C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

DSC Sport Shock Controller observations

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 01:44 PM
NTMD8R
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 68 Posts

OK, I ordered mine this morning.
I'm looking forward to the improved times we can achieve (if I do things correctly (LOL)).

Last edited by NTMD8R; 07-16-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:20 AM
XLF
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jeremy,
Any news of my new controller ?
Christian
Old 07-20-2018, 01:56 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by XLF
Hi Jeremy,
Any news of my new controller ?
Christian
Hey Christian, I owe three of you corvette owners controllers atm from warranty. I am sorry for the delay, we should have word on the next batch here soon. Good news is this batch is working flawlessly!
Old 07-20-2018, 07:12 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

What kind of hot pressure on track are your shooting for with super sports or cup 2? I’m still getting a lot of outside edge wear on super sports with the DSC street/track alignment and hot pressures of about 34-35psi. I don’t have the controller yet but it is backordered.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:54 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacembellum
What kind of hot pressure on track are your shooting for with super sports or cup 2? I’m still getting a lot of outside edge wear on super sports with the DSC street/track alignment and hot pressures of about 34-35psi. I don’t have the controller yet but it is backordered.
I like 32 -34 max hot but ymmv. I usually start out at 26 or so. Once it gets much beyond 32 or so I can feel it getting looser.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:00 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,193 Likes on 2,140 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
Autocrossing is not so different from road racing only happens faster technique is similar get behind the corner get to power or find the straitest line either way grip is King . All of the c7 competing in optima search for the ultimate street car use the DSC module . The off the shelf tune and my alignment are it . If you have been autocrossing alot work from there with slight ride ht adjustment . I find autocrossing my car I tend to run in sport mode leaving traction on . If it's not invasive your being smooth and that is fast . I was out yesterday autocrossing my biggest tool was tire pressure and being smooth put my best time in with tire pressure up traction on never interrupted dropped 2 sec
DSCSPORT will give you big grip faster turn in better power off no drama that is what autocrossing is
Quick question and sorry if this was already answered or talked about in this thread but this thread is too long for me to go through it.

But what is the difference between the GM MRC update you can get at the dealer (whether it's free or 350 bucks etc) and getting this controller for nearly 4 times the price?

I know the feedback has been already stated and pretty much everyone has high praise for it. My car already rides fine the way it is with the new tires and alignment but of course if there's a better feel out there, i'm willing to go for it.

The only dilemma is that is it really worth the cost since my Z is a weekend car. The actual price isn't a big deal even though it is a lot of money, but idk if that actual price will justify my hopes for it.

And i really hate myself for coming into this thread lol
Old 07-20-2018, 09:51 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 731 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacembellum
Your hot pressures are fine, but go and get a shop who really knows how to do an alignment, especially the all important rear caster, that uses the DSC Track settings. You will not increase inside wear on the street if it’s set correctly.

Bish
Old 07-20-2018, 09:56 PM
Questar
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Quick question and sorry if this was already answered or talked about in this thread but this thread is too long for me to go through it.

But what is the difference between the GM MRC update you can get at the dealer (whether it's free or 350 bucks etc) and getting this controller for nearly 4 times the price?

I know the feedback has been already stated and pretty much everyone has high praise for it. My car already rides fine the way it is with the new tires and alignment but of course if there's a better feel out there, i'm willing to go for it.

The only dilemma is that is it really worth the cost since my Z is a weekend car. The actual price isn't a big deal even though it is a lot of money, but idk if that actual price will justify my hopes for it.

And i really hate myself for coming into this thread lol
I’m no expert but I’ll give you my take on this, based on everything I read for a year before making the leap... and my own experience after I installed the DSC controller in my 2017 Z06 late last year.

in a nut shell: the factory controller is a STATIC system that comes with several basic configuartions pre-determined by GM that you then choose (Tour, Sport, Track). Once you’ve made your choice the parameters and responses are given based on what a GM chose, and REGARDLESS HOW TOU ARE DRIVING OR WHAT THE ROAD, TRACK, ETC THROWS AT YOU. It’s a static system.

The DSC controller is dynamic. While you still get to choose the drive mode (Tour, Sport, Track, etc), and the controller has a pre-determined set of parameters for each mode setting, it goes further in that it actually reads the various input senors from the vehicle to see what actual road conditions are being encountered and what the driver is doing (throttle, G’s, etc.) to DYNAMICALLY alter the response of your suspension to deal with these situations. It’s a live system that forms itself to what’s actually happening at any given moment.

So, if you’re driving along in Tour mode and you suddenly slam the throttle wide open and aggressively hit a series of S curves the suspension will respond to this rather than just continue along on the factory’s pre-set tour mode of soft suspension and floaty ride.

Plus... if you are interested you can actually change the various ride and response parameters in the controller to meet specific needs or desires... something you can’t do with GM’s system. The DSC controller is fully user programmable and customizable.

its a great system... moves the car to the next level... on street and on track.
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 12:05 AM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Questar

I’m no expert but I’ll give you my take on this, based on everything I read for a year before making the leap... and my own experience after I installed the DSC controller in my 2017 Z06 late last year.

in a nut shell: the factory controller is a STATIC system that comes with several basic configuartions pre-determined by GM that you then choose (Tour, Sport, Track). Once you’ve made your choice the parameters and responses are given based on what a GM chose, and REGARDLESS HOW TOU ARE DRIVING OR WHAT THE ROAD, TRACK, ETC THROWS AT YOU. It’s a static system.

The DSC controller is dynamic. While you still get to choose the drive mode (Tour, Sport, Track, etc), and the controller has a pre-determined set of parameters for each mode setting, it goes further in that it actually reads the various input senors from the vehicle to see what actual road conditions are being encountered and what the driver is doing (throttle, G’s, etc.) to DYNAMICALLY alter the response of your suspension to deal with these situations. It’s a live system that forms itself to what’s actually happening at any given moment.

So, if you’re driving along in Tour mode and you suddenly slam the throttle wide open and aggressively hit a series of S curves the suspension will respond to this rather than just continue along on the factory’s pre-set tour mode of soft suspension and floaty ride.

Plus... if you are interested you can actually change the various ride and response parameters in the controller to meet specific needs or desires... something you can’t do with GM’s system. The DSC controller is fully user programmable and customizable.

its a great system... moves the car to the next level... on street and on track.
I have read through the DSC web site and at least to me it tends to highlight that user can make changes, and really doesn't say controller will work fine from them with no changes and no explanation as you have given. IF your take is spot on, then DSC should pay you for your explanation and use it!!!! Your explanation makes me realize I need/want one, but I'm not a suspension expert or did I stay in a Holiday Inn last night, so me making changes would certainly screw up my car. So nice job explaining the controller to us novices. Thank You!

Old 07-21-2018, 07:50 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,193 Likes on 2,140 Posts

Wow, now that was an explanation i needed to hear as well as everyone else. Thanks man.

I didn't think of it like that although the way you explained it, now it make sense given how advanced how suspension is.

I hardly use touring now unless it's a road i'm familar with and i know it's bad, i'll click it to touring about 1000 feet before i approach that bumpy road so it won't be too hard on me/car.

Other than that i always keep it in sport. I tried track a couple of times and that felt amazing, but the roads here are mostly bad, i think i'll do more damage to the car leaving it in track.

So you're saying it's active suspension correct? But what about the actual ride in each mode? People said the stock touring, becomes softer? And the stock sport, then feels like stock touring after the upgrade. Or do i have it backwards?

I don't want the floaty ride like in stock touring because it bounces too much. And in sport it rides perfect, but at the same time you feel all the imperfections in the road, whereas stock touring somewhat hides most of it.

Will this controller fix all these problems? I'm just digging and digging my way to justifying me spending to get it done. Like i said the actual cost isn't a big deal but if what i'm thinking is true, and if what i'm hoping from what you said is perfectly true, it may be worth it.

Otherwise since my car is only a weekend car, and gets driven about 4-5k miles a year, maybe i'll just leave it the way it is. It drives fine but i know it could be better.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 07-21-2018 at 07:51 AM. Reason: thanks
Old 07-21-2018, 08:26 AM
Questar
Pro

Just to add...

1. I'm NOT a "tech" suspension guy... and have almost zero interest in playing around or custom tuning my DSC controller. I ran mine right out of the box and was thrilled with the performance as is. BUT, if I had needed to customize anything the guys at DSC were more than willing to support and talk me through custom program changes (which I never utilized) and other users on this forum have swapped their customized "tunes" back and forth to help each other out when needed. So you don't have to be a techie to take advantage of this.

2. I sold my Z06 when I got my ZR1... took the controller out before I sold it... just waiting for Mike to supply me with the new firmware to be able to run the controller in my new ZR1. I miss it. The DSC controller in my Z06 was awesome. I never previously used Tour mode unless I was taking a long trip on the Interstate... but with the DSC controller I used Tour mode probably 85% of the time on the street. It felt great but instantly changed when my driving pattern changed. Better handling... better "dig" on acceleration... tighter on the cornering... just BETTER everywhere.

I went through the same "finicky" issues initially with the Z06... first board I got was part of the group that wouldn't work with the "new" 2017's at the time... Mike at DSC was unbelievable... supported me through the whole process... got me a replacement from the new chip set batch... checked it before he shipped it... it arrived and installed with no further issues. Frustration over. I can't say enough good things about my experience with them. As for the controller... it's worth the wait and the minor inconveniences I went through.

Honestly, it's the controller that GM should have built and delivered with every car... but then GM doesn't want you "playing" with these things... or customizing them either... hence why the new cars are locked and (so far) can't be tuned. This controller is like allowing the user to "tune" the suspension and driving modes.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:08 AM
Tim Porreca
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18, '19

So it sounds like I'd be foolish NOT to spend $1300 on my car Looking forward to getting this installed, sounds like it will address most, if not all, of my ride complaints. Of course I was more than willing to just accept them and enjoy the car without this.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:22 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Just to add...

1. I'm NOT a "tech" suspension guy... and have almost zero interest in playing around or custom tuning my DSC controller. I ran mine right out of the box and was thrilled with the performance as is. BUT, if I had needed to customize anything the guys at DSC were more than willing to support and talk me through custom program changes (which I never utilized) and other users on this forum have swapped their customized "tunes" back and forth to help each other out when needed. So you don't have to be a techie to take advantage of this.

2. I sold my Z06 when I got my ZR1... took the controller out before I sold it... just waiting for Mike to supply me with the new firmware to be able to run the controller in my new ZR1. I miss it. The DSC controller in my Z06 was awesome. I never previously used Tour mode unless I was taking a long trip on the Interstate... but with the DSC controller I used Tour mode probably 85% of the time on the street. It felt great but instantly changed when my driving pattern changed. Better handling... better "dig" on acceleration... tighter on the cornering... just BETTER everywhere.

I went through the same "finicky" issues initially with the Z06... first board I got was part of the group that wouldn't work with the "new" 2017's at the time... Mike at DSC was unbelievable... supported me through the whole process... got me a replacement from the new chip set batch... checked it before he shipped it... it arrived and installed with no further issues. Frustration over. I can't say enough good things about my experience with them. As for the controller... it's worth the wait and the minor inconveniences I went through.

Honestly, it's the controller that GM should have built and delivered with every car... but then GM doesn't want you "playing" with these things... or customizing them either... hence why the new cars are locked and (so far) can't be tuned. This controller is like allowing the user to "tune" the suspension and driving modes.
I'm waiting for the build date to come up for my ordered zr1 I've been lucky enough to drive more than a few laps at summit point that we tuned the chassis Al ican say is breath taking sensory overload wow the power when put down out if the corner is intoxicating .
Just try this if you have your old DSCsport controller make sure you have at least 12-17-17 install DSC disconnect battery posive cable then momentarily short to ground to power down all ecu. Put the positive back on battery. We have cars on the track and the ptm works on the 18 up models when that is done . I'll be out a week at a time at Daytona then road America and I'll look at what the timing needs to be when the ecu go online .
All best man is the zr1 cool it is the only car I would trade my Z06 on I love that car does it all
Old 08-02-2018, 01:30 PM
Jacob
Pro

Received 313 Likes on 93 Posts

I can tell you from DSCsport we are proud of the Dealer core we have built with the C7 market. Coming from drivers seat and being a racer most of my life I am truly excited and lucky at the prospect of having LG join DSCsport. DSCsport is proud that we are represented by dealers and distributors that are at the top of their game always looking at the future.
Anything available for C6 cars?
Old 08-14-2018, 10:41 PM
EMINENT 1
Drifting

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

Mike, I should have mine installed next week sometime. Did you ever finish the tutorial for the virtual bump stops?
I did a search on youtube and found this. Is this it?

I'd like to know what i'm doing once I get it. I have LG drop spindles and i'm lowered on stock bolts pretty low. I need to get this dialed in so when hitting dips in the road, my front tires don't rub the fender lip/spats.
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (08-14-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 10:08 AM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

Any update on the ETA for the revised boards?
Old 08-15-2018, 10:55 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by spinkick
Any update on the ETA for the revised boards?
Yes just got eta for the missing connector 3-4 weeks we should be able the complete the boards and start shipping I'm really sorry for any delays but I've been a stickler for quality and had to redo some smaill points

Get notified of new replies

To DSC Sport Shock Controller observations

Old 08-15-2018, 11:17 PM
Questar
Pro

Yes just got eta for the missing connector 3-4 weeks we should be able the complete the boards and start shipping I'm really sorry for any delays but I've been a stickler for quality and had to redo some smaill points
Does this mean you’ll have a working version for our ZR1’s at that time as well?
Old 08-16-2018, 09:58 PM
amuseti
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Reinstalled mine to see if I still get service suspension error. Meanwhile I have a question. First time hooking up the laptop to it. When I read from the board or opening the latest pdts file on the first tab I see 20% value for right front gforce, is that normal?

Old 08-17-2018, 09:00 AM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

Center the blue dot and see what you have. That will probably fix what you're looking at

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Shock Controller observations