C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tony Mamo Ported TB installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 09:12 PM
tzoid9
Drifting

Received 417 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by UKnowWho18
Is the reboot of the computer required?
I never did and Tony has never left those directions, to my knowledge.
The following users liked this post:
UKnowWho18 (06-16-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 09:32 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by UKnowWho18
Is the reboot of the computer required?
No, that was a useless step and likely made the thing run poorly for a little while.
UKnowWho18 (06-16-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 10:28 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by laserdude2215
It's 89 in-lbs.
Thanks
Old 06-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rookieracer
No, that was a useless step and likely made the thing run poorly for a little while.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Ok...all done...quickest mod EVER...I notice the difference right away in throttle response for sure...I also have the Berger Motorsports Air filter...

I do have an idle issue though...it's hunting between 500 and 700 rpms...wondering if it needs to learn the new TB... anyone else have this issue?
Old 06-10-2017, 03:44 PM
laserdude2215
Burning Brakes

Received 389 Likes on 273 Posts

You may have introduced an intake air leak. Gasket not pinched? Ducts fully engaged? Clamps tight? Connector latch engaged?

Last edited by laserdude2215; 06-10-2017 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-10-2017, 04:39 PM
tzoid9
Drifting

Received 417 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyvetteguy007
Ok...all done...quickest mod EVER...I notice the difference right away in throttle response for sure...I also have the Berger Motorsports Air filter...

I do have an idle issue though...it's hunting between 500 and 700 rpms...wondering if it needs to learn the new TB... anyone else have this issue?
never had any idle changes or issues when I installed mine on my '016.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by laserdude2215
You may have introduced an intake air leak. Gasket not pinched? Ducts fully engaged? Clamps tight? Connector latch engaged?
Yeah I'll double check all of that in the morning.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:23 AM
LuckyC7Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts
Default forgot to post my install

Installed myTM in my A8 I was having a slight little hesitation when I would straight up hammer down from an idle stop but all that is gone now thanks to the new TB. Thanks Tony! Now my car goes into instant smoking wheel spins if I do that! Throttle response is instaneous!!!
Old 06-12-2017, 06:32 AM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Hmmm....so yesterday I removed the TB and reinstalled it in case I didn't install it properly, all looks good and still have the idle hunting between 500-700 rpms, drove it about 100 miles yesterday, the acceleration etc is great, but this idle issue is a problem, going to contact Tony today....

Last edited by Nyvetteguy007; 06-12-2017 at 06:32 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:34 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Hmmm....so yesterday I removed the TB and reinstalled it in case I didn't install it properly, all looks good and still have the idle hunting between 500-700 rpms, drove it about 100 miles yesterday, the acceleration etc is great, but this idle issue is a problem, going to contact Tony today....
Seems NyVetteguy007 is my unluckiest customer....LOL

The first TB I sent him was damaged in shipping....USPS dropped the package and it cracked the extended plastic housing area where the wire harness plugged into (in spite of really good packing in the box....those who have received one of my units can vouch for how well I pack them). So I sent him a replacement unit right away and for whatever reason he is dealing with this idle hunting issue which is a first with approaching a couple of hundred units out in the field.

Anyway as the saying goes, Im hoping three is the charm! Working on his 3rd unit this week. Im not sure what other mods or conditions might have created the idle hunting he is experiencing (possibly even a bad TB), but hopefully we get it right this time!

Regards,
Tony
Old 06-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

No idle hunting with the stock one reinstalled?
Old 06-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rookieracer
No idle hunting with the stock one reinstalled?
Nope, idle back to normal with stock unit.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo
Seems NyVetteguy007 is my unluckiest customer....LOL

The first TB I sent him was damaged in shipping....USPS dropped the package and it cracked the extended plastic housing area where the wire harness plugged into (in spite of really good packing in the box....those who have received one of my units can vouch for how well I pack them). So I sent him a replacement unit right away and for whatever reason he is dealing with this idle hunting issue which is a first with approaching a couple of hundred units out in the field.

Anyway as the saying goes, Im hoping three is the charm! Working on his 3rd unit this week. Im not sure what other mods or conditions might have created the idle hunting he is experiencing (possibly even a bad TB), but hopefully we get it right this time!

Regards,
Tony
I learned a long time ago in life, business etc, it's not the problem but how the problem is handled that matters.

Tony is taking every step to make sure we get this right and I appreciate that, I'm looking forward to hopefully getting the new TB in my hands this week, once I do I will report back the results.

Thanks Tony and everyone for the help!
Old 06-15-2017, 01:31 PM
MRHTRD
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Default New Tony Mamo Throttle Body + Other Mods

I ordered Tony's Throttle Body and as others have mentioned it was packed very well and a very easy install. Seems like a great product !!

I have an aFe cold air box, the throttle body and corsa x pipe and axle back exhaust. I also have the Vitesse throttle body controller installed and an MGW shifter on my 2016 Z06 Z07.

All of the other mods were installed before I installed the TB. Took the car out last night for a few hard launches as I am getting ready for the drags on Friday night and after a couple of very clean launches in race mode, the check engine light comes on. So there is obviously a code there.

Has anyone else experienced this and how can I get the code without going to the dealer ?

Thanks guys for your help.

Dave
Old 06-15-2017, 01:48 PM
UKnowWho18
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MRHTRD
I ordered Tony's Throttle Body and as others have mentioned it was packed very well and a very easy install. Seems like a great product !!

I have an aFe cold air box, the throttle body and corsa x pipe and axle back exhaust. I also have the Vitesse throttle body controller installed and an MGW shifter on my 2016 Z06 Z07.

All of the other mods were installed before I installed the TB. Took the car out last night for a few hard launches as I am getting ready for the drags on Friday night and after a couple of very clean launches in race mode, the check engine light comes on. So there is obviously a code there.

Has anyone else experienced this and how can I get the code without going to the dealer ?

Dave
I too recently installed Tony's PTB and have several mods installed prior: aFe CAI, MGW short shifter, Corsa x-pipe and Akropovic axle-back exhaust. I have had ZERO issue with the CEL coming on and have run mine pretty hard on the street. I don't have the Vitesse installed however.

You may want to disconnect your battery for 10 mins which will likely reset the CEL. If it comes on again, you should buy a OBD II reader on Amazon in order to see what the code is. You can get one for $20.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by UKnowWho18; 06-15-2017 at 03:16 PM.
MRHTRD (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 02:47 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by MRHTRD

Dave
I'm going to guess you have a 2017. Regardless, it will be a P0121 Throttle Position Sensor Code. Does no damage or cause adverse side effects other than the annoying CEL. Buy a Harbor Freight OBD-II/CAN reader and clear it. They're about $20 if memory serves me. Also, any parts store will use their scanner and clear it for you for free. Keep the scanner close as it will very likely throw the code every time you drive the car. The car does not "learn" what was changed and resolve the issue.

I keep my scanner within hand reach behind the passenger seat back and have gotten good at clearing the code while driving.

Only other option is return it to Tony who will send you one ported a little less than the one you have.

Also, my 2017 car is 100% stock except for the PTB.

Last edited by rikhek; 06-15-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Tony Mamo Ported TB installed

Old 06-15-2017, 02:59 PM
snow
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 220 Likes on 171 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '17-'18-'19

I learned a long time ago in life, business etc, it's not the problem but how the problem is handled that matters.

Tony is taking every step to make sure we get this right and I appreciate that, I'm looking forward to hopefully getting the new TB in my hands this week, once I do I will report back the results.

Thanks Tony and everyone for the help!
This is a fact that is lost on some of the vendors on this forum. They should take a lesson from Tony. The Customer comes first!

I got mine and installed it, no issues with idle and I could tell that it throttle response was improved. it was packaged so it could take a nuclear blast... LOL

The car is at the tuner this week where they are adding the headers, xpipe and a tune. Look forward to driving it. They will dyno it as well but not looking for any meaningful gains. Just over seat of the pants feel.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:58 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by snow
This is a fact that is lost on some of the vendors on this forum. They should take a lesson from Tony. The Customer comes first!
Absolutely agree. Frankly I wish Tony and Terry Burger BMS would come out with more things so I can support them!

Best,
Gene
Old 06-15-2017, 05:03 PM
MRHTRD
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
I'm going to guess you have a 2017. Regardless, it will be a P0121 Throttle Position Sensor Code. Does no damage or cause adverse side effects other than the annoying CEL. Buy a Harbor Freight OBD-II/CAN reader and clear it. They're about $20 if memory serves me. Also, any parts store will use their scanner and clear it for you for free. Keep the scanner close as it will very likely throw the code every time you drive the car. The car does not "learn" what was changed and resolve the issue.

I keep my scanner within hand reach behind the passenger seat back and have gotten good at clearing the code while driving.

Only other option is return it to Tony who will send you one ported a little less than the one you have.

Also, my 2017 car is 100% stock except for the PTB.
Guess I should have said mine is a 2016 Z06 Z07.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Tony Mamo Ported TB installed