C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2016 z06 issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 09:35 AM
hucktyson
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2016 z06 issues

I drove to Kerbeck to pick up a 2016 in May. Whoever removed the plastic from the interior of the car put significant scratches in both seat backs almost like they used a screw driver to take the plastic off. I pointed it out to the finance guy since the salesman already left for the day and he said he would take care of it . I have since emailed them and not gotten a response. When I got the car home I noticed a large discoloration under the clear coat on the exposed carbon fiber roof. The exposed carbon ground effects and the rest of the roof are perfect except for what looks like someone shot a load on it before it was clear coated . I have no other complaints about the car , as you know the paint isn't amazing but I'm fine with everything except for the deep scratches in the seat backs and the discoloration on the roof. Who do I need to talk to for this to be resolved ?
Old 07-14-2016, 10:05 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by hucktyson
I drove to Kerbeck to pick up a 2016 in May. Whoever removed the plastic from the interior of the car put significant scratches in both seat backs almost like they used a screw driver to take the plastic off. I pointed it out to the finance guy since the salesman already left for the day and he said he would take care of it . I have since emailed them and not gotten a response. When I got the car home I noticed a large discoloration under the clear coat on the exposed carbon fiber roof. The exposed carbon ground effects and the rest of the roof are perfect except for what looks like someone shot a load on it before it was clear coated . I have no other complaints about the car , as you know the paint isn't amazing but I'm fine with everything except for the deep scratches in the seat backs and the discoloration on the roof. Who do I need to talk to for this to be resolved ?
You would be surprised at what some people use to remove the plastic from cars. It actually could have been a screwdriver. You really should call your salesman and ask when these issues are going to be fixed. Why have you waited a few months ? You should have been after them immediately.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:10 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Take it in today. Why would you wait for a phone call?
Old 07-14-2016, 10:16 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

Something tells me you're about to become very frustrated. Hope I'm wrong and that they take care of the issues without any hassles.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:27 AM
jklein7
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

First of all congratulations. Enjoy the car secondly the dealer will handle your issues very professionally I am sure. Are you close to Kerbeck. Good luck.

Last edited by jklein7; 07-14-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:33 AM
commander112
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The roof is a no brainer. It was a defect and GM will fix it if you take it in. The seat backs should have been noted at the time you took delivery on some paperwork. Who's to say that the finance guy has a memory or is even still employed there at this point?
I just bought an F150 for the winter and found dirt in the paint in a couple spots. The dealer took pictures and sent them to Ford for warranty approval and within two days the truck was painted and returned to me. Handle this in a business like fashion and you will be fine but you should have noted the delivery damage at the time of delivery.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:54 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Hi hucktyson,

I am sorry to hear this and understand how this may be frustrating. If you would like, we would be happy to reach out to your dealership to look into this further and provide support on our end. Please send us a private message along with your full contact information, current mileage, and VIN if you would like our assistance.

Sincerely,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
The following 3 users liked this post by Chevy Cust Svc:
Alwyn678 (07-15-2016), Bischof (07-15-2016), RS4EVA (07-15-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 10:18 PM
apex97
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by commander112
The roof is a no brainer. It was a defect and GM will fix it if you take it in. The seat backs should have been noted at the time you took delivery on some paperwork. Who's to say that the finance guy has a memory or is even still employed there at this point?
I just bought an F150 for the winter and found dirt in the paint in a couple spots. The dealer took pictures and sent them to Ford for warranty approval and within two days the truck was painted and returned to me. Handle this in a business like fashion and you will be fine but you should have noted the delivery damage at the time of delivery.
Interesting, I found dirt in my F150 paint also....was weighing the chance of dealer mis-matching the paint vs living with the dirt. How did they do?
Old 07-15-2016, 07:08 AM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 716 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by 09Z06pj
Something tells me you're about to become very frustrated. Hope I'm wrong and that they take care of the issues without any hassles.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:16 AM
Bischof
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hi hucktyson,

I am sorry to hear this and understand how this may be frustrating. If you would like, we would be happy to reach out to your dealership to look into this further and provide support on our end. Please send us a private message along with your full contact information, current mileage, and VIN if you would like our assistance.

Sincerely,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Way to be proactive Julie!

Nice to see CSC is monitoring the issue threads.
The following users liked this post:
OLD_GOAT (07-15-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 08:47 AM
RFBHD
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 176 Posts

I am throwing the BS flag..... "looks like someone shot a load on it"
seriously???? got this car in May?? and asking who should I call now?? and there is no way the salesman or GM would not be there for the delivery ... why dont you call Ghostbusters

Julie dont waste your time

Last edited by RFBHD; 07-15-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:04 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by RFBHD
seriously???? got this car in May?? and asking who should I call now?? and there is no way the salesman or GM would not be there for the delivery ... why dont you call Ghostbusters

Some people move really slow on things and this may be the case. It is hard to believe that a Kerbeck salesman would not have been all over this to get customer satisfaction. If it was me the car would still be at the dealership and I would have gone elsewhere.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:42 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hi hucktyson,

Sincerely,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
It's very re-assuring to see CCS getting involved when customers have problems like this.

Originally Posted by apex97
Interesting, I found dirt in my F150 paint also....was weighing the chance of dealer mis-matching the paint vs living with the dirt. How did they do?
Nice avatar.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:44 PM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

The service manager. When I picked up my new Z a month ago there was a small scratch on the drivers side panel. He ordered me a new one.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:11 PM
RFBHD
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Some people move really slow on things and this may be the case. It is hard to believe that a Kerbeck salesman would not have been all over this to get customer satisfaction. If it was me the car would still be at the dealership and I would have gone elsewhere.
no this is just a troll
Old 07-15-2016, 08:42 PM
UKnowWho18
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by RFBHD

troll alert. op is db.

Get notified of new replies

To 2016 z06 issues

Quick Reply: 2016 z06 issues