C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 Z06 vs. C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 07:33 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Slow down what?
Your such a clown you think this is English class because you have nothing worth while to add to the forum. As Corvette's go. I doubt you even own one.

So you troll through the forum and "try to correct English" on a internet forum.
Maybe staying in moms old house is just getting to you. You revert back to six grade and be a little boy. A little late but you should try getting a life.

Your such a zero Paul.

You will just back with more stupid! It fits on you totally!
Hey Mr. Halltech - try 'you're' which is for 'you are' and not "your" like you typed.
The following users liked this post:
3 Z06ZR1 (08-07-2016)
Old 08-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Slow down what?
Your such a clown you think this is English class because you have nothing worth while to add to the forum. As Corvette's go. I doubt you even own one.

So you troll through the forum and "try to correct English" on a internet forum.
Maybe staying in moms old house is just getting to you. You revert back to six grade and be a little boy. A little late but you should try getting a life.

You're such a zero Paul.

You will just come back with more stupid! It fits on you totally!
1) You're
2) Worthwhile (all one word)

Have you learned nothing?

Back on topic. I've got news for you, the C7 ZO6 is not a perfect vehicle. It's not the best thing since Jesus Christ himself, as you would like to describe it. No car is perfect. Anyone who cannot admit a single flaw about their vehicle is simply a fan-boy, and you are the textbook definition of such. If you could remove yourself from your C7 ZO6 euphoria for one second, you'll see that I am actually quite fond of the C7 Z (it's well documented here). The difference is, I can admit when a vehicle is not perfect, even if I own it...something you are incapable of doing. It is obvious every time you post. There is zero objectivity to any of your posts. As such, no serious car guy here takes your sentiments seriously. Fan-boy cheerleaders add nothing to the forum.

The corvette community has such a bad reputation because of people like you.

Last edited by Paulchristian; 08-07-2016 at 09:51 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Paulchristian:
Busa Dave (08-09-2016), Hirohawa (08-07-2016), sam90lx (08-09-2016)
Old 08-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
1) You're

Back on topic. I've got news for you, the C7 ZO6 is not a perfect vehicle. It's not the best thing since Jesus Christ himself, as you would like to describe it. No car is perfect. Anyone who cannot admit a single flaw about their vehicle is simply a fan-boy, and you are the textbook definition of such. If you could remove yourself from your C7 ZO6 euphoria for one second, you'll see that I am actually quite fond of the C7 Z (it's well documented here). The difference is, I can admit when a vehicle is not perfect, even if I own it...something you are incapable of doing. It is obvious every time you post. There is zero objectivity to any of your posts. As such, no serious car guy here takes your sentiments seriously. Fan-boy cheerleaders add nothing to the forum.

Stated about as fairly and accurately as is possible.

Even better, you didn't resort to using words like "six(th) grade", clown, little boy, zero, and stupid like he did. Well done.
The following 2 users liked this post by Les:
Busa Dave (08-09-2016), Hirohawa (08-07-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by grcor
Your in denial.

Bill Dearborn responded to both of my threads and owned both a C6 Z06 and C7 Z06. For his C6 Z06 at VIR he said "I would go through just over a half tank in two sessions" and "A lot less than my C7Z". For his C7 he said "At VIR I went through more than a half tank in 19 minutes." Yes, I do have data from a driver running both cars at the same track.

RichieRichZ06 has owned both cars and said of his C7 Z06 "These cars are thirsty pigs. I will easily go through at least 1/2 tank in a 20 minute session with traffic and I've gone through as much as 15 gallons in a 25 minute session without traffic".

You responded to my thread and said, you use somewhere between 10 to 14 for 20 to 25 minutes at the tracks you run at. Yet, many C6 Z06 owners said they use 1/4 tank for a 20 minute session at the tracks they run at. It is a good thing that you bring gas to the track in VP jugs, which saves you lots of money. But we both know most of the people who come to a HPDE event do not do that.

So I stand by what I said about gas usage at the track, "It costs the C7 Z06 owner almost 2X more for a day at the track if the car can run the whole time".

You missed my other point which is related to gas usage at the track, The C7 Z06 is using 71% more gas than the C6 Z06 (C6 Z06 gets 6 mpg and the C7 Z06 gets 3.5 mpg). I am not sure if I can say that translates directly into 71% more heat the cooling system has to dissipate, but I think we all can agree it is substantially more heat that the cooling system has to dissipate. Now it should be painfully obvious why the C7 Z06 has such an overheating problem".

That looks like a really accurate and scientific "analysis" you did there.
Notice I gave you a range that varied by 40% for fuel use and a range for session length that varied by 20%? Do you comprehend what that means?
How much fuel is burned using "at least half a tank" or "just over half a tank" or "1/4" tank? The fact is you don't know what you're talking about and you don't have any real data to support your initial claim (that you've now tried to walk back and claim just represents fuel usage) which was "it cost twice as much to track their C7 Z06" as a C6 Z06.
It's also clear that you've likely never been to an HPDE event. People don't have to bring VP jugs to drive out to a gas station to put gas in their car, which is exactly what I see at Sebring, Daytona, RRR, Road Atlanta, COTA, etc..
Bottom line is that your claim here is completely ignorant and completely unsupported by any real data other than visual estimates of the fuel gauge. It's amazing that you can actually think that you've concluded "C6 Z06 gets 6 mpg and the C7 Z06 gets 3.5 mpg" on-track.
S.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:04 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

The problem with these "Versus" threads is they always end up as a pi$$ing match.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by sunsalem
The problem with these "Versus" threads is they always end up as a pi$$ing match.
I'm not wading into that.
What I'm contesting is fabrication and nonsense that is being spouted with no data to support it. That's exactly what grcor did (aside from his laughable comments that C7 buyers made a "mistake" in buying one).
S.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:35 PM
grcor
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
:
(that you've now tried to walk back and claim just represents fuel usage) which was "it cost twice as much to track their C7 Z06" as a C6 Z06.
It's also clear that you've likely never been to an HPDE event. People don't have to bring VP jugs to drive out to a gas station to put gas in their car, which is exactly what I see at Sebring, Daytona, RRR, Road Atlanta, COTA, etc..
Bottom line is that your claim here is completely ignorant and completely unsupported by any real data other than visual estimates of the fuel gauge. It's amazing that you can actually think that you've concluded "C6 Z06 gets 6 mpg and the C7 Z06 gets 3.5 mpg" on-track.
My entire post is about gas usage, why it is so bad on the C7 Z06 and it's effects on the car. You are the one who tried and failed to expand the scope beyond fuel usage.

You are lucky that the tracks that you go to have gas stations nearby. He in California some of the tracks are in isolated areas where there are no gas station nearby so when you run out we buy at the track.

Funny you keep saying I never been to a HPDE when I seem to know so much about them. If you must know I have been a member of Hooked on Driving for the last 4 years.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

My entire post is about gas usage, why it is so bad on the C7 Z06 and it's effects on the car. You are the one who tried and failed to expand the scope beyond fuel usage.

You are lucky that the tracks that you go to have gas stations nearby. He in California some of the tracks are in isolated areas where there are no gas station nearby so when you run out we buy at the track.

Funny you keep saying I never been to a HPDE when I seem to know so much about them. If you must know I have been a member of Hooked on Driving for the last 4 years.
I was a NASA member for four years and never ran one of their races. What's your point? And where is your own data on fuel use and why did you have to ask other C6 owners?
Again, you have zero supporting data for your claim. Even the beginning of the worthless post that you tried to get people to click on was inaccurate. "20 minutes (27 miles) per session" is not consistent from driver-to-driver and track-to-track and you don't have a single respondent in either thread that gave you distance per session, lol. That's an 81 mph average. Meanwhile, I ran 35 miles in 21 minutes at one track. You don't account for warm up and cool down laps, nor variances in lap pace ("speed" to make it simple for you). I average over 90 mph at Sebring and Roebling and 104-105 at Daytona. So yeah, your data is garbage. You don't have the basics needed to make such a claim. It's actually sort of hilarious.

Post your actual calculations and data to support 3.5 mpg vs. 6 mpg. You won't do it because you don't have it.
S.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:49 PM
grcor
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
I was a NASA member for four years and never ran one of their races. What's your point? And where is your own data on fuel use and why did you have to ask other C6 owners?
Again, you have zero supporting data for your claim. Even the beginning of the worthless post that you tried to get people to click on was inaccurate. "20 minutes (27 miles) per session" is not consistent from driver-to-driver and track-to-track and you don't have a single respondent in either thread that gave you distance per session, lol. That's an 81 mph average. Meanwhile, I ran 35 miles in 21 minutes at one track. You don't account for warm up and cool down laps, nor variances in lap pace ("speed" to make it simple for you). I average over 90 mph at Sebring and Roebling and 104-105 at Daytona.
Your using an average mph per track, I'm using an average mpg from all the advance/expert responses I received from forum members from the various tracks they run at. It includes warm up and cool down laps.

Like I said earlier, your in denial. You just can not believe the C6 Z06 is so much more efficient at using fuel, even when owners of both cars have said the C7 Z06 is a "thirsty pig". Let's race each other on the track and we will see who can go further on tank of gas!
Old 08-08-2016, 08:02 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 272 Posts

Too hopeless trolls who can't afford a C7Z06 and like to hang with the big boys who earn a good living and like to talk about OUR C7 Z06's!

They come in with comments where they read about the C7Z06 and try to imagine owning one.
So since the rent is too high and the C7Z06 won't work in their small budgets they get angry and come here to try to discredit the car they "wish they could own"

Go home you two should go back to the C6 forum.
Your welcome there.

Please don't call us "big boys who earn a good living"...sigh. There are many cars far more expensive.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:05 PM
rwheelz
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I can confirm, the C7Z uses more fuel at the track than the C6Z did. I didn't do mileage measurements, but there is enough of a difference that it is obvious. That extra power has to come from somewhere, and I am pretty sure that fuel has something to do with it .
Old 08-08-2016, 09:12 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

FI engines always need to run rich and pull timing to stay together. That's why when in the boost they aren't FE at all.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Your using an average mph per track, I'm using an average mpg from all the advance/expert responses I received from forum members from the various tracks they run at. It includes warm up and cool down laps.

Like I said earlier, your in denial. You just can not believe the C6 Z06 is so much more efficient at using fuel, even when owners of both cars have said the C7 Z06 is a "thirsty pig". Let's race each other on the track and we will see who can go further on tank of gas!
I never said the C7 didn't use more fuel, I'm disputing that it uses "twice" as much fuel.
But you're really not worth the effort. Your problem is that you don't even know what you don't know, so it's a waste of time. You'd actually have to have some firsthand experience to understand. You're relying on garbage data and drawing assumptions as fact.

LMFAO at "race each other on the track". Spoken like somebody who has never been on a track.
S.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:35 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by vtknight
Please don't call us "big boys who earn a good living"...sigh. There are many cars far more expensive.
Yeah, old 50 shades of gray thinks whatever he owns is the best and most valuable in the whole country not to mention the fastest. He probably believes "his Halltech" is made of gold and puts out 15 more horsepower than anyone else's.

He should spend his trillions on grammar and spelling lessons instead of way younger girls to hang out with him....creepy.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:26 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
1) You're

Never said the Z06 was perfect! You keep up with all the other junk you spew. Who cares! I spend way more on mods and bought several cars and lots of parts from venders more than you ever will chiming in. You are just on the to forum to troll.
I own 6 cars so who is a fan boy?
You bring up grammar? Then reach for other things to cover up the fact you don't even own a Corvette do you? You just troll with no value here along with about 4-5 others who are C7Z06 less as well chiming in! To all you bums!
Attached Images  

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 08-09-2016 at 01:33 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:33 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

These threads always get interesting.... Here was my response in a different thread comparing our modded C6Z to our virtually stock C7Z.

We currently have both (well prepped C6Z and a 2015 Z07). The 2015 will be going away later this year to be replaced with another C6Z or C6 ZR1. We've tried to be competitive in the new car, but the weight, reduction in power when hot, consumable cost (it's a heavy pig and goes through front pads like chewing gum) and general feel of the car have us missing the C6 platform.

Overall the C7 is much better than the C6 unless you're planning to use it for a track car. Street car use and day to day driving the car is great and provides a lot of upgrades over the C6, but it just can't hang on the track with a decently prepped C6Z or ZR1, especially after a couple laps in hot weather.

Before people start questioning my track use or my definition of track use, I mean hard competitive laps on track. Most Corvette owners don't track the car hard and even though they think they're fast, they are not. The majority of our C7Z owners are 5-8 seconds per lap slower than I am in the same car on the same track.

I have managed to prolong the car overheating during a session, but there is no denying the lap times fall off significantly from laps 1-2 and laps 5-6 if you're driving the car at it's limit. Even if you drive the car a little different, the performance on a hot day is significantly less than when it's cold outside.

If you're not having temp issues with your C7Z then congrats, but that doesn't mean the car doesn't have issues, it means you're not driving it to the limit.

Wifey wants to be more competitive so I'm not going to argue.

Name:  13723995_1656911811298069_522301927040044580_o_zpsq19bd7jz.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  89.3 KB

Last edited by RichieRichZ06; 08-09-2016 at 10:33 AM.
The following 11 users liked this post by RichieRichZ06:
3 Z06ZR1 (08-09-2016), b4i4getit (08-09-2016), cpweisbrod94 (08-09-2016), Dan_the_C5_Man (08-15-2016), Gary '09 C6 (08-09-2016), grcor (08-10-2016), Hirohawa (03-29-2017), Les (08-09-2016), Pb82 Ronin (08-28-2016), sam90lx (08-09-2016), sunsalem (08-09-2016) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-09-2016, 01:19 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
These threads always get interesting.... Here was my response in a different thread comparing our modded C6Z to our virtually stock C7Z.

We currently have both (well prepped C6Z and a 2015 Z07). The 2015 will be going away later this year to be replaced with another C6Z or C6 ZR1. We've tried to be competitive in the new car, but the weight, reduction in power when hot, consumable cost (it's a heavy pig and goes through front pads like chewing gum) and general feel of the car have us missing the C6 platform.

Overall the C7 is much better than the C6 unless you're planning to use it for a track car. Street car use and day to day driving the car is great and provides a lot of upgrades over the C6, but it just can't hang on the track with a decently prepped C6Z or ZR1, especially after a couple laps in hot weather.

Before people start questioning my track use or my definition of track use, I mean hard competitive laps on track. Most Corvette owners don't track the car hard and even though they think they're fast, they are not. The majority of our C7Z owners are 5-8 seconds per lap slower than I am in the same car on the same track.

I have managed to prolong the car overheating during a session, but there is no denying the lap times fall off significantly from laps 1-2 and laps 5-6 if you're driving the car at it's limit. Even if you drive the car a little different, the performance on a hot day is significantly less than when it's cold outside.

If you're not having temp issues with your C7Z then congrats, but that doesn't mean the car doesn't have issues, it means you're not driving it to the limit.

Wifey wants to be more competitive so I'm not going to argue.

Put a halltech on it and all will be good.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z06 vs. C6 Z06

Old 08-09-2016, 03:32 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Never said the Z06 was perfect! You keep up with all the other junk you spew. Who cares! I spend way more on mods and bought several cars and lots of parts from venders more than you ever will chiming in. You are just on the to forum to troll.
I own 6 cars so who is a fan boy?
You bring up grammar? Then reach for other things to cover up the fact you don't even own a Corvette do you? You just troll with no value here along with about 4-5 others who are C7Z06 less as well chiming in! To all you bums!
WOW, you own 6 cars! GTFO....you must be a millionaire or something huh? Did you invent Google or something? Is guess grammar and spelling were not prerequisite's huh?
Old 08-09-2016, 03:50 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
WOW, you own 6 cars! GTFO....you must be a millionaire or something huh? Did you invent Google or something? Is guess grammar and spelling were not prerequisite's huh?
What a post! You really add a lot to the Corvette forum.

Is guess grammar and spelling?
Old 08-09-2016, 03:57 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
What a post! You really add a lot to the Corvette forum.

Is guess grammar and spelling?
Can you two take your argument somewhere else?? You guys are demonstrating exactly what's wrong with the forums...

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 vs. C6 Z06