I'm guessing you threw away the timeslip and a video would be like asking for the original copy of the Zapruder film. You were lying back then and I'll guarantee you're lying now. You have about zero credibility.

You can go to any number of tracks to see so-called "hero" runs with C7 Z06's. That includes Atco, Cecil, MIR, Orlando Speedworld and Bowling Green. But you keep living in your invented world with your fabricated claims.
S.
The following 2 users liked this post by Snorman:
Lavender (05-24-2016), tail_lights (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 05:44 AM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

whatever, go get your byker boyz and take them to the library so you can all learn something. I am clearly having this discussion with a meathead and I don't think I am alone in the sentiment.

Aerodynamics is BS, lol. Do you win dumbest post of the day every day or just on Thursdays? Yeah, I'll get laughed off the board with nervous laughter after I introduce basic physics to monkeys. Get them together so you can all fling your poop.

have a nice day, byker boy.
You obviously have no clue...

Quick Reply: 719 whp Z06 vs. built Yamaha R1