C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Vitesse Throttle Controller - How good is it?

Old 04-30-2017, 09:53 PM
HighBeta
Amat Victoria Curam
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by tzoid9
Aw, come on now, Busa is just trying to explain his observations and he really does know what he's talking about... and I don't know how often he gets laid, but I'd bet it's within the last year. Anyway, that information is on a different forum.
I do have an M7, '016 Z06 and I am also one of the faithful who has continually b*tched about the hesitation issue when starting out, especially if you're on a hill...there truly is miles of discussion on this subject in this Forum, and most of the owners (over 95%) have felt the problem. I personally did talk to the Vitesse group about a year ago (guessing) and they very specifically told me that the throttle controller they sell would do nothing, zilch, zero, to eliminate or even mask this problem. I did determine that it does reduce (not eliminate) the hesitation if you run in Sport or Track mode...Tour mode, it is worse. I did purchase a Tony Mamo ported T/B and it did help a great deal. I can't say it completely cured the problem, but for me, at least, it is now drive able and actually the truly minimal hesitation I feel is acceptable to me. A freebie with the PTB of Tony's is that the car feels quicker through the acceleration curve. Seat of the pants feeling for sure, but my butt says it's quicker!
I think it's time for me to call Tony Mamo and get his throttle body. Everything I've read indicates that his product directly addresses the brief stutter/stumble that's clearly there in my 16 Z.

Last edited by HighBeta; 04-30-2017 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:35 AM
The T-man
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

TB is great + Vitesse
I use the word "snappier" to describe the throttle response

and you guys listing your cars,
looks like you're trying to show off
or I guess the idea that more cars = more knowledge

Last edited by The T-man; 07-04-2018 at 02:37 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:02 PM
VitesseMotorsports
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

We're here to help with any questions about the Throttle Controller !
Old 11-11-2018, 08:15 PM
PureSwank
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Why is everybody arguing? The device works. No it does not reduce lag. Lag remains exactly the same. What it does is decrease the amount of pedal push to gain say 100 percent of your power. An example would be

Stock:
85 percent pedal push equals 85 percent power response

vitesse controller:
45 percent pedal push equals 85 persent power response.

So technically a 850hp corvette with the controller should pull on a 850hp corvette for the difference in throttle response percentage before both corvettes reach 100 percent power response and even out.

This mod would be exactly as adding stickier tires to a car. The car with the stickeir tires should have the advantage up until the point that the stock tires get complete grip.

Last edited by PureSwank; 11-11-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller - How good is it?