C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

LG MOTORSPORTS Supercharger and Engine cooling Perfected!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 12:01 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default LG MOTORSPORTS Supercharger and Engine cooling Perfected!

Hi Guys.

I guess the question is how complex does the system need to be.

I for one would never add 7 coolers to the front of the C7 to accomplish what we did with 4.

The 4 Coolers include the Engine Radiator, Two Supercharger Coolers, one under each headlight. And a single oil cooler in place of the GM Transmission cooler.

That is 4 coolers that accomplish the entire task efficiently with a clean installation. In Fact, we only added 2 additional coolers for the Supercharger but we removed the GM inefficient designed intercooler.

Removing the Stock Intercooler and splitting it is really not adding any coolers so by splitting it, we really did not add any extra weight to the front, we just "Spread" it.

Also, we just "Reassigned" the task of the transmission cooler and split the the task of the OEM cooler and moved it to the side which eliminated the excessive heat entering the engine radiator.

The engine radiator can not cool with 220 degree air flowing through it from the intercooler. That would be like trying to cool the engine in 220 degree ambient temp.

WE addressed the Transmission cooling by putting a second trans cooler (LG Trans Cooler) in the Right Rear to eliminate the Transmission from the over heating equation. AND we have a new A8 Transmission oil pan adding just under 1 gal more trans fluid!

That is not to say that a Hatchet solution won't work but I prefer the scalpel method with "Efficient Simplicity" to achieve the same or better results. (Not To Mention that the extra front weight with 7 coolers in place is exactly the opposite of what the Corvette C7 Needs.

We took our time and created the solution that achieves the BEST results.

Eventually even GM will copy our system because it does the job best with the least amount of complexity. (And so will everyone else.)

I would never add 7 coolers and the associated weight to the front of any car let alone a C7.

We thought GM was wrong when they put a second Transmission cooler in front, so we eliminated the GM Trans Cooler and replaced it with our own in the Right Rear Fender.

That allowed us to use that Front cooler location for our Oil Cooler so we really only added 2 additional coolers in place of 1 larger intercooler that the GM Factory had.

My Mistake was letting some people and aftermarket Boutique Car builders, see my system before we were finished. The proof is in the test results at 103 degree ambient Texas temps at the test track.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery but in this business, I could use with LESS FLATTERY

ALL TESTING DONE AT 103 DEGREE TEXAS HEAT!

Water Temp: 223 degrees only spiked to 225 when we sat in the pits.
We used a single LG Super Cool Radiator with a racing fan in place. **There are other systems out there that have to ADD a second Engine Radiator to get the temps down to what we did with our Single "LG Super Cool Radiator".

Oil Temp: 270 Degrees max and achieved it with a single typical oil cooler in the front replacing the GM Transmission cooler.

Supercharger temps never exceeded any level that would cause a shut down or lose power.
We do not see any cavitation due to the design of our Dual Coolers.

We have oil cooler and trans cooler systems ready to go now.
We have our Dual Super Cooler systems in stock too.
We have the first batch of Carbon Inlet opening parts coming in Tuesday.

Give us a call and we can start shipping to anyone who needs to get their C7 to run cool enough for track days. Call and talk to Anthony and he can start shipping immediately.

Thanks guys

Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports
972-429-1963

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 09-04-2016 at 12:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by LG Motorsports:
Is2scooby (09-04-2016), racerx8 (09-04-2016)

Popular Reply

09-04-2016, 03:08 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by h3mpking
I guess that I'm confused at the fact that you voluntarily helped out another aftermarket company with a cooling solution and now you talk bad about them because they may "copy" you. Fool me once, shame on you.. Fool me twice.., you know what follows. At the end of the day, there are only so many ways to set up cooling solutions on these cars. Stop acting like the entire world copies every move y'all make.
Hi, with all due respect, I see you have been a member here for a year. I have been here for over 15 years. If you had been here you would know how many of LG Products and ideas have been copied in one way or another

I had one product that showed up at the SEMA show, They didn't even make their own copy yet, they just put MY part on display as their own (not knowing that I had it stamped on the back.

But As for this system, it has been a long time making it perform and look like it does.

I helped the Aftermarket car manufacturer because he was a friend of mine for years and he said he would NOT make them for the general Aftermarket. I did not bad mouth him, I just wanted to point that out because after the fact, so many are smart.

And you are right, there are only so many ways to cool cars like this unless you are GM and you did NOT figure it out in an OEM way.

No we did not invent the light bulb but we have a different sort of Lamp that we designed.

Also, we solved the A6 Transmission cooling problem and the A8 cooling problem. We did not copy anyone, we are the leader when it comes to Solutions that are missed so often.

THAT is why the aftermarket exists.

That is why every one of our LG Products works better than OEM. They count pennies and we count solutions.

Now, the question is this: Could GM have solved this before letting the car out for 3 years with issues? Probably but they did not.

WE DID. and now the way we implemented our solution will be the base line for others who were not problem solvers for the last almost 3 years.

Thanks for your input.

Lou Gigliotti

3 Time World Challenge National Champion, Winner Long Beach GP trans am, Winner Daytona 250, Winner of 25 World Challenge races with 25 pole positions, All dumb luck for sure.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:25 PM
LG Motorsports

PS, Don't forget that we shared our System with at least one Aftermarket Car Manufacturer to help them out. SO there will be more "Geniuses" claiming our system as their own soon.

WE RACE, YOU WIN!

We will keep doing what makes Corvettes better for all.

More Products coming to improve the Corvette as delivered.

That IS what we do!!

Lou Gigliotti

Old 09-04-2016, 12:49 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Quick question. What happens to the diff cooler if you have a secondary trans cooler in it's place?
Old 09-04-2016, 12:56 PM
LG Motorsports

Hi,
The Diff cooler is small by comparison. It stays in place and the additional trans cooler is added to the RR without removing the Diff cooler.

We should have our new A8 Increased capacity oil pan coming soon, to help the A8 even more.

thanks
Lou Gigliotti
The following users liked this post:
racerx8 (09-06-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 02:40 PM
h3mpking
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
PS, Don't forget that we shared our System with at least one Aftermarket Car Manufacturer to help them out. SO there will be more "Geniuses" claiming our system as their own soon.

WE RACE, YOU WIN!

We will keep doing what makes Corvettes better for all.

More Products coming to improve the Corvette as delivered.

That IS what we do!!

Lou Gigliotti

I guess that I'm confused at the fact that you voluntarily helped out another aftermarket company with a cooling solution and now you talk bad about them because they may "copy" you. Fool me once, shame on you.. Fool me twice.., you know what follows. At the end of the day, there are only so many ways to set up cooling solutions on these cars. Stop acting like the entire world copies every move y'all make.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:08 PM
LG Motorsports

Hi, with all due respect, I see you have been a member here for a year. I have been here for over 15 years. If you had been here you would know how many of LG Products and ideas have been copied in one way or another

I had one product that showed up at the SEMA show, They didn't even make their own copy yet, they just put MY part on display as their own (not knowing that I had it stamped on the back.

But As for this system, it has been a long time making it perform and look like it does.

I helped the Aftermarket car manufacturer because he was a friend of mine for years and he said he would NOT make them for the general Aftermarket. I did not bad mouth him, I just wanted to point that out because after the fact, so many are smart.

And you are right, there are only so many ways to cool cars like this unless you are GM and you did NOT figure it out in an OEM way.

No we did not invent the light bulb but we have a different sort of Lamp that we designed.

Also, we solved the A6 Transmission cooling problem and the A8 cooling problem. We did not copy anyone, we are the leader when it comes to Solutions that are missed so often.

That is why every one of our LG Products works better than OEM. They count pennies and we count solutions.

Now, the question is this: Could GM have solved this before letting the car out for 3 years with issues? Probably but they did not.

WE DID. and now the way we implemented our solution will be the base line for others who were not problem solvers for the last almost 3 years.

Thanks for your input.

Lou Gigliotti

3 Time World Challenge National Champion, Winner Long Beach GP trans am, Winner Daytona 250, Winner of 25 World Challenge races with 25 pole positions, All dumb luck for sure.
The following 6 users liked this post by LG Motorsports:
cvp33 (09-04-2016), racerx8 (09-04-2016), rsilver (09-04-2016), Shaka (09-12-2016), SpeedyD (09-06-2016), thebishman (09-05-2016) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-04-2016, 05:50 PM
h3mpking
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

Thanks for your input.

Lou Gigliotti

The response looks like your smart *** son wrote it as he is famous for doing on social platforms such as Facebook, etc. I understand your past and think that is commendable, but just because you did something x amount of years ago, does NOT mean that is valid today or even relevant in the conversation. At some point, you have to make your mark in the present and stop hanging on to the past. Don't let my 1 year on this forum fool you on my knowledge of these cars or aftermarket companies. I enjoy ya'lls products, but ya'lls attitude this past year towards the entire industry is quit snobbish and very amateur in my opinion. If your product is what you say it is, then let the product prove it and let the consumers make that choice after they are able to make an analysis of what is on the market and best fits their needs.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:01 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Ok so I'm not as clear as everyone else on this. LG came up with the cut front fascia and split intercoolers early in the game. Maybe only TIKT had mentioned it sooner (maybe. Not sure). Then Gspeed popped up with what appeared to be an identical kit to LG. And they started a bunch of testing threads. Being new to the Vette community I thought Gspeed is a wing of LG that was continuing the idea to production.

So someone please clue me in. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:12 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Bold prediction: THIS thread is going to get exciting quickly.....
Old 09-04-2016, 06:23 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

I thought G speed was LG. I guess I was wrong!!

Do you think GM may have not done this due to crash test needs or some other budget concerns? Maybe parts supplier contracts, etc. They are a big ship that turns slowly compared to the small row boats that the small business guys have Alright, jet skis in the fast guys case

Last edited by spinkick; 09-04-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:36 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Bold prediction: THIS thread is going to get exciting quickly.....
Yup...
Old 09-04-2016, 06:46 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Someone who knows rather than someone who guesses should be the first to clear up any confusion between the G Speed and LG stuff: Looks similar to me, are they related? Co-developed? Both borrowed from Xerox Parc?
Old 09-04-2016, 07:33 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
Someone who knows rather than someone who guesses should be the first to clear up any confusion between the G Speed and LG stuff: Looks similar to me, are they related? Co-developed? Both borrowed from Xerox Parc?

G-speed owned by Louise who is the son of Lou the owner of LG. Father and son. I guess now business competitors

https://gspeed.com/about/history/

This is what I know from the previous thread. See post 1, 33, 85, 89 on below link!!!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...r-results.html

This all started by Operation getting the Dewitt cooling pack and finding out it didn't work. LG sent their own kit to operation. G-speed took care of installation and further testing and development. I thought this was a joint effort between LG and G speed but it looks like G-Speed took off with development and hired Dewitt to do the heat exchangers!!!!! It gets a little confusing.

Last edited by 5thGear; 09-04-2016 at 07:52 PM.
LG Motorsports (01-24-2018)
Old 09-04-2016, 08:08 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Ah, family feuds.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:26 PM
URBAN LEGEND
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:29 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Right-on! ;)

Hi Guys.

WE addressed the Transmission cooling by putting a second trans cooler (LG Trans Cooler) in the Right Rear to eliminate the Transmission from the over heating equation. AND we have a new A8 Transmission oil pan adding just under 1 gal more trans fluid!

Thanks guys

Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports
972-429-1963

I've been saying bringing that transmission heat forward sucks, obviously!

And it frees up that space. This is any A8 guys MOD all by itself!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 09-04-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:29 PM
LG Motorsports

First gang Louis is my son who owns part of Gspeed. He is a good kid and like any father would say, "I taught Louis everything he knows, BUT I didn't teach him everything I KNOW".

Yes I sent the base parts of my kit to my son for Operations. The Louis being as impatient as me, added things to make it work but like I said, it was too much "stuff" and not enough Efficiency. He plans on testing my complete system some time in the future to validate my claims but we have already matched or beat anything out there.

No Worries, Operations is happy and we are glad we could help.

The guy with NO NAME, H3MPKING is about as wrong as it gets but since he won't say who he is or where he is from after being on here for a year, his opinion does not carry much weight.

BUT just to address a few things. I would say that there is MORE TECH TRANSFER going from LG Motorsports to Corvette, than from Corvette racing. That tag line is just to satisfy the bean counters to justify the $40 million dollar plus budget for Racing and the mind set that GM has that won't allow any independent teams to race a corvette in Pro racing in the US. GM regularly has other brand cars torn apart in their "Tech Center" to see how the other companies do it then reverse engineering it to work on the Corvette. Nothing wrong with this but when they fall flat, it is no my duty to explain my system to them, especially since they have LG Motorsports "Black Balled" from getting any SEMA tech Sharing and data transfer like ALL the other Aftermarket Companies have available.

BUT I digress. Do I have a " Sharp Tongue and a Razor Wit" Yes for sure but it is because we do what we say and we actually deliver what we promise.

Porsche has had dual turbo intercoolers for years but they are air to air coolers. There are no Air to Liquid Dual coolers around but the dual cooler concept in general has been around. Why Didn't GM apply the same knowledge that I did to the C7? Because they always think if they invented it then there is nothing left. Think again!

I am a racer and a race car builder since 1971, yes that long. When GM introduces a new Corvette it usually is not lacking as much as the C7 Z06 was.

They usually just need to have brakes, and Suspension revisions with shocks etc to make them track ready.

Even with that in mind, the early cars would still make a whole session without shutting down. BUT then GM didn't brag about being "track ready" back then.

NOTE: John GlennTwo, yes we sell the Transmission cooling package for both the A6 and the A8 separate. call us .

I will make a list of LG Firsts for H3MPKING to chew on. it would be nice if he would man up and tell who he is. But I doubt it.

Thanks Guys,

Lou Gigliotti
So many firsts.....it would take a second to list them!!

racerx8 (09-04-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To LG MOTORSPORTS Supercharger and Engine cooling Perfected!

Old 09-04-2016, 10:18 PM
LG Motorsports

The response looks like your smart *** son wrote it as he is famous for doing on social platforms such as Facebook, etc. I understand your past and think that is commendable, but just because you did something x amount of years ago, does NOT mean that is valid today or even relevant in the conversation. At some point, you have to make your mark in the present and stop hanging on to the past. Don't let my 1 year on this forum fool you on my knowledge of these cars or aftermarket companies. I enjoy ya'lls products, but ya'lls attitude this past year towards the entire industry is quit snobbish and very amateur in my opinion. If your product is what you say it is, then let the product prove it and let the consumers make that choice after they are able to make an analysis of what is on the market and best fits their needs.
First of all, Louis does not speak for LG Motorsports he is his own person and company.

One thing I will say about your claims ---You have given me an opportunity to make a post with all our NEW PRODUCTS!!!

NOW you call me out with a fallacious charge that has no merit but YOU call me "snobbish"? As you snobbishly tell me that you are an expert in Aftermarket companies and Corvette products????

You said, At some point I have to "Make your mark in the present"???

Ya think?
** How about what we just did to solve the A6 and A8 Trans cooling issues? Is that in the present enough?
*** Or the new LG enlarged Transmission Oil pans for the C7 Corvette with 6 speed and 8 Speed. Just run of the mill stuff.

**OR the very cooling system that did not exist before LG Motorsports developed our current system, Is that "Present Tense" enough?

** OR our C7 Drag Spindles and Fabricated A arms?
** OR our C7 Unique Sway bars, unlike any in the Corvette industry that we would not show a picture of for just this reason. IT is still unique

**OR our Man ****, yeah I know, Old News C6 because GM modified their exhaust note open system. Which means that we have to introduce our "Quiet Man ****" because the sound is annoying!!

** OR our C7 Bilstein coil over package AND our GT2 Red Coil over package that actually works, better than any out there.

** Our Hood for the C7 is the most advanced and functional hood available.

** Don't forget our LG Dual carbon Brake Ducts and backing plate
** We have our new LG G-7 wheels on the way also. Just like anyone in the aftermarket who has their own Corvette C7 wheels designed and built. I would say that too is unique and in the present.

** How about our C7 Rear adjustable Toe Link? IT takes away all the mystery.

** we also have 2 patents on the way for new and unique Suspension products but I guess that too is OLD Stuff??

True Long Tube Corvette headers I will admit, were developed on the C5 by LG MOTORSPORTS Before any were available. Prior to that, all corvette headers were short headers that needed to be welded to the Stock mid pipes. We designed and developed the first true Long Tube headers and we got Borla to Make them for us. THEN and only THEN did the other Long Tube Headers come out. GEE, I wonder where they got the idea????

even today, we have our True Merge Collector NOT some stamped collector,. We wanted Race Quality collectors and that is what we got!

Now Most of these products have already been Market Tested and validated. In fact many of them were not copied because of the complexity and cost or they would have.

But even though they did not copy many of them exactly, they copied the concept.

Any way you look at it, h3mpking, we do what we say and we meet or exceed any expectations. WE Have raised the Corvette performance bar so many times it is hard to not forget so many.

Thanks for allowing me to post up a partial NEW PRODUCT post.

Lou Gigliotti

LG Motorsports

Hey LOOK, the New LG G7 Wheels!!! Thanks for the opportunity.

OH and here are the new LG Carbon Fiber C7 Dual Brake Cooling ducts and backing plate

Here is our Completed fabricated A arm for use with our Drag Spindle to allow 15" Drag Slicks on the C7!
The following 3 users liked this post by LG Motorsports:
racerx8 (09-06-2016), Shaka (09-12-2016), SpeedyD (09-06-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 10:21 PM
rsilver
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

[QUOTE=LG Motorsports;1592988411]Hi Guys.

I guess the question is how complex does the system need to be.

I for one would never add 7 coolers to the front of the C7 to accomplish what we did with 4.

The 4 Coolers include the Engine Radiator, Two Supercharger Coolers, one under each headlight. And a single oil cooler in place of the GM Transmission cooler.

That is 4 coolers that accomplish the entire task efficiently with a clean installation. In Fact, we only added 2 additional coolers for the Supercharger but we removed the GM inefficient designed intercooler.

Removing the Stock Intercooler and splitting it is really not adding any coolers so by splitting it, we really did not add any extra weight to the front, we just "Spread" it.

Also, we just "Reassigned" the task of the transmission cooler and split the the task of the OEM cooler and moved it to the side which eliminated the excessive heat entering the engine radiator.

The engine radiator can not cool with 220 degree air flowing through it from the intercooler. That would be like trying to cool the engine in 220 degree ambient temp.

That is not to say that a Hatchet solution won't work but I prefer the scalpel method with "Efficient Simplicity" to achieve the same or better results. (Not To Mention that the extra front weight with 7 coolers in place is exactly the opposite of what the Corvette C7 Needs.

We took our time and created the solution that achieves the BEST results.

Eventually even GM will copy our system because it does the job best with the least amount of complexity. (And so will everyone else.)

I would never add 7 coolers and the associated weight to the front of any car let alone a C7.

We thought GM was wrong when they put a second Transmission cooler in front, so we eliminated the GM Trans Cooler and replaced it with our own in the Right Rear Fender.

That allowed us to use that Front cooler location for our Oil Cooler so we really only added 2 additional coolers in place of 1 larger intercooler that the GM Factory had.

My Mistake was letting some people and aftermarket Boutique Car builders, see my system before we were finished. The proof is in the test results at 103 degree ambient Texas temps at the test track.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery but in this business, I could use with LESS FLATTERY

ALL TESTING DONE AT 103 DEGREE TEXAS HEAT!

Water Temp: 223 degrees only spiked to 225 when we sat in the pits.
We used a single LG Super Cool Radiator with a racing fan in place. **There are other systems out there that have to ADD a second Engine Radiator to get the temps down to what we did with our Single "LG Super Cool Radiator".

Oil Temp: 270 Degrees max and achieved it with a single typical oil cooler in the front replacing the GM Transmission cooler.

Supercharger temps never exceeded any level that would cause a shut down or lose power.
We do not see any cavitation due to the design of our Dual Coolers.

We have oil cooler and trans cooler systems ready to go now.
We have our Dual Super Cooler systems in stock too.
We have the first batch of Carbon Inlet opening parts coming in Tuesday.

Give us a call and we can start shipping to anyone who needs to get their C7 to run cool enough for track days. Call and talk to Anthony and he can start shipping immediately.

Thanks guys

Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports
972-429-1963

Lou, Anthony I was wondering about the weight of your stage one system VS the stock system. I am just looking at the basic system without the oil cooler, trans cooler etc. I can up grade as needed.
Also curious to know how much additional cooling your new hood provides. Is it only available in carbon fiber or are you going to do one in less expensive materials? thanks!
Old 09-04-2016, 10:33 PM
LG Motorsports

[QUOTE=rsilver;1592991441]

Lou, Anthony I was wondering about the weight of your stage one system VS the stock system. I am just looking at the basic system without the oil cooler, trans cooler etc. I can up grade as needed.
Also curious to know how much additional cooling your new hood provides. Is it only available in carbon fiber or are you going to do one in less expensive materials? thanks!

Hi,

Ok back to business and real questions!

Our stage one system does not add any extra weight. WE remove the stock intercooler and replace it with 2 coolers that are just slightly larger than 1/2 of the original cooler for each LG Cooler.
Then we add our LG Super Cool Radiator which is just slightly heavier from the added water capacity.

The main focus was to remove the 220 degree air from in front of the original radiator.

We do not have the before and after specs on the hood and how much it adds to the cooling but from our experience it will be significant.
Since the OEM hood is also Carbon fiber, we felt it necessary to make our LG C7 Hood out of carbon Fiber as well.

If you add our radiator with our fan system just as we did, I think the OEM hood will still allow some air/heat to escape from the louvers but the stock OEM hood was not optimized for extraction.

I will look into making a hood from "S Glass" to reduce the cost later. Our hoods are all "Pre-Preg" carbon which is an aero space grade carbon.

Give us a call and we can discuss your car as the "Stage 1 Test bed"

Thanks for the question

Lou Gigliotti

Quick Reply: LG MOTORSPORTS Supercharger and Engine cooling Perfected!