C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

How do I start the lap timer in Track mode?

Old 05-25-2016, 10:27 AM
eddie08z06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default How do I start the lap timer in Track mode?

Can anyone guide me on how to start the lap timer when the car is in track mode? (Timer on the dash next to the RPM screen. Thank you
Old 05-25-2016, 12:42 PM
wagoetzmann
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

I know mine works with the PDR, set the finish line and make one complete lap....then the timers start reading.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:09 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Go into PDR mode, dismiss the warning, tell it to start recording when you are ready. You will then need to mark the finish line to record lap times and map the track.

Setting the finish line in the pit lane may not work as your track line will not be close enough to the pit lane point to recognize it as being the same location. On some tracks, you can get close enough to the racing line to set the finish point by moving over toward the pit lane wall.

On others, you can mark a point at the end of the pit lane that is close enough to the racing line to work. And, finally, you can try to remember to mark the finish line on your first complete lap of your session. This is hard to remember.

Remember, you can mark the finish line anywhere along the track to get accurate lap times and GPS mapping so setting it at pit out is a good choice.

--Dan
The following users liked this post:
eddie08z06 (05-27-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 06:33 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

So your Lap Timer does NOT work the same as the performance timer, Per the Owners Manual? Some do some don't, what year build?

Performance Timer : Press p when Performance Timer is displayed to enter the menu. Press p while Set Start Speed is highlighted then use w or x to enter the start speed. Press SEL to save it. Press p while Set End Speed is highlighted then use w or x to enter the end speed. Press SEL to save it. After the start and end speeds have been entered, press o to set the Sport display to the set speeds and the performance timer is ready to use. On the next acceleration, the performance time will record the time. To reset the timer, highlight Reset on the performance timer menu and press SEL. Lap Timer : Press p when Lap Timer is displayed to start, stop, or reset the lap timer. A stopwatch
icon will be displayed when the lap timer is active. Press SEL while the Lap Timer page is active to start the timer. If the lamp timer is active, pressing SEL on any page will stop the current lap timer and start a new lap. Also, pressing and holding SEL on any page will stop the lap timer.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:11 AM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

performance timer and lap timer are different. You don't use the performance timer on track, you use the lap timer. You can get some performance date from the PDR file in cosworth later any how.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:23 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by DRLC5
So your Lap Timer does NOT work the same as the performance timer, Per the Owners Manual? Some do some don't, what year build?
Lap Timer : Press p when Lap Timer is displayed to start, stop, or reset the lap timer. A stopwatch
icon will be displayed when the lap timer is active. Press SEL while the Lap Timer page is active to start the timer. If the lamp timer is active, pressing SEL on any page will stop the current lap timer and start a new lap. Also, pressing and holding SEL on any page will stop the lap timer.
As you say "Some do some don't"

The Owner's Manual reference above indicates there's a "Lap Timer" that I don't have in my 2016!!

I only have the Performance Timer discussed in my 2016 Owner's Manual, but I don't have the Lap Timer that they talk about.

The only "Lap Timer" I have that displays the times on the Track mode display is to set a Finish Line in the PDR, then it will display the times in the upper left corner of the Track display.

However, I have come across another "timer" that is pretty much useless. In any instrument mode display (doesn't matter if you're in Eco, Tour, Sport, Track, etc.), if you select "Info" and then scroll down through the various displays, one of the displays has "Fuel Used" and below that "Timer".

It doesn't work at all like the instructions above for the "Lap Timer" that I don't have. You have to push the "right arrow" and you'll have a display that will let you push the "Sel" button to start the timer, then when you want to stop it you need to push the right arrow again then the Sel button to stop it. The timing it does is not displayed in the upper left corner of Track display - kinda useless for any kind of track lap timing!!

Edit: Here's a picture I just took. To get to see this "Timer" you have to push the left arrow and highlight "Info", then in the Info mode scroll up or down until you get to that "Fuel Used" and "Timer" display:

Last edited by BEZ06; 06-08-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:05 PM
Luca Brasse
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help set Timer

^^^ So are you saying that since I have a stingray without the PDR, The track mode, the track timer is useless?

Because I can find no where on the web or other drivers at the track who know how to reset the timer or even on how to make it start at the start finish line.
Any advice would be appreciated.
kelly

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 06-30-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:54 PM
jster171
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2017 GS 1LT, We do not have PDR. How do you use this screen to record laps??

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 06-30-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:24 AM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,295 Likes on 857 Posts

This thread covers the same issue. For some model years, the lap timer is deleted when you have PDR. If not, see post #7 in the attached thread.

Enjoy!

Ron

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...h-numbers.html

Get notified of new replies

To How do I start the lap timer in Track mode?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I start the lap timer in Track mode?