C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Nürburgring Z06 time? 2017 GS sidesteps overheating?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 10:20 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Think about this. If YOU had one of these cars that regularly overheated at the track would YOU be so forgiving knowing that GM made sufficient changes to the 2017 model to eliminate this problem ? Would YOU continue to be a cheerleader if YOU have to dig deep in your pocket to make these changes to a deficient design that was trumpeted at launch as the ultimate track car ? Have YOU ever thought that because of these repeated posts, GM might just repair those 2015 and 2016 models ? Seems to me YOU should be thanking some people for keeping this issue in the public eye and not let it drift from view like some would like.
Do you "regularly overheat at the track"? Oh that's right you don't even own this car. Obviously it can't be a problem for you. A sane person would ask you why you beat this subject to death on a daily basis? Weird, very strange. Hope you get some form of sick enjoyment from your dysfunctional obsession with the C7 Z06. We C7 Z06 owners enjoy our cars as I am sure every one of the haters here would also if they had one. I can't imagine why you and a few others here are so screwed up about this. Gotta real easy solution to your problem Pal, forget about it, don't buy one, stop making a complete jackass out of yourself here, move on and get a life.

Last edited by punky; 08-12-2016 at 10:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Lavender (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 10:34 AM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Oh, you haven't Heard!?

Originally Posted by drmustang
Do you "regularly overheat at the track"? Oh that's right you don't even own this car. Obviously it can't be a problem for you. A sane person would ask you why you beat this subject to death on a daily basis? Weird, very strange. Hope you get some form of sick enjoyment from your dysfunctional obsession with the C7 Z06. We C7 Z06 owners enjoy our cars as I am sure every one of the haters here would also if they had one. I can't imagine why you and a few others here are so screwed up about this. Gotta real easy solution to your problem Pal, forget about it, don't buy one, stop making a complete jackass out of yourself here, move on and get a life.
It's fixed now! No reason to be bumming!!!
Old 08-12-2016, 10:51 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
It's fixed now! No reason to be bumming!!!
Glad to hear that. It has never been a problem for me or any one else I know who actually owns a current generation Z. I guess none of guys I know or have spoken with are avid road racers.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:06 AM
GP1224
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

[QUOTE=vtknight;1592829216]
Originally Posted by GP1224

Just stop. Seriously. On all counts - from how you want to wait to buy a C7 Z06 for 60K (when ZR1's are hard to find at 60K) - cash of course - to how easy it is to fix the heat soak, engine ventilation and over heating issue.

Ya, I understand.

Just. Stop.
You understand that 1000s of Z06 owners do payments
Instead of cash because many dont have free cash to just drop.... while others will wait till they can pay cash after a few years when better deals are out there for some used Zs. Which I dont know where the hell you shop but brand new 16 Z06s are going for near 70k right now with discounts. So not that far away is it.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...prep-info.html. With a pro at the wheel.

Maybe you dont have to spend 7k? Worth the try isnt it. Enjoy the read .

Now it stops.

Last edited by GP1224; 08-12-2016 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:53 AM
G fix needy
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

[QUOTE=GP1224;1592832175]
Originally Posted by vtknight

Instead of cash because many dont have free cash to just drop.... while others will wait till they can pay cash after a few years when better deals are out there for some used Zs. Which I dont know where the hell you shop but brand new 16 Z06s are going for near 70k right now with discounts. So not that far away is it.

Now it stops.
OK pops. But I would like to point out that the highest ambient temp claimed was 81F on that particular day. This is well within the 85F that Tadge validated the Z06 for at Milford, & should be expected to be able to run through a full tank of gas on the track without overheating. IF under the same conditions, the cars of other owners could be shown to overheat, & they never opened the intercooler coolant circuit, then they would have a legitimate beef. All bets are off for the car being tracked when the temp is over 85F, & Tadge even went further to say your mileage will vary depending on the track layout. There was NO other "guarantee" implied or given, & I can't help if others want to read more into what they feel about the statement "most track ready car" means. YES, it was hype, & they bought it. GM should at least give them a coupon to help with upgrading to the new cooling bits coming for 2017.

Last edited by G fix needy; 08-12-2016 at 12:02 PM. Reason: fix grammar
Old 08-12-2016, 11:55 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Now it stops.
Yeah, a handful of Z06 owners will spend 7 grand to do whatever, the rest of us have no need to do so and don't give a crap either. This kind of post just drives some of the non owner, jealous, haters here out of their minds but it is absolutely they way it really is. It does however provide some very cheap entertainment on a daily basis.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:00 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 272 Posts

Glad to hear that. It has never been a problem for me or any one else I know who actually owns a current generation Z. I guess none of guys I know or have spoken with are avid road racers.
Aren't you getting rid of your car?

I honestly don't know why you are still trying to deny this issue?
GM has already spent a ton of money to fix this issue. You can take your hands off your ears and stop yelling NA NA NA now.

Now it stops.
I don't know why you are changing the quote name to mine? Is it because even you can't take your pedantic posts anymore?

Please buy a car if its so close - because you don't want to do payments - you don't want to right now of course. I have an alternative theory; you are very young and cannot.

I'm sure the people at Tikt, Dewitt and other Vendors are excited you figured out the cooling issue for them. No need for their products I guess.

[QUOTE=G fix needy;1592832591]
OK pops. But I would like to point out that the highest ambient temp claimed was 81F on that particular day. This is well within the 85F that Tadge validated the Z06 for at Milford, & should be expected to be able to run through a full tank of gas on the track without overheating. IF under the same conditions, the cars of other owners could be shown to overheat, & they never opened the intercooler coolant circuit, then they would have a legitimate beef. All bets are off for the car being tracked when the temp is over 85F, & Tadge even went further to say your mileage will vary depending on the track layout. There was NO other "guarantee" implied or given, & I can't help if others who want to read more into what they feel about the statement "most track ready car" means. YES, it was hype, & they bought it. GM should at least give them a coupon to help with upgrading to the new cooling bits coming for 2017.
This was quoted by the young GP - not me. You are arguing my points.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:17 PM
G fix needy
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

[QUOTE=vtknight;1592832648]Aren't you getting rid of your car?

GM has already spent a ton of money to fix this issue. You can take your hands off your ears and stop yelling NA NA NA now.

I don't know why you are changing the quote name to mine? Is it because even you can't take your pedantic posts anymore?

Please buy a car if its so close - because you don't want to do payments - you don't want to right now of course. I have an alternative theory; you are very young and cannot.

I'm sure the people at Tikt, Dewitt and other Vendors are excited you figured out the cooling issue for them. No need for their products I guess.

Originally Posted by G fix needy

I thought was replying to GP1224. Dunno how that happened. I'm quitting here.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:56 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

[QUOTE=vtknight;1592832648]Aren't you getting rid of your car?

Originally Posted by G fix needy

Not selling my car, came to the realization that this car is just too good to get rid of.

I am not "denying" anything. You are the one with the wedgy over this. Some have overheated I understand if they are stressing their cars on road courses as we have been told. I have never overheated nor has anyone else I know.
I don't road race, nor do the majority of other Z06 owners so I don't really have any great interest in this issue.

How would you know how much money GM has spent on this cooling/overheating thing or whatever it is? Do you work for
GM or are you just another internet blow hole who has the need to talk out of his a$$ and exaggerate to make a point.

Last edited by punky; 08-12-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:42 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 272 Posts

[QUOTE=G fix needy;1592832780][QUOTE=vtknight;1592832648]Aren't you getting rid of your car?

I thought was replying to GP1224. Dunno how that happened. I'm quitting here.
NO worries - I believe someone else changed it intentionally to create exactly this type of disarray.

[QUOTE=drmustang;1592833098][QUOTE=vtknight;1592832648]Aren't you getting rid of your car?

Not selling my car, came to the realization that this car is just too good to get rid of.

I am not "denying" anything. You are the one with the wedgy over this. Some have overheated I understand if they are stressing their cars on road courses as we have been told. I have never overheated nor has anyone else I know.
I don't road race, nor do the majority of other Z06 owners so I don't really have any great interest in this issue.

How would you know how much money GM has spent on this cooling/overheating thing or whatever it is? Do you work for
GM or are you just another internet blow hole who has the need to talk out of his a$$ and exaggerate to make a point.
Lol. How do I know a corporation creating a brand new set of parts that all have to be manufactured in the thousands, machines built, machines configured, and entire manufacturing lines changed - beyond the resource hours required to design, test and QA the actual parts for their flagship car?

Because I'm an adult and have real world experience and common sense.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Not selling cause it's "too good" or because the market is too bad?

I am not "denying" anything.

Some have overheated I understand if they are stressing their cars on road courses as we have been told. I have never overheated nor has anyone else I know.
You don't have any great interest in this but post all the time in every thread about it. Stop being a Nurburgring hater. Your'e just jealous cause you can't afford to buy the Ring.

You have a Z06 for a few months that you tried to sell, are barely out of the break in period and don't track your car. Performance at the Ring and Overheating issues are not discussions germane to you. And that's fine, but 99.99% of people that track their cars actually do care.

These companies represent not only the manufacturer but also the best Corvette tuners in the world:

GM
Callaway
TIKT
Katech
LGM

They all developed solutions and parts to address overheating. I think everyone should hear what they have to say over the Z06 Cheer Squad.

Old 08-12-2016, 01:53 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
Not selling cause it's "too good" or because the market is too bad?

You don't have any great interest in this but post all the time in every thread about it. Stop being a Nurburgring hater. Your'e just jealous cause you can't afford to buy the Ring.

You have a Z06 for a few months that you tried to sell, are barely out of the break in period and don't track your car. Performance at the Ring and Overheating issues are not discussions germane to you. And that's fine, but 99.99% of people that track their cars actually do care.

These companies represent not only the manufacturer but also the best Corvette tuners in the world:

GM
Callaway
TIKT
Katech
LGM

They all developed solutions and parts to address overheating. I think everyone should hear what they have to say over the Z06 Cheer Squad.

For tenth time, NOT SELLING. Thank You for reading and comprehending this simple statement.

You sound like some of the other angry C7 bashers here. You seem to be quite regular with your hate on our cars also. Sorry for your obvious jealousy, can you not afford one? There are some great deals to be had on current generation Z06s right now or are you one of the distinguished expert road racers here who envision themselves at the track every weekend and could not be hampered by the "overheating issue"?

Last edited by punky; 08-12-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:18 PM
shane p
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 98 Posts

For tenth time, NOT SELLING. Thank You for reading and comprehending this simple statement.

You sound like some of the other angry C7 bashers here. You seem to be quite regular with your hate on our cars also. Sorry for your obvious jealousy, can you not afford one? There are some great deals to be had on current generation Z06s right now or are you one of the distinguished expert road racers here who envision themselves at the track every weekend and could not be hampered by the "overheating issue"?
You sure are full of yourself. Next time you buy a GM product they should give you employee pricing.
The following 2 users liked this post by shane p:
johnglenntwo (08-12-2016), Rodbuster56 (08-16-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 02:23 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by shane p
You sure are full of yourself. Next time you buy a GM product they should give you employee pricing.
Sure he wishes he did, got bent over good and cant sell the car now!
The following users liked this post:
Rodbuster56 (08-16-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 02:26 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Village idiot response once again!

Why do you think so many cannot afford the C7Z? Jesus Christ, it's a 70-80k car. What's so hard or special about affording that? Did you ever think many do not care for the looks and many other aspects of the car.

I guess you cant afford a GT3 as much as you hate on them.
Hell, maybe all you can afford is a GM product. Sucks to be you!
Wow, there is some real anger telegraphed along with that nonsense. Hope things get better for ya Dude. How's the C7 Z fund coming Sam. Your day will come too, might be a while but stay the course!
Old 08-12-2016, 02:27 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Sure he wishes he did, got bent over good and cant sell the car now!
Most likely because his payoff to the finance company is much greater than what he can sell the car for. He's for sure upside down on it.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:32 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Wow, there is some real anger telegraphed along with that nonsense. Hope things get better for ya Dude. How's the C7 Z fund coming Sam. Your day will come too, might be a while but stay the course!
The only person spouting anger here is you. I don't find anything that Sam has said as being angry. Get your meds adjusted.

Get notified of new replies

To Nürburgring Z06 time? 2017 GS sidesteps overheating?

Old 08-12-2016, 02:34 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

I told you I would give you 49k for that overheating heap. You should take it as the 2017's will most likely be corrected by GM thus rendering the 15's and 16's obsolete.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:37 PM
shane p
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 98 Posts

Everyone here is having a good time except for you, thats because your the entertainment.
The following 3 users liked this post by shane p:
b4i4getit (08-12-2016), Hirohawa (08-12-2016), sam90lx (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 02:38 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

I told you I would give you 49k for that overheating heap. You should take it as the 2017's will most likely be corrected by GM thus rendering the 15's and 16's obsolete.
Ah heck Sam, if my car is as much of a POS as you say then maybe I'll just give it to you. Probably the only way you'd ever get one!

Quick Reply: Nürburgring Z06 time? 2017 GS sidesteps overheating?