Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page >

Loud clicking noise from wheels when turning

Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud clicking noise from wheels when turning

Old 07-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Speednet
CF Senior Member

Received 318 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by z51vett View Post
I have this also 2016 Z06 I don't hear it my son inlaw did standing outside car both front wheels. I'm not letting some new trainee pull my wheels off and skin them up. Is this warranty and how often and when it's out that's a pain in the *** for me 73 bad back and shoulder.
z51vett
Doug
If you can't trust the dealer to remove 5 bolts from a wheel what exactly can you trust them to do? Life is too short to worry about that. Save your back and shoulder and let the dealer check it out.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:28 AM
Jason900rr
CF Senior Member

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I think I may have found the issue, well at least for my clicking! I was looking under the car the other day while cleaning the inner barrels of my rims and when I was in the front I started looking around to see where this "clicking" "buzzing" noise could possibly be coming from! I noticed that right behind the lower control arm there is a black plastic piece on both sides of the car that is about 1/4" at most behind it! I thought at a certain speed that this could be hitting the control arm so I decided to bend it back and hold it for a few seconds to kinda reshape it. I did this to both sides a few times until it was about 3/4" bent back from the control arm! Lowered my car back to the ground and went for a drive and my "clicking" "buzzing" noise has disappeared!
Old 08-31-2017, 11:58 AM
IM4A2Z
CF Senior Member

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Mine just started doing it this morning when I pulled into the parking garage at work, I'm at 3,900 miles. Glad I found this thread! I'll pull the front pads this weekend and lube the shims.

Last edited by IM4A2Z; 08-31-2017 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:00 PM
Thunder22
CF Senior Member

Received 1,348 Likes on 914 Posts

i had it when i first got the car, but now it's not doing it any longer. odd.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:21 PM
gSwift
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Anyone still having this issue, or have a permanent fix? Haven't drove my Z in a couple weeks and I noticed on Monday that it was clicking.

I took it home and jacked the car up and it was still clicking just from turning the wheel by hand. So I went a step further and pulled pulled one pad on the driver side and the clicking stopped. So I put everything back together and the problem returned.

Dropped it off at the dealer on Tuesday and today I get the same BS answer from GM..."it's normal". The dealer did say that GM said they could cut the rotors and that they would cover that, but the noise will return. This seems far from normal to me.

My car has 3000 miles and has Carbotech pads. I did grease the pads when they were installed and haven't had an issue until right now. Guess i'll try to re-grease them.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:55 PM
Devereaux
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine is a '16. I routinely get the problem when I first pull out of the garage when turning the wheel. However, after the tires get warmed up, it is no longer there. I notice it more in the winter if I go out on a cold day. In the warmer weather don't see it much. When I return to the garage, no clicking when turning.

I have 6400 miles, tires are original, as are rims. Brakes did it with the original pads, and now also with the CarboTech pads.

Last edited by Devereaux; 03-30-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:16 PM
gSwift
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Devereaux View Post
Mine is a '16. I routinely get the problem when I first pull out of the garage when turning the wheel. However, after the tires get warmed up, it is no longer there. I notice it more in the winter if I go out on a cold day. In the warmer weather don't see it much. When I return to the garage, no clicking when turning.

I have 6400 miles, tires are original, as are rims. Brakes did it with the original pads, and now also with the CarboTech pads.
Yeah mine is doing it though with the wheel off. So I know itís not wheel or tire related. Oh well, guess Iíll see whatís itís doing when I get it back from the dealer shaving the rotors.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:29 AM
The_Gretz
CF Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 92 Posts

I have a 17 Z and my wife has a 16 Camaro SS. They both make the same clicking sound. I gave up on trying to fix it a long time ago
Old 06-13-2018, 09:54 AM
CaptainSlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Gretz View Post
I have a 17 Z and my wife has a 16 Camaro SS. They both make the same clicking sound. I gave up on trying to fix it a long time ago
Reviving this thread as I also have the clicking sound on my 2017 Z06. It is especially loud in the garage where I work. I brought it to the dealer but they couldn't hear it. They performed the TSB anyway but the sound was back in a day. I will probably take it back one more time and then I guess I have to live with it.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:40 AM
Vette_17
CF Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

strange how the fix worked for some and not others

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Loud clicking noise from wheels when turning

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: