C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Nürburgring Z06 time? 2017 GS sidesteps overheating?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 06:29 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by vtknight
What a bunch of crap. GM has a DESIGN flaw on its hands. The car does not vent out heat properly from the engine bay. They are changing the SC cover and hood to address this design flaw. Unfortunately for owners like myself - I have to buy these design solutions that will (hopefully/perhaps/we will see) make my car perform how it was supposed to in the first place (without having to buy all the cooling mods I did or resort to "home remedy" fixes).

If not for this major design flaw - as "GM's most track-ready car ever - or C7R for the street" - there would be a Nurburgring time eons ago and they would have proudly trumpeted it for all to see as they have for the C6 Z06 and ZR1 times. GM is all about racing victories. Now they are as quiet as a mouse. We will see it the new design fix will allow them to run a complete lap at full power - and if they can - it will be a fantastic time.

Again - this is not a components failure like the valve train in the C6 Z06 - which many manufacturers face to be fair. But a design flaw. That is why GM should fix is and the consumer should not have to pay for it.
Oh, OK Pal. I'm straightened out now. Why is it then that the overwhelming majority of C7 Z06 have NEVER overheated. I guess you are one of the self proclaimed internet road racing experts here. NOT. Get over it.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:35 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

The following users liked this post:
b4i4getit (08-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 07:14 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
Oh, OK Pal. I'm straightened out now. Why is it then that the overwhelming majority of C7 Z06 have NEVER overheated. I guess you are one of the self proclaimed internet road racing experts here. NOT. Get over it.
I guess you may want to know what percentage of ice cubes would melt if left in the freezer.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:58 PM
TARANTULA
Melting Slicks

Received 1,035 Likes on 468 Posts

Ibtl.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:05 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Why do you continue to ignore the evidence? GM is making significant design changes to address the issue, which is great. If there was no issue they would not have invested the time and money to do so. To answer your question the majority do not overheat because the majority do not track their cars. Simple.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:13 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by sam90lx
That is good advice Sam and hope you are taking it. Looks like you might be on your way to accepting the fact that the C7 Z06 is a profoundly better car than your C6. It is faster 0-60, faster 1/4 mile, far better interior, better looking exterior, and better handling. Time to get the jealous monkey off your back. After years of bashing the C7 its time to give it up Sam. Hope it gets better for ya Dude.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:32 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
Why do you continue to ignore the evidence? GM is making significant design changes to address the issue, which is great. If there was no issue they would not have invested the time and money to do so. To answer your question the majority do not overheat because the majority do not track their cars. Simple.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:34 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Oh, that must be you Sam. You have claimed to live on the beach.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:42 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Actually do live on the Beach, maybe one day you can afford too as well.
See...I can play the "afford" card like you do.
Hirohawa (08-11-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 10:13 PM
Twowheelin_wildman
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 08-10-2016, 10:24 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Benefiting from not being car poor!?

Actually do live on the Beach, maybe one day you can afford too as well.
See...I can play the "afford" card like you do.
Kidding!
Old 08-11-2016, 02:18 AM
vtknight
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 272 Posts

If only you were "straightened out".

We are so past denying this issue.

GM has not only copped to it - they have spent a great deal of money to create a fix for their design flaw. This fix is supposed to remediate the two issues that owners - such as myself - have been complaining about since day 1. Heat soak from the SC - with a new SC lid and lack of heat circulation out of the engine bay - with a newly ventilated hood.

You apparently own one - I most certainly do - perhaps you and the other GM cheerleaders on here can turn your attention to something that will benefit owners - and try to get GM to make right with 2015 and 16 owners as opposed to us having to shell out (and estimated) 8-10K to get the car that was marketed to us.

I and others on here have taken so much heat (pardon the obvious pun) discussing these facts - and now that it is confirmed - there is still negativity coming our way? Tadge himself stated that it was due to people like us who made these positive and necessary changes happen.

And here's a clue - that is how change happens - through real feedback from its customer base versus rah rah rah despite the obvious overwhelming evidence and simple logic.

Oh - but you and the rest of the fanboys are the REAL fans of the Corvette and GM right?

I have a different opinion;

You don't love your car or the brand.
If you did you would care enough - more than your personal pride and how buying a car with a flaw makes you look - to help make it better when you know something is wrong - for everyone. Instead - you chose the weaker path and fight people who are trying to make a difference for the community and themselves.

Congrats.

To quote Jack Nicholson from a Few Good Men - I would prefer you just say "thank-you".
The following 6 users liked this post by vtknight:
b4i4getit (08-11-2016), FSTFRC (08-11-2016), Hirohawa (08-11-2016), Rodbuster56 (08-16-2016), sam90lx (08-11-2016), Xanthophyll (08-12-2016) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-11-2016, 02:42 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

GM has not only copped to it - they have spent a great deal of money to create a fix for their design flaw. This fix is supposed to remediate the two issues that owners - such as myself - have been complaining about since day 1. Heat soak from the SC - with a new SC lid and lack of heat circulation out of the engine bay - with a newly ventilated hood.

You apparently own one - I most certainly do - perhaps you and the other GM cheerleaders on here can turn your attention to something that will benefit owners - and try to get GM to make right with 2015 and 16 owners as opposed to us having to shell out (and estimated) 8-10K to get the car that was marketed to us.

I and others on here have taken so much heat (pardon the obvious pun) discussing these facts - and now that it is confirmed - there is still negativity coming our way? Tadge himself stated that it was due to people like us who made these positive and necessary changes happen.

And here's a clue - that is how change happens - through real feedback from its customer base versus rah rah rah despite the obvious overwhelming evidence and simple logic.

Oh - but you and the rest of the fanboys are the REAL fans of the Corvette and GM right?

If you did you would care enough - more than your personal pride and how buying a car with a flaw makes you look - to help make it better when you know something is wrong - for everyone. Instead - you chose the weaker path and fight people who are trying to make a difference for the community and themselves.

Congrats.

To quote Jack Nicholson from a Few Good Men - I would prefer you just say "thank-you".
Mic dropped.

You win post of the year - and from a real enthusiasts. A real service to the Corvette community.

I can't wait to see the replies to this one. Going to have to dig deep into the cow manure pile to refute or argue anything you posted.

Last edited by Hirohawa; 08-11-2016 at 02:43 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:03 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Congrats.

One of the best posts I have read. You have done a great service to those lurking on this forum that may want to buy this flawed car. No one can dispute you since you are an owner. GM should be flogged for bringing this car to market when it could not possibly own up to its advertising. I think every owner should be demanding that GM add these cooling extras to their 2015 and 2016 cars at no cost. That would be the right thing to do. Seems to me like some engineers on Team Corvette should be given their walking papers. A design flaw is inexcusable at the best of times. To continue to produce the car for 2 years before you hopefully fix it is almost criminal. The owners that come here and say it does not matter to them are a funny lot. If they try to sell a heavily advertised track car that can't perform to someone that wants to use it at the track they are in for a surprise. We can only hope that they genuinely fixed this car for 2017. With the GS coming on strong for 2017 maybe GM hopes that this issue will be forgotten.

Last edited by b4i4getit; 08-11-2016 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:26 AM
shane p
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 98 Posts

Overwhelming majority don't track their cars but the ones that do are having issues. You should pull your head out of your a** and look around, many are having issues that track their cars and I don't mean a drag strip.
Rodbuster56 (08-16-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 06:32 AM
G fix needy
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 2cnd Chance
Wow!, you are a tough guy.
Aw shucks......Naaaww. This forum just put me in a gong show frame of mind. But seriously...the GS would be a great/perfect step up from a Miata if someone took an HPDE day & got bitten by the track bug, before they do this....https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...ving-car-meet/
Old 08-11-2016, 06:43 AM
Pro

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

I guess this will be another thread for the mega-merge since it has gone the same way as all the other overheating threads......

Get notified of new replies

To Nürburgring Z06 time? 2017 GS sidesteps overheating?

Old 08-11-2016, 06:56 AM
GP1224
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 6104696
I guess this will be another thread for the mega-merge since it has gone the same way as all the other overheating threads......
Thats because its got all the SAME C7 Z06 trolls above day in and out repeating the same mundane crap hanging off every word desperate to get a word in. None of the trolling or comments are new either... Just more repetitive dribble from the copy & paste crew. Same arguments can be seen 2 yrs ago. Its pathetic lol

Last edited by GP1224; 08-11-2016 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:04 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by GP1224
Thats because its got all the SAME C7 Z06 trolls above day in and out repeating the same mundane crap hanging off every word desperate to get a word in. None of the trolling or comments are new either... Just more repetitive dribble from the copy & paste crew. Same arguments can be seen 2 yrs ago. Its pathetic lol
Exactly, haters every one of them. These creeps who have been psychoticly attacking and bashing this car for the last 2 years are pathetic losers. The C7 Z06 is a great car period. Jealousy is such a destructive emotion. Hopefully GM patches in a fix or whatever that will shut up the creeps who complain about "overheating" every day of their lives. Get over it.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Enzom
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Exactly, haters every one of them. These creeps who have been psychoticly attacking and bashing this car for the last 2 years are pathetic losers. The C7 Z06 is a great car period. Jealousy is such a destructive emotion. Hopefully GM patches in a fix or whatever that will shut up the creeps who complain about "overheating" every day of their lives. Get over it.
Why is someone who owns a Z06 who is disappointed that his car overheats on track a hater? Sounds like an enthusiast who is upset that the performance did not match the marketing. I don't track my cars - although I wish I had the time to do so. Doesn't mean I (or any other owner) can't make an observation.

If we assume the OP is asking in good faith if he should get a GS vs a Z06 because of a concern that the 17 Z06 fix for overheating may not be enough, I think people are going to share their views. And that includes vocal people who aren't pleased that they go into limp mode on the track as well as those who don't track but feel that their '15 and '16 Z's are missing something found on the 17s.

Not sure why you believe to be the self-appointed arbiter of what is or isn't important to the OP or the rest of those that frequent these boards.

Quick Reply: Nürburgring Z06 time? 2017 GS sidesteps overheating?