Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GSpeed C7 Z06 Cooling Development

Old 01-22-2019, 10:55 AM
Z06Norway
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by GSpeed View Post

absolutely.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-solution.html

if itís an m7, we have an extra cooler we can put to use.

i emailed and PM you, never got a reply ?
Old 03-14-2019, 10:57 AM
Bluewave2200

Default Pump cavitation

Depending on the pump type will determine its sensitivity to cavitation, or even vortexing. Not all pumps are designed the same, or not one is better than the other. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is looking at the pressure with the temperature measurements on the cooling system before and maybe after the pump(s) on the intercooler system and the main system. I would like to know the temperature and pressure of the suction pipe on the pump during the higher loads. The coolant temperature may be too high for that pumps minimum suction requirements under max load. The minimum required pressure to keep a liquid from vaporizing is directly related to its temperature. The more pressure is required the closer you get to the liquids boiling point. Its possible to surpass the liquids "ambient" boiling point if more pressure is applied. I think the product or coolant's boiling point drops on the suction side of the pump too far during high load conditions. This will cause "breakout" of gas/vapor, that must either cool down or compress above its min vapor pressure, neither is expected at the suction of pump. Increasing the capacity will increase the suction head pressure only if the cross section suction pipe is sized/positioned properly.

I propose If we can increase the pumps discharge head, while maintaining the same suction head requirements, with a small increase in capacity output. Combine this with a higher pressure relief. Another option could be a booster pump on the discharge of the coolant tank. This small pump would be installed parallel to the suction pipe, coming into the suction pipe just before the main pump. producing higher pressure at the suction of the pump reducing the chance of breakout, and increasing the output of the main puimp. I'm sure this has been thought of before but I've dealt with industrial pump systems in the past, so this is interesting to me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GSpeed C7 Z06 Cooling Development

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: