C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Power Steering Failure - ON THE TRACK !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 03:07 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

I don't think it looks Ghetto it only sticks a short distance from the bottom of the car. The hardest part of the installation was physically cutting the duct. With large pop rivets holding things together it becomes a quick plug and play solution. Just swap one panel without a duct for a panel with a duct to switch over. I think there is a total of 7 screws.

Bill
Old 07-20-2017, 09:02 PM
EFC1878
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Had a PS failure in my 2017 Z06 today although I can't imagine it was from overheating - I was driving 70mph on interstate but had only been in car 10 minutes with no spirited driving
prior to getting the "service power steering" message and total loss of any assistance.

Got off at next junction, stopped and turned off car and then turned back on - issue has cleared for now.

Read lots of other stories on forum
of corvettes built in early 17 model year having same issue - so seems to be something tied into that. Realize this thread is more related to track driving - but wanted to note some of us are having issues even with regular driving - not good!
Old 07-21-2017, 06:20 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

My 26 miles 4 hour old car lost power steering completely in the middle of a 90 degree turn, thank god no one was in the other lane, my was a crushed connector causing a bad ground, first corvette out of 12 that ever had to go back to the dealer for anything warranty related

Quick Reply: Power Steering Failure - ON THE TRACK !!