C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tony Mamo Ported TB installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 10:35 AM
DomLS3
Pro

Received 186 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by badhabit_wb
I'm guessing you're going to have to figure this one out with a little research. I doubt either of these vendors would badmouth the other. They're both great to deal with. I have purchased products from both and been satisfied with their products and their service. There are a lot of reviews on both and people that have purchased both.
I'm not looking for one vendor to badmouth another. I'm looking for a vendor who wants to earn my business by answering my questions, especially if the product is more expensive for the same job. I have no problem spending a premium on a product if there's a legit reason why it's a premium. I haven't been able to find enough reviews elsewhere to answer my questions unfortunately.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:46 AM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...o-go-with.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ts-inside.html

Last edited by badhabit_wb; 04-09-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:06 AM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by djpelosi
I'm not looking for one vendor to badmouth another. I'm looking for a vendor who wants to earn my business by answering my questions, especially if the product is more expensive for the same job. I have no problem spending a premium on a product if there's a legit reason why it's a premium. I haven't been able to find enough reviews elsewhere to answer my questions unfortunately.
I started with a Katech, and switched to a Mamo. The difference is dramatic. The Katech is a nice piece, just didn’t give me the throttle response I thought a 650 hp car should have.

If I’m not happy with a mod, I remove it and try something else. I don’t get stuck defending one particular part just because I bought it. It either meets my expectations or I move on.
The following users liked this post:
cajunboyz (04-10-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 07:56 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by djpelosi
PM sent....should help you get a better grasp of the situation

If you have any questions just PM me back

-Tony
Old 04-10-2018, 01:52 AM
AEK
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Just another data point -- I ordered a ported TB from Tony on March 22, received it today, installed it in around 20 minutes (2014 Z51). No code problems, no idle problems, all went smoothly. I was surprised to see that the rest position for the butterfly is not fully closed -- interesting.

Then I took my car for a nice long drive. I came back smiling. I really like this car. In gears 1-3, subjectively, it does feel more responsive with the new TB. In gears 4-7, well, now I'm beginning to lust for more power. I suspect I'll notice the improvements to the TB even more in a commute, where there's stop-and-go.

I feel it was money well spent, and the car got lighter by a few grams, to boot!
MarkRacerX (04-18-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 01:59 PM
Chrjones2
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts

I notice a lot of M7 guys sing high praises for this mod. Is this a mod us A8 guys would want as well?
Old 04-17-2018, 02:21 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

I think you'd probably notice it but it would be much less pronounced. With the a8 you don't have to worry about stalling from a dead stop.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:26 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrjones2
I notice a lot of M7 guys sing high praises for this mod. Is this a mod us A8 guys would want as well?
The A8s don't seem to have that stumble problem off idle.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:56 PM
Zidane
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Just another data point for Tony and his product. I added his TB a few weeks back. Gone is the lag off idle, throttle response across the rev range is MUCH more crisp/responsive and the biggest thing for me - the car actually accelerates as it should when cruising at ~80mph in 7th gear.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:16 PM
C7Me
Burning Brakes

Received 482 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

Originally Posted by Chrjones2
I have an A6 and I bought a ported throttle body from a forum member (non Mamo), and it is a noticeable improvement. Much more responsive. IMO a must have mod that only takes an easy 20 mins to install. I can tell Tony’s is probably a smoother/better port than the one I have but I also paid a lot less. I would highly recommend one! 👍
Old 04-18-2018, 12:11 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
The A8s don't seem to have that stumble problem off idle.
I have already touched on this and gone over it earlier in this thread but it's important and worth repeating

Regarding the A8 versus manual M7 trans and more specifically how they respond to one of my ported TB's, in a nutshell.....ALL THE UPSIDES ARE THE SAME.

Your engine has no clue what transmission is bolted behind it.....all the perks of my ported TB are exactly the same including the 12- 15 RWTQ and 12-15 RWHP it adds as well.....the increase in throttle response, the removal of the lag off idle (which is simply masked more with the auto because there is no clutch pulling the engine down and less fancy foot work....LOL)....the large improvement in tip in throttle and the more linear intuitive power delivery.....its ALL there. The manual trans cars and the autos all reap the same benefits of this upgrade.

In fact I have helped many guys that have an A8 (who didnt realize they even had an issue) that simply wanted to try my product because of all the good reviews (knowing I offer a 30 day performance guarantee as well so no risk). Many of them took the time to email me back and let me know that now the car feels especially awesome with this upgrade and they didnt realize how bad it was until they felt how right it could be with the modified TB I offer.....a welcomed surprise on the upside for most.

While the manual trans guys are thrilled it helps remove/eliminate an issue that is more obvious (specifically the off idle lag), the A8 guys have been just as happy and as I mentioned more surprised mostly not realizing what they have been missing all along.

I encourage all of you running a stock LT1 or LT4 TB to try one of my modified units....its plug and play....no tune required....if your not totally stoked about the money you spent with me you have 30 days to return it for a full refund. Not too many opportunities in this hobby that offer you that type situation.....take advantage of it while you can. Also, clearly your not taking a flyer here....there must be a few hundred posts with extremely satisfied customers running my products. If your new to this hobby or the GM platform I recommend you Google my name if your unfamiliar with my background. I have been designing high performance cylinder heads, intake manifolds, and TB's for two decades and I basically specialize in the art of airflow. I should add that while I have designed cylinder heads and various airflow related products for alot of different brands over the years (even sport bikes), Im a "bowtie man" at heart and GM products make up 90% of the gear I specialize in.

Cheers,
Tony

PS.....I should add its a 15 minute install at best taking your sweet time and is barely a "one wrench" in difficulty....mods this inexpensive and this easy and this effective are rare to find. If you have been modding cars awhile Im sure you would agree.

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 04-18-2018 at 12:49 AM.
MarkRacerX (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 01:02 AM
twostep361
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo
I have already touched on this and gone over it earlier in this thread but it's important and worth repeating

Regarding the A8 versus manual M7 trans and more specifically how they respond to one of my ported TB's, in a nutshell.....ALL THE UPSIDES ARE THE SAME.

Your engine has no clue what transmission is bolted behind it.....all the perks of my ported TB are exactly the same including the 12- 15 RWTQ and 12-15 RWHP it adds as well.....the increase in throttle response, the removal of the lag off idle (which is simply masked more with the auto because there is no clutch pulling the engine down and less fancy foot work....LOL)....the large improvement in tip in throttle and the more linear intuitive power delivery.....its ALL there. The manual trans cars and the autos all reap the same benefits of this upgrade.

In fact I have helped many guys that have an A8 (who didnt realize they even had an issue) that simply wanted to try my product because of all the good reviews (knowing I offer a 30 day performance guarantee as well so no risk). Many of them took the time to email me back and let me know that now the car feels especially awesome with this upgrade and they didnt realize how bad it was until they felt how right it could be with the modified TB I offer.....a welcomed surprise on the upside for most.

While the manual trans guys are thrilled it helps remove/eliminate an issue that is more obvious (specifically the off idle lag), the A8 guys have been just as happy and as I mentioned more surprised mostly not realizing what they have been missing all along.

I encourage all of you running a stock LT1 or LT4 TB to try one of my modified units....its plug and play....no tune required....if your not totally stoked about the money you spent with me you have 30 days to return it for a full refund. Not too many opportunities in this hobby that offer you that type situation.....take advantage of it while you can. Also, clearly your not taking a flyer here....there must be a few hundred posts with extremely satisfied customers running my products. If your new to this hobby or the GM platform I recommend you Google my name if your unfamiliar with my background. I have been designing high performance cylinder heads, intake manifolds, and TB's for two decades and I basically specialize in the art of airflow. I should add that while I have designed cylinder heads and various airflow related products for alot of different brands over the years (even sport bikes), Im a "bowtie man" at heart and GM products make up 90% of the gear I specialize in.

Cheers,
Tony

PS.....I should add its a 15 minute install at best taking your sweet time and is barely a "one wrench" in difficulty....mods this inexpensive and this easy and this effective are rare to find. If you have been modding cars awhile Im sure you would agree.

i a 2017 (A8) with AFE blue filter,x-pipe, and 160 tstat and stock tune.
Will i need to tune it if i add the ported TB, or will it be ok?
i have a intercooler tank otw

Last edited by twostep361; 04-18-2018 at 01:03 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:29 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by twostep361
i a 2017 (A8) with AFE blue filter,x-pipe, and 160 tstat and stock tune.
Will i need to tune it if i add the ported TB, or will it be ok?
i have a intercooler tank otw
Plug and play....but knowing you have a 17' (most finicky model year) and all the other mods I would send you one of my more conservative units to insure you have no issues. This would be the last mod you can get to fly under the radar and honestly one of the best (this makes a larger difference as a solo mod than all the others mentioned).

Email me if you would like more information and instructions on how to purchase etc.

Actually for the guys paying attention and simply wanting to purchase right away I will save us both a little bit of time.

Easiest way to facilitate this transaction is to hit my website

www.mamomotorsports.com

Top right corner of home page you will see a pic of a credit card.....click on it and fill out all your info. Insert 390.00 in the payment amount (current shipped price). After your last name use a space and type LT4 or LT1 to designate the correct TB for your application (boosted is LT4 and naturally aspirated is LT1). You will receive an email receipt of the transaction immediately and I will be notified of the payment at that exact same time....its that simple....very quick and straightforward. I will also email you tracking info (USPS Priority) when Im ready to ship

Lead times have stretched a bit unfortunately (its the busiest time of year for this industry right now).....your looking at 2-3 weeks

I look forward to your feedback and in the unlikely event you have any issues at all just get in touch and we will get you taken care of immediately.

It's really an awesome upgrade....honestly doesnt get any better at this price point

Regards,
Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 04-18-2018 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:56 PM
SLEEKVET
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 152 Posts

I have a bone stock 2017 Z06 (A8). Just placed an order and look forward to what the TB will do for me. Now I just have to wait 3 weeks, lol. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:04 PM
Scudz
Pro

Received 322 Likes on 192 Posts

Dang, I hope I don’t get a “conservative “ unit. I just ordered one for my 17 LT1.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:05 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Scudz
Dang, I hope I don’t get a “conservative “ unit. I just ordered one for my 17 LT1.
Not to be the bearer of bad news but ALL the LT1 versions are conservative

I can send you one for an LT4 and have you throw a check engine light almost immediately if you prefer!.....LOL

Trust me its still an awesome upgrade and night and day better versus stock.....just compare what Im sending you to what your removing!

Cheers,
Tony
Old 04-19-2018, 08:05 AM
Scudz
Pro

Received 322 Likes on 192 Posts

Send some warm weather too! It’s snowing again today. Looking forward to trying out your TB.

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To Tony Mamo Ported TB installed

Old 04-19-2018, 12:19 PM
breakskeet
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 269 Likes on 145 Posts

I can attest to the fact that A8 owners will be pleased. I too was concerned about adding the TB to my 2017 Callaway Z06. Tony said, “trust me”. I’m glad I did. So much smoother and so much more response. Callaway should add it to their package.

Thanks Tony!

Old 11-23-2018, 05:44 PM
taylosw
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Help!

So not a car guy.

I installed the tony mamo ported throttle body today and I’m getting check engine light reduced power.

what should I do? Ran through forums and didn’t see any solutions. I may have missed it.

sorry in advance.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:30 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Did you purchase it direct from me? Shoot me an email if you did and assuming its a new unit that you bought from me I will swap it out for you. No big deal

When you email me back share some additional info about your current mods on the car etc.

Cheers
Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 11-23-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Tony Mamo Ported TB installed