C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

So the A10 has no shift delay

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 09:02 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by FastestBusaAzround
My post above applies to you as well...
I don't see the correlation ...yet I am aware the automatic corvette or manual will smoke the PDK car on the road course.

I dig PDK but since it's not part of the corvette arsenal of options...we either choose the fastest sports car on the track....the corvette z06 or the PDK option Porsche...

No shame in choosing the Porsche with PDK as it's a great vehicle...expensive but awesome....just not as fast as the corvette zo6....

Same for the Ferrari 488 and Lamborghini huracan...

Hopefully the new A10 and A8 programming meets your expectations ...otherwise buy a manual z06 or any of the DCT equipped super cars for twice the price that are slower....

Hope this helps you understand the perspective of many corvette enthusiasts...

Have a nice day
Old 09-14-2016, 10:35 AM
GP1224
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

[QUOTE=FastestBusaAround;1593053424]
Originally Posted by GP1224
Really..."loads of failures for the 991"...

Please show us proof....

I own a 2016 991 Turbo S AND a C7 Z06...and as a few others who actually HAVE knowledge here have pointed out, the A8 is NOT in the same league.

Yet you make this baseless claim...which we would all LOVE to see proof of.

Not only are they NOT In the same league, the PDK has no issues - and I mean NONE.

My A8 has plenty of issues, as do many others who have a C7; they are buggy and many still TC issues, among other things. They are consistently inconsistent and bug out all the time. This forum alone is littered with posts about them...

I have yet to see ANY 991's with failures, on any forums...and if there are, they are far a few between, and what there is is generally over 3-4 years ago, PRE 991. I have seen very, very few complaints about performance on the PDK equipped GT3's.

You can't even begin to compare a PDK to an A8...and unless you have driven both - you can't even make an educated statement...they don't compare.

I'l take a PDK over my A8 any day of the week...and so would most others here who have knowledge.

Do you have a clue? Do you even own a Z06 C7, or do you just make **** up and post it here?

Ignorance is bliss. And where did I say the A8 was better? Are you confused? Ask an you shall...

http://rennlist.com/forums/991/923961-brand-new-991-pdk-failure.html

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/320708-another-pdk-failure.html

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/268901-transmission-failure-night-delivery-991s-pdk.html

New GTS

http://rennlist.com/forums/991/919034-pdk-fault-on-991-gts.html

http://rennlist.com/forums/991/805631-pdk-failure-2014-carrera-s-only-1100-miles.html

991 GT3

http://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/864389-transmission-failure.html

Would you like more? I can keep going. Im not saying the pdk is crap? But rather there are always failures and thinking there isnt because you have never seen it is right there with sticking your head in the sand like an Emu. It happens as proven. Sorry

Last edited by GP1224; 09-14-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:37 AM
GP1224
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

[QUOTE=GP1224;1593054316][QUOTE=FastestBusaAround;1593053424]

Edit...

Last edited by GP1224; 09-14-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:29 AM
Silver Stingray
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

[QUOTE=GP1224;1593054338][QUOTE=GP1224;1593054316]
Originally Posted by FastestBusaAround

Edit...
This is a solid post
Old 09-14-2016, 11:43 AM
OVR60
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 91 Posts

This post has really turned into a bashing match with no winner. When the A8 was introduced at the Bash all Tadge talked about how wonderful the the transmission was and how it shifted a millionth second faster than the PDK, his whole speech consisted of his usual rhetoric against Porsche. Porsche improves and perfects their cars over the years and it appears GM has a different philosophy towards innovation and cost.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:47 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by FastestBusaAround
My A8 has plenty of issues, as do many others who have a C7; they are buggy and many still TC issues, among other things. They are consistently inconsistent and bug out all the time. This forum alone is littered with posts about them...
I can think of fluid drain back after sitting for a long time and converter shudder on some early units for which they updated the converter.

I have an A8, and the following are untrue for me and my car:

- Plenty of issues - nope
- Buggy - nope
- Still TC issues - nope
- Other things - nope
- Consistently inconsistent - don't think so, but not sure what this means
- Bugs out all the time - nope

So other than everything you said, I agree.

If they made a DCT I'd test drive it and decide. They don't. That doesn't mean that in the meantime I'm going to indict the A8 with a bunch of false charges. It's not perfect (unlike the PDK, it appears) but it's a great transmission.

You don't like it? Make an argument for why we should have one:

- What problem does it solve that I'm having today?
- How would you sell it? You can't say "Go drive a Porsche, you'll get it" in GM marketing

Last edited by davepl; 09-14-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:34 PM
16sedanSS
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
Be careful here and don't get drug into a pi$$ing match. The folks now responding to you are the hardest of the hard core Corvette fanboys. Just about every one of them is on my ignore list because of previous statements about Porches, or PDK trannies, or other statements that were either anti Porsche or PDK, OR so pro Corvette that nothing you can say will sway them from thinking you are an uneducated moron because you can't see how great Corvettes are.
I refuse to get into discussions with them, and so should you. You are new here, they are counting on you getting emotional and finally banned.
Thank you for posting.
Sad.
Why is this ongoing trend being tolerated?

Originally Posted by sunsalem
Re-read the parts of his post I quoted...do you notice a pattern regarding his use of language?
Lemme help in case it escapes you...like every other, this forum has rules regarding personal attacks/insults and he stepped over the line IMO.

And just to make sure I understand you --- you're dismayed to find "pro Corvette" comments on a website entitled Corvetteforum.com?
Yeah, that really is a pretty terrible situation...
Quoting forum rules over personal attacks, while waging an ongoing war of personal attacks on anyone who posts the obvious truth.

The patients have take over the asylum.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:36 PM
16sedanSS
Instructor

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
- How would you sell it? You can't say "Go drive a Porsche, you'll get it" in GM marketing
Yet, GM is the one who brings up PDK by name in each and every news release, public statement, or interview when discussing GM transmissions.

As far as the marketing slogan you suggested in jest, it actually is that simple.
I am a die hard manual transmission Corvette owner for 20+ years and I hate euro snobs and their cars.
But, after 5 minutes driving a PDK 911 Turbo, I was instantly sold on PDK.
Simply put, you have to drive one.
Once you do, you'll agree that Corvette needs a DCT.

Regardless, based on leaks and spy shots, a mid engine Corvette with DCT is on the horizon.
So, these ridiculous debates will soon be over, and the anti-DCT trolls will crawl back under their clueless bridges.

Last edited by 16sedanSS; 09-14-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:48 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 16sedanSS
Yet, GM is the one who brings up PDK by name in each and every news release, public statement, or interview when discussing THEIR transmissions.
If they bring it up, then they should be held to that comparison. Using the same metric, they should disclose shift times in milliseconds compared to the PDK. If they're wildly different, YOU should call it out, because then you'd have data, not just ad-hominem nonsense.

And you should stop rat-holing on the paddle shifting as that's not a performance driving approach anyway. Fastest way through a dragstrip or road-course is still in D letting the computer manage it. You know and I know that the paddles are slow to respond. You get no argument from me about that, other than "I don't really care" because there are no performance-driven paddle shifting scenarios that I can think of.

So, to put it simply, we get that the paddles are slow to respond. Move on to something more interesting, please.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:05 PM
16sedanSS
Instructor

Originally Posted by JerriVette
I don't see the correlation ...yet I am aware the automatic corvette or manual will smoke the PDK car on the road course.

I dig PDK but since it's not part of the corvette arsenal of options...we either choose the fastest sports car on the track....the corvette z06 or the PDK option Porsche...

No shame in choosing the Porsche with PDK as it's a great vehicle...expensive but awesome....just not as fast as the corvette zo6....

Same for the Ferrari 488 and Lamborghini huracan...

Hopefully the new A10 and A8 programming meets your expectations ...otherwise buy a manual z06 or any of the DCT equipped super cars for twice the price that are slower....

Hope this helps you understand the perspective of many corvette enthusiasts...

Have a nice day
Please, for the love of God, stop bringing entire automobiles in to the evaluation,
when we are specifically discussing and comparing transmissions, and not doing car comparisons.
Neither I, or anyone else in this thread, is putting down the Corvette or suggesting to buy a car from another manufacturer.
YOU are the only one suggesting that people not buy GM.

It's ironic that people who appear to be GM paid cheerleaders/trolls are the ones telling people to go buy another brand.
I hate GM's current autos, but I still love my Corvettes.
And, if we wanted to go buy a Porsche, we would have done so already, instead of spending so much time on CORVETTE forums due to our Corvette love, passion and loyalty.

Why do I have to spell this out for some of you?

Last edited by 16sedanSS; 09-14-2016 at 02:19 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 16sedanSS:
b4i4getit (09-15-2016), Silver Stingray (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 02:14 PM
16sedanSS
Instructor

If they bring it up, then they should be held to that comparison. Using the same metric, they should disclose shift times in milliseconds compared to the PDK. If they're wildly different, YOU should call it out, because then you'd have data, not just ad-hominem nonsense.

And you should stop rat-holing on the paddle shifting as that's not a performance driving approach anyway. Fastest way through a dragstrip or road-course is still in D letting the computer manage it. You know and I know that the paddles are slow to respond. You get no argument from me about that, other than "I don't really care" because there are no performance-driven paddle shifting scenarios that I can think of.

So, to put it simply, we get that the paddles are slow to respond. Move on to something more interesting, please.
Move on?
The THREAD TITLE literally says SHIFT DELAY.
So, discuss the SHIFT DELAY, or YOU move on.

No one needs to hide behind BS "millisecond data".
All you need to do is simply drive a PDK, and you instantly recognize the unacceptable delay when you get behind the wheel of a A8 car again.

If soneone is crippled or lazy, far be it from me to try to deny them the option of the current A8.
But, I don't understand, or support, buying a track focused coupe to leave it in DRIVE.
No to mention, all the GM marketing of the A8 being track worthy has been proven to be absolute BS.

As far as 1/4 mile, a REAL 1/4 mile car is going to have a trans brake auto, and it's not going to have 8 gears. So, using the 1/4 mile argument for a $100k road course focused track car is just ridiculous to me. If you can afford a $100k ZO6, if you know cars, and if are serious about drag racing, you're going to have an additional 1/4 mile focused car that's not running a A8, and can be had for a LOT less than a C7.

Last edited by 16sedanSS; 09-14-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:31 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Move on?
The THREAD TITLE literally says SHIFT DELAY.
So, discuss the SHIFT DELAY, or YOU move on.
Welcome to my ignore list, where you belong. You won't be lonely, it's full of kids just like yourself. You're clearly on some mission that's uninteresting to me.

No idea why some people are incapable of discussing CARS on a car forum and always have to get cranky.

It's just a transmission, dude.
The following 3 users liked this post by davepl:
JerriVette (09-15-2016), Lavender (09-14-2016), tzoid9 (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 02:40 PM
16sedanSS
Instructor

Welcome to my ignore list, where you belong. You won't be lonely, it's full of kids just like yourself. You're clearly on some mission that's uninteresting to me.

No idea why some people are incapable of discussing CARS on a car forum and always have to get cranky.

It's just a transmission, dude.
I hear what you're saying.
I don't want to be on yours, or anyone else's, ignore list.

The Corvette is a great car, arguably the best.
I love mine.
But, to tell us to ignore how bad the current autos are compared to what's currently available to GM from current GM suppliers, just isn't realistic, or fair.
Especially in a thread that was started to discuss the issue, especially with SHIFT DELAY in the title.

Let's not lose focus of the fact that we all love and own Corvettes.

Last edited by 16sedanSS; 09-14-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:02 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

I hear what you're saying.
I don't want to be on yours, or anyone else's, ignore list.

The Corvette is a great car, arguably the best.
I love mine.
But, to tell us to ignore how bad the current autos are compared to what's currently available to GM from current GM suppliers, just isn't realistic, or fair.
Especially in a thread that was started to discuss the issue, especially with SHIFT DELAY in the title.

Let's not lose focus of the fact that we all love and own Corvettes.
Can't say I didn't warn you. EVERY thread that invokes PDK vs whatever, ends up just like where this one is headed. You will notice I have not posted to the thread. Been here done that, not doing it again.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:02 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Welcome to my ignore list, where you belong.
Welcome to an ever increasing club.
The following users liked this post:
Lavender (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 03:33 PM
16sedanSS
Instructor

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
Can't say I didn't warn you. EVERY thread that invokes PDK vs whatever, ends up just like where this one is headed. You will notice I have not posted to the thread. Been here done that, not doing it again.
It's pathetic.
What are these trolls going to say when GM announces their DCT this, or next, January?
Will they go away, or at least apologize to those they harassed and ran off?
Old 09-14-2016, 03:38 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

It's pathetic.
What are these trolls going to say when GM announces their DCT this, or next, January?
Will they go away, or at least apologize to those they harassed and ran off?
No and no and chances are, the odds are in their favor. There may or may not be a DCT corvette coming all that soon.

Get notified of new replies

To So the A10 has no shift delay

Old 09-14-2016, 04:03 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Done and done.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:09 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Welcome to an ever increasing club.
It's only 7 people... so it's rather exclusive :-)
Old 09-14-2016, 08:19 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

It's only 7 people... so it's rather exclusive :-)
From small things great things grow.

Quick Reply: So the A10 has no shift delay