C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Mopar Jimmy Cheap Drag Pack

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 02:10 PM
Alaska SS
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Mopar Jimmy Cheap Drag Pack

Jimmy,

Here's the setup I have for my C7Z. It's a simple and cheap way to get the car down the track.

I have a stock set of C6 Z06 wheels I got off a friend that just wanted them gone. You can find them on ebay or on here for not much money. I had mine powder coated by a friend to get rid of the chrome and made them black. With the chrome factory C7Z wheels by making the drack pack black it's almost like having two cars. LOL I wrapped the front wheels in Nitto NT05s, 275/35/18 and the back in Nitto NT05Rs, 345/30/19.

The car pulls 1.6 60' times every pass with this set up. I can daily drive the car with this combo with no issues at all. The time slips below are from Vegas where we have crap air...4000+ DA is the norm in the summer and it was 5226 Friday night. Needless to say, the car would run WAY better in better air and cooler temps. Hope this helps but let me know if you have any questions.

The PDR is off a couple tenths but I added a video of one of the passes to. Put the car in "Sport", Turn off traction control, do a burnout to get heat in the tires and let it eat! LOL

http://vid129.photobucket.com/albums...pswiaugmdq.mp4

Last edited by Alaska SS; 08-14-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:51 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Great info Alasaka I did not know that C6 Z06 rims would work on our cars. s

Your a true asset to the go fast high performance C7 Z06 community much appreciated my friend and congrats how you having your Car running consistent high 10s in the summer with crappy Vegas Air and your A8 car obviously likes the Halltech CAI, especially since you have previously posted how you were stuck in the mid-11s before the CAI.

If I just bolted on rear C7 Z06 knock of 19 inch rims in back with the Nitto Drag Radials mounted on them there would be no problem running my stock rims and tries on front at the drag strip as far as the car getting squirrely, right?

Thanks again.

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 09-20-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:18 PM
Alaska SS
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
Great info Alasaka I did not know that C6 Z06 rims would work on our cars. s

Your a true asset to the go fast high performance C7 Z06 community much appreciated my friend and congrats how you having your Car running consistent high 10s in the summer with crappy Vegas Air and your A8 car obviously likes the Halltech CAI, especially since you have previously posted how you were stuck in the mid-11s before the CAI.

If I just bolted on rear C5 Z06 rims in back with the Nitto Drag Radials mounted on them there would be no problem running my stock rims and tries on front at the drag strip as far as the car getting squirrely, right?

Thanks again.

None at all. The car will drive and track fine. FYI...my Nittos seemed to like 20 PSI. They dead hooked at the track.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:50 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Alaska SS
None at all. The car will drive and track fine. FYI...my Nittos seemed to like 20 PSI. They dead hooked at the track.

Get notified of new replies

To Mopar Jimmy Cheap Drag Pack

Quick Reply: Mopar Jimmy Cheap Drag Pack